• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears trade no.1

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but what are you doing behind fields? signing another 10 million dollar sounding board? Fields is half way thru the decision timeline of the fifth year option and has not shown enough to be the next 50 million dollar quarterback. You want to baby him and give him no competition or do you want someone good enough to replace him because you know he is going to miss games. Another 2500 yard season and Mooney and Claypool deciding they can get at least 800 somewhere else means you are basically starting from scratch. Are you going to tag one of them and dish out 20? At that time you are going to think maybe we should have taking Richardson, put a package in like New Orleans did for Hill because everyone knows Richardson needs two years in development. Then your offense does not have to completely change to a statue in the QB position.

Baby him or force him to compete? Man I hate these donning a QB a franchise guy out of the draft. Seems there is no way around it. But part of why I think Poles went with this deal was because he did not want to go from 1 to 4 and then 4 to 9, so I dont see him dropping more. The only no brainer is if the bears were offered Payne and 16 for 9, but he is locked up for 22.5 a season and I do not think he can be moved now. You still have a chance next year with Carolinas pick, but you gotta think the bears pick will be in the teens.

I mean...This post acts as if backup QB isn't an issue for ALL NFL teams. Yes, Fields may get injured...Yes...We need a reasonable backup QB. We may draft one in the later rounds, who knows?

We'll have two first rounders next year. So if Fields busts out, we'll trade up if we need a QB and neither of our picks is high enough to get "our guy." Fields stepping up, just like Trubisky before him, is the best option. Nothing different happening here than any other QB needy team.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure who our back up is,is it still Semian......??

And if JF doesnt fit as that franchise qb we have been wanting,I do believe we move on from him.......

They just added Moore and we all know we will get top notch olineman coming very soon........Its a make or break year for him........

No way do we keep him with 2 no.1s next season.........Caleb Williams from reports Ive read is better than any qb this season........

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure who our back up is,is it still Semian......??

And if JF doesnt fit as that franchise qb we have been wanting,I do believe we move on from him.......

They just added Moore and we all know we will get top notch olineman coming very soon........Its a make or break year for him........

No way do we keep him with 2 no.1s next season.........Caleb Williams from reports Ive read is better than any qb this season........
whole point is having a plan and seeing if the no competition last year is the proper way to continue his development this year. I mentioned Richardson, but if they consider moving on from Fields, you wonder if they want to keep the same type of QB or not. I would be all in on using one of the later picks for a QB this year, look what Mr Irrelevant did for the niners this year.

So far looks like 2 linebackers edmunds and edwards and sniffing McGlitchery from San Fran. If they grab another tackle in free agency, I can see them trading down again.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whole point is having a plan and seeing if the no competition last year is the proper way to continue his development this year. I mentioned Richardson, but if they consider moving on from Fields, you wonder if they want to keep the same type of QB or not. I would be all in on using one of the later picks for a QB this year, look what Mr Irrelevant did for the niners this year.

So far looks like 2 linebackers edmunds and edwards and sniffing McGlitchery from San Fran. If they grab another tackle in free agency, I can see them trading down again.

If JF is gonba be the guy we all hope,Im good with keeping Semian.......
They wont draft qb this year,especially being the top two qbs for next could be in our reach if JF us not the guy.........

I think theyll trade up a bit myself......but hey,you never know whats gonna happen......

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s looking like DL and OL in the draft. Which is what I preferred all along.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im thinking everyone has preferred the trenches for the draft......me,more for the offensive side

But we will see what happens rest of the week.....still a few more decent trench players left out there.......
I think theres still enough money left to sign 2 more of them.........

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking everyone has preferred the trenches for the draft......me,more for the offensive side

But we will see what happens rest of the week.....still a few more decent trench players left out there.......
I think theres still enough money left to sign 2 more of them.........
This is pretty exciting.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty exciting.

Definetley the most exciting I can ever remember......I come back every few minutes just to see any signings....lovin it.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definetley the most exciting I can ever remember......I come back every few minutes just to see any signings....lovin it.
If they sign Orlando Brown Jr. Makes the draft pretty easy. Load up on defense.

Unless they go Bijan Robinson. Which would be a disaster. Having said that however the kid looks phenomenal on tape.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they sign Orlando Brown Jr. Makes the draft pretty easy. Load up on defense.

Unless they go Bijan Robinson. Which would be a disaster. Having said that however the kid looks phenomenal on tape.

Robinson in my opinion would be great,but theres a few def lineman thst would also be great for the taking.....

If the Bears take def with the no.9 pick,I like the idea of trading up for Gibbs.......

Im usually like to keep up with our top two picks,then after that,I never care who we draft..........I just always hope they pan out.....

And Orlando Brown,would be a huge addition,butt very very costly,especially seeing what McGlinchey got......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Orlando Brown,would be a huge addition,butt very very costly,especially seeing what McGlinchey got......
I'm having a hard time imagining what it would cost. Maybe something in the neighborhood of $22m per year for 5 years, with 75m guaranteed.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to fill spot 6 with somebody...I doubt they re-sign Pringle or Pettis...Maybe the latter since he's rolled with us, would be in the final spot and would be cheap.
Pettis & Jones returned punts last season. We cant forget about special teams.

You may be right about Jones taking the next progressive step... but Poles might want a player suited for special teams. :noidea:

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked that way, but now he signed a guard, two linebackers and a DT so far, still sniffing McGlitchery in san fran, but he will probably need to be made the top paid tackle in football to leave there. Still going about 20 for the linebackers, but not 5 years.
I am guessing Patrick and Cody are June 1 cuts if he does not finish. Still want to see an upgrade at center, I liked what Patrick was doing those 8 plays before he went out for the year.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard that KC's Mecole Hardman openly stated on social media that he'd love to play for Fields. No doubt the dude can blaze, but not sure how good of a fit he'd be, plus one has to wonder if he'd be Byron Pringle 2.0, another ex-Chief who can't cut it.
Think you answered your own question. If Hardman cant step up in that system, with Mahomes, and after the vacancy left by Tyreek... he wont get miraculously better on the Bears. I dont want him.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an intriguing option. All our talk, all everyone's talk about the Bears trading back has always been with respect to teams wanting a QB. Now sitting at #9, are there other positions besides QB that might interest teams in need enough to seek the Bears #9 slot? Interesting food for thought.
Boom.
Dallas released Elliott.