• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bell Back In Pittsburgh

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I read it, but last week someone stated that he had fulfilled his requirements on his rookie contract to be an unrestricted free agent even if he didn't play this season. You would think any agent worth his salt would have known this when they started this fuckery, not "discover" it now:L
well he was MJD agent too, and he didnt do him right

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know but if he does give him 50 power I formations up the middle. Also make it so obvious he gets crushed.

He'd run it twice and the call it a season and fake an injury.....

I'd bet on it.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Didn't Pittsburgh eventually offer him a pretty solid contract extension?

2. Does anyone actually believe this dude is going to find a way to ultimately make more money than he would have had he just accepted the new contract offer by Pitts by forcing his way out of town?

3. He's 26 with 5 years of NFL miles RB racked up on his odometer already. He may be good, but legendarily freakish physical abilities to overcome all odds, Adrian Peterson style he is not. The guy should have taken the pay day if it was a reasonably fair offer and been counting his blessing to be paid millions upon millions of dollars for a few years of playing football. I'm willing to bet he's out of the league shortly after he his 30 like the vast majority of NFL RB's and ends up broke by 35 with decision making skills like that.

4. Pitts just dropped 52 points on Carolina WITHOUT him. Evidently, his services weren't THAT imperative to them finding a way to succeed. LOL!

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Didn't Pittsburgh eventually offer him a pretty solid contract extension?

2. Does anyone actually believe this dude is going to find a way to ultimately make more money than he would have had he just accepted the new contract offer by Pitts by forcing his way out of town?

3. He's 26 with 5 years of NFL miles RB racked up on his odometer already. He may be good, but legendarily freakish physical abilities to overcome all odds, Adrian Peterson style he is not. The guy should have taken the pay day if it was a reasonably fair offer and been counting his blessing to be paid millions upon millions of dollars for a few years of playing football. I'm willing to bet he's out of the league shortly after he his 30 like the vast majority of NFL RB's and ends up broke by 35 with decision making skills like that.

4. Pitts just dropped 52 points on Carolina WITHOUT him. Evidently, his services weren't THAT imperative to them finding a way to succeed. LOL!
Pittsburgh offered him 1 more year of guaranteed money but it was tied to him accepting 3 years of non-guaranteed money at far less than he was getting now. It was a really crappy offer.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh offered him 1 more year of guaranteed money but it was tied to him accepting 3 years of non-guaranteed money at far less than he was getting now. It was a really crappy offer.

Get it right if you're going there.

PIT standard operating procedure on ALL contracts of note...

Signing bonus + 1st yr of the new deal is the guarantee....the low reports were $27 mil. the high reports was $30 mil guaranteed. But there were no roster bonuses to my knowledge.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Signing bonus + 1st yr of the new deal is the guarantee....the low reports were $27 mil. the high reports was $30 mil guaranteed. But there were no roster bonuses to my knowledge.

Well I applaud the Steelers for holding firm against long term guarantees. Not handing out those guarantees is one of things I like about the NFL. However the NFL is going more and more to giving out longer guarantees. RBs like Barkley, Elliott, Fournette and Mccaffrey have fully guaranteed contracts. QBs are getting huge guarantees and it is trickling down to other positions. Aaron Donald got 50 million guaranteed.
Looks like this will work out fine for the Steelers, not sure I can say the same for Bell. However that's how it goes when your employer is a hard liner about contracts and guarantees and have you by the balls. So while I applaud holding the line, I cringe at the PR claiming how generous and fair they are, because they aren't. I would much rather they just own their stance on guarantees then put out deceptive info to try paint their offers as much more fair then they actually are to players vs the market.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karma will come back to bite the Steelers here when Conner can't handle the load all 19 weeks like they want him to.

Conner has been performing so well that when it comes time to pay Conner the Steelers will screw him too.

No one wants to be drafted by the Steelers anymore.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I applaud the Steelers for holding firm against long term guarantees. Not handing out those guarantees is one of things I like about the NFL. However the NFL is going more and more to giving out longer guarantees. RBs like Barkley, Elliott, Fournette and Mccaffrey have fully guaranteed contracts. QBs are getting huge guarantees and it is trickling down to other positions. Aaron Donald got 50 million guaranteed.
Looks like this will work out fine for the Steelers, not sure I can say the same for Bell. However that's how it goes when your employer is a hard liner about contracts and guarantees and have you by the balls. So while I applaud holding the line, I cringe at the PR claiming how generous and fair they are, because they aren't. I would much rather they just own their stance on guarantees then put out deceptive info to try paint their offers as much more fair then they actually are to players vs the market.

To be honest...for a long time (20+ yrs) I hated fully guaranteed contracts in MLB and the NBA and more or less used that as the reason for the downfall (in my mind) of those sports...well both MLB and the NBA are still standing and so are the guaranteed contracts.

Today, I've basically done a 180...while I think the ability to waive players has kept the NFL a very competitive league, but the across the board salaries in the NFL have lagged behind the other major sports while the NFL continues to boast record profits. I’m a small business person so I can appreciate a business making a profit, but I'm all for the players making the cash because I know the owners are making plenty.

PIT has rarely ever had the best FA player at a given position, but they have always paid their top players market rate but never the highest in the league. They offered Bell the highest contract for a RB (at that time). If he had signed it, just like these QBs, being the highest paid was never going to last forever, Gurley was behind him, Zeke, now Barkley.

Own their MO…I'm thinking that PIT has done just that, and it's worked pretty well for most of the current star players even Ben. If they were so unfair, they wouldn't be retaining AB, or Ben , or Heyward, or any of their other star players...so on that I call BS.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell coming back would ruin the flow of the team right now. Keep him as far away as possible!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karma will come back to bite the Steelers here when Conner can't handle the load all 19 weeks like they want him to.

Conner has been performing so well that when it comes time to pay Conner the Steelers will screw him too.

No one wants to be drafted by the Steelers anymore.

That post was so full of shit that even you had to be laughing under your breath as you typed it.

The Steelers are ALWAYS at the top of the cap spenders yr in yr out.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off. Mark Madden still being alive gives me faith that THERE IS NO GOD.

2nd. Steelers fans. Welcome. Us Seahawks fans had to deal with this ALL FUCKING SUMMER

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sauce?
Doubtful claim.

EN...you're a known Steeler hater and that's cool, but I'm not going to dance with you on this one...the Steelers have been juggling the cap and restructuring guys for far too long to need to prove something to a hater.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/7/19/17581414/analyzing-the-reported-rejected-contract-offer-from-the-steelers-to-leveon-bell-franchise-tag-news

Rather than a 1 year Franchise tag of $14.5M fully guaranteed the Steelers are believed to have offered:

2018: $22M fully guaranteed
2019: $11M guaranteed
2020: $12M no guarantee
2021: $12.5M no guarantee
2022: $12.5M no guarantee

...so effectively they offered him 1 more year of guaranteed money worth $18.5M but he had to accept a further 3 years not guaranteed and at a lower figure. I stand by my post. As you point out $33M is a high-end estimate of the guarantees. Most sites estimated the 1st 2 years to be lower than that.