• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Bears vs Eagles

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point....However I think your analysis was incorrect and of course opinions vary. The defense had Cutler under duress all night. Things like that cause QB's to make poor decisions. There isn't a QB in the NFL that will not make huge mistakes if under duress all game long. The defense destroyed the Bears offense....not saying that is something to completely brag about. I don't think the Bears had a good offense anyway.

There may be some homerism in this but I personally think that Wentz played brilliantly last night. I make that assessment based on where he should be as a QB. He is a Rookie that came from a Division II college and missed the entire pre-season. He went into a hostile Soldier Field and picked apart the defense. He recognized blitzes quickly and made a lot of decisions and calls that you normally only see from seasoned veterans.

Things are now about to get real for Wentz. I don't think he Bears disguised their blitzes and that bit them in the ass. The Steelers with 2 game tapes to look at and a far superior defense than the Bears is going to give Wentz fits. They now know (as the rest of the NFL does now) that you are not going to beat him with straight blitzes. The Steelers are going to disguise their blitzes in hopes to confuse him. It is going to be a good learning experience for Wents and probaly painful one as well.

I didn't really offer much analysis...I thought the pick was a bad throw by Cutler...even if he was under some pressure. I gave Wentz credit for making some plays, but still think turning the ball over 3 times at home is imploding.

I was wrong, but I felt CLE made a good move taking RG3 as a stop gap, but also thought CLE should have taken Wentz or reached higher for a QB. While I hope he plays like shit this week, I have zero issues with Wentz or the Eagles for that matter.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point....However I think your analysis was incorrect and of course opinions vary. The defense had Cutler under duress all night. Things like that cause QB's to make poor decisions. There isn't a QB in the NFL that will not make huge mistakes if under duress all game long. The defense destroyed the Bears offense....not saying that is something to completely brag about. I don't think the Bears had a good offense anyway.

There may be some homerism in this but I personally think that Wentz played brilliantly last night. I make that assessment based on where he should be as a QB. He is a Rookie that came from a Division II college and missed the entire pre-season. He went into a hostile Soldier Field and picked apart the defense. He recognized blitzes quickly and made a lot of decisions and calls that you normally only see from seasoned veterans.

Things are now about to get real for Wentz. I don't think he Bears disguised their blitzes and that bit them in the ass. The Steelers with 2 game tapes to look at and a far superior defense than the Bears is going to give Wentz fits. They now know (as the rest of the NFL does now) that you are not going to beat him with straight blitzes. The Steelers are going to disguise their blitzes in hopes to confuse him. It is going to be a good learning experience for Wents and probaly painful one as well.

On the Steelers...they have a young secondary and I suppose because of that Butler has been very cautious blitzing overall...he has chosen to rush 4 mostly sometimes 3 and try to keep the play in front of them. They have been great on D in the RZ and pretty good on 3rd down.

Maybe they change up some this week, but only one sack has a lot of us wondering when they will bring the heat.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain why they'd go for it on 4th down up 15. Terrible coaching decision.

Because you don't just bat teams around like a kitten you fucking crush them like a lion. If we failed to score and the D gets in there on the 1/2 yard line we're probably getting two points and the ball back. At the very least we're kicking a FG after they punt. Have huge balls and then hang them out for everyone to see.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was better as a Viking. The Eagles really stunk in that era. I think Sonny is in the HoF, Norm couldn't get in unless he buys a ticket.
both teams sucked in that era, I liked Timmy Brown when I was a kid, my Dad couldn't understand that.

I think Sonny is the only HOF QB without starting and winning a playoff game.

oh well....I thought Dandy Don was a better passer than both....cowboy homer for sure

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Cutler? Haven't been watching. Did he pull his vagina when he threw that InT?

Eagles beat the fuck out of QBs. Steelers should be worried and get Mettenberger ready.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just reeks of jealousy. No one is screaming SUPER BOWL. Any Eagle fan will tell you this isn't a playoff team. But the young QB is the story. Not stomping your feet crying that they played two bad teams. Epitome of a hater troll post.

It's a playoff team.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain why they'd go for it on 4th down up 15. Terrible coaching decision.

IIRC the kicker had an issue with is plant leg. Looks like he was pulled a hammy based on his reaction. I think they went for it because they wanted to limit the kicks which was odd to be honest because he still kicked extra points. He also figured that they were deep in Bears territory. The defense has been destroying them and not making it forced them to drive the entire length of the field. A lot of coaches would make the same call.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OR...they could be like Dallas last year with regards to number of wins. hell, Dallas could be Dallas last year for all I know.

Lets play a few more weeks and I bet things get a little clearer.

I think the Eagles are coached way better. I had high expectations from Doug and his staff and they have delivered. Great coaching has staying power throughout the year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC the kicker had an issue with is plant leg. Looks like he was pulled a hammy based on his reaction. I think they went for it because they wanted to limit the kicks which was odd to be honest because he still kicked extra points. He also figured that they were deep in Bears territory. The defense has been destroying them and not making it forced them to drive the entire length of the field. A lot of coaches would make the same call.

And the extra point was longer than that FG would have been. Doug went for it because he has balls and he thought his team would get it. And also he wasn't worried about giving the Bears the ball at their half yard line down 15.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both teams sucked in that era, I liked Timmy Brown when I was a kid, my Dad couldn't understand that.

I think Sonny is the only HOF QB without starting and winning a playoff game.

oh well....I thought Dandy Don was a better passer than both....cowboy homer for sure
I loved MNF when Dandy Don was on.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the extra point was longer than that FG would have been. Doug went for it because he has balls and he thought his team would get it. And also he wasn't worried about giving the Bears the ball at their half yard line down 15.

I get your point. If they dont make it the Bears have to travel 99 yards. But you take the chip shot FG and go up 3 scores. With that amount of time left it would have been impossible for Chicago to score 3 times. They were up 15 which is two scores. Kick the easy FG and they games 100% over. If Chicago finds away to score they are down only 7 or 8 with time on the clock. At that point of the game theres no difference being up 18 or 22. Chicago didnt have time to score 3 times. Actually, they did stone Philly on 4th but their was a penalty. Coach needs to understand that theres no difference being up 18 or 22. Take the chip shot FG and the 100% chance of winning, not the missed TD route and maybe only having a 95% chance of winning. I like 100% better then 95%.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you don't just bat teams around like a kitten you fucking crush them like a lion. If we failed to score and the D gets in there on the 1/2 yard line we're probably getting two points and the ball back. At the very least we're kicking a FG after they punt. Have huge balls and then hang them out for everyone to see.

The Eagles aren't good enough to be strutting around like they have huge balls either.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles aren't good enough to be strutting around like they have huge balls either.

That's small, pussy thinking. These guys are gonna play best with their balls out.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope none of you Eagle fans were the same who were proclaiming a SB after going undefeated last pre season.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Wentz looked solid. Didn't get the deep passes going but threw a few catchable balls that were bobbled and let the D get them out or just dropped that would have been big. And the most blatant PI noncall lol.

My only complaint really with his play is he should take a long hard look at RGIII's career. Get down, get out of bounds, know when a yard matters and when it doesn't.

As for Cutler, I've been falling on him the past few years. So much talent it's hard not to want to see him succeed. But the INT and the loser limp after did me in on him.