• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Bears vs Eagles

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the real problem but I doubt you man up and admit it. The degree in which you jump down my throat if I have anything negative to say about Dallas is ridiculous. I could say many great deserved things and while trying to be objective I say one negative thing you absolutely crucify me. On the other hand you just go on and on and on about how bad Philly is bur if I call you out then to u have a huge problem. You're completely unable to say one good thing about Philly but if I say 15 positive things about Dallas and one negative you crucify me for just trying to be objective. But you have free license to rip Philly to no end but I should just shut up and take it. It's pretty ridiculous. And that's the truth. You can dish it but sure as shit can't take it.
My issue with you is your fucking two faced.
Most posters I fuck with because it's entertainment, with you it's two fold. 1. Entertainment 2. I don't like you.
You have a long history of calling someone a good poster when you agree with them only to turn around and call theme the worse posters ever when you don't.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. He tore up Cleveland's D but he took lot of hits. He's going to see a lot of stuff from Fox and that D that he's never seen before.

He made some plays, but at the end of the day, he got a lot of help from CHI imploding.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
malco gives me the bullshit as if opening up against the Browns and Bears is not a gift. :L
Because after last weeks game against the Browns, everyone was saying how Wentz was going to face a real defense this week. All he did was shred it. If we had receiver who could catch the ball, it would have been worse.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because after last weeks game against the Browns, everyone was saying how Wentz was going to face a real defense this week. All he did was shred it. If we had receiver who could catch the ball, it would have been worse.

You don't think CHI imploded?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the game? The Eagles D absolutely smothered them, and the O played a good game, especially Wentz.
How did they implode?

Not all of it.

The pick was unforced imo...just a terrible pass by Cutler.

That said, 3 turnovers total...are you saying that didn't make it easier for Wentz?...the kid made some plays...you're acting like I said he played like shit.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all of it.

The pick was unforced imo...just a terrible pass by Cutler.

That said, 3 turnovers total...are you saying that didn't make it easier for Wentz?...the kid made some plays...you're acting like I said he played like shit.
You admit you did not watch the whole game yet you say they imploded. I watched the whole game and did not see them implode. I saw one team play much better than the other team at their home, on the biggest stage of the NFL week.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You admit you did not watch the whole game yet you say they imploded. I watched the whole game and did not see them implode. I saw one team play much better than the other team at their home, on the biggest stage of the NFL week.

I get this was your team, but WTF...if 3 turnovers at home is not imploding...what is it?

The Eagles beat a weak CHI team at home...thoroughly!! Is that better?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made some plays, but at the end of the day, he got a lot of help from CHI imploding.

Did you even watch the game? I am not saying Wentz is bound for the HOF. However he played a fantastic game against a team a lot of people said he would struggle against. If we are going to argue semantics his receivers let a few get away as well. One perfect TD pass and Agholar dropped a ball that while slightly underthrown hit him right and the hands and he just dropped it.

The Bears did not implode.....they Eagles defense beat the crap out of them. Should give credit where it is due.

And for the record I expect Wentz to struggle a good bit against the Steelers.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you even watch the game? I am not saying Wentz is bound for the HOF. However he played a fantastic game against a team a lot of people said he would struggle against. If we are going to argue semantics his receivers let a few get away as well. One perfect TD pass and Agholar dropped a ball that while slightly underthrown hit him right and the hands and he just dropped it.

The Bears did not implode.....they Eagles defense beat the crap out of them. Should give credit where it is due.

And for the record I expect Wentz to struggle a good bit against the Steelers.

Read a little further man...I have no axe to grind here.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Wentz looked solid. Aside from stats, he showed great poise and good decision making. He didn't look like a rookie. 21-30 for 190 yards with a TD are not eye popping numbers but he was efficient.

However - Anyone who said Wentz is going to face a real defense this week is crazy. The Bears won 5 or 6 games last year with a defense that was below average. Last week they gave up 23 points to the Texans who are not an offensive team. If anything, you're defense was the biggest contributor to this victory not Wentz or the offense. Putting up 280 yards is far from shredding a defense.

Opening up against the Browns and the Bears is probably the easiest first 2 games for any team in the league. That was my point. With that said, the Eagles took full advantage of it and won both games in impressive fashion.

There is really nothing to debate.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a little further man...I have no axe to grind here.

I see your point....However I think your analysis was incorrect and of course opinions vary. The defense had Cutler under duress all night. Things like that cause QB's to make poor decisions. There isn't a QB in the NFL that will not make huge mistakes if under duress all game long. The defense destroyed the Bears offense....not saying that is something to completely brag about. I don't think the Bears had a good offense anyway.

There may be some homerism in this but I personally think that Wentz played brilliantly last night. I make that assessment based on where he should be as a QB. He is a Rookie that came from a Division II college and missed the entire pre-season. He went into a hostile Soldier Field and picked apart the defense. He recognized blitzes quickly and made a lot of decisions and calls that you normally only see from seasoned veterans.

Things are now about to get real for Wentz. I don't think he Bears disguised their blitzes and that bit them in the ass. The Steelers with 2 game tapes to look at and a far superior defense than the Bears is going to give Wentz fits. They now know (as the rest of the NFL does now) that you are not going to beat him with straight blitzes. The Steelers are going to disguise their blitzes in hopes to confuse him. It is going to be a good learning experience for Wents and probaly painful one as well.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon....you guys should be 10 ft off the ground today but really? ESPN MNF?
I was considering that, but I thought:
1. Almost everyone gets ESPN, especially sports fans
2. I have heard players say that it is the big stage because most other players watch those games, especially within the division.
3. All the other players and fans of other teams can watch the two teams that night.

I am very encouraged with Wentz, but I have also, seen Norm Snead, Mike Boryla, John Reeves, Rick Arrington, Bobby Hoying, Pete Liske and others (too many to remember or list) get annointed saviors in the course of my lifetime.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't look like a rookie. 21-30 for 190 yards with a TD are not eye popping numbers but he was efficient.

When you look at the numbers you are absolutely correct. However Wentz played much better than the stats. He had a perfect TD pass dropped and another deep ball dropped as well. The deep ball to Agholar was slightly underthrown but he flat out dropped it. Make those 2 catches we are looking at another near 300 yard game and 2 TD's . He does not underthrow that ball and we are looking at over 300 yards and 3 TD's

I know it is semantics but it may slightly change the perspective.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was considering that, but I thought:
1. Almost everyone gets ESPN, especially sports fans
2. I have heard players say that it is the big stage because most other players watch those games, especially within the division.
3. All the other players and fans of other teams can watch the two teams that night.

I am very encouraged with Wentz, but I have also, seen Norm Snead, Mike Boryla, John Reeves, Rick Arrington, Bobby Hoying, Pete Liske and others (too many to remember or list) get annointed saviors in the course of my lifetime.
good points.... but Norm Snead? He was a much better QB than the other guys. Historically, Sonny was a little better I guess, but I always thought that trade was a near draw

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good points.... but Norm Snead? He was a much better QB than the other guys. Historically, Sonny was a little better I guess, but I always thought that trade was a near draw
I thought he was better as a Viking. The Eagles really stunk in that era. I think Sonny is in the HoF, Norm couldn't get in unless he buys a ticket.