• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears sign CB Artie Burns (Pittsburgh 2016 1st Round Pick)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year deal.

Artie Burns signs with Bears - ProFootballTalk

Was benched this past season. Seems like a case where there's some talent that never fully panned out for whatever reason.

I still peg Roberson as our CB2 behind Fuller. This should breed more competition, though.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of luck with him. He showed signs of being a highly valued piece of the defense his rookie year, then completely fell off a cliff. Whether or not that's coaching or something mental from him, I honestly can't say, although, none of our other corners has fallen the way he did, so take that for what it's worth. He didn't even really play this past season, and in 2018, in the few moments he was in games, his fundamentals were incredibly poor. If he can get his head right and focus back, he has the tools to be a very good cornerback. If not, he'll just rot on the bench and eventually journeyman off to his next team.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of luck with him. He showed signs of being a highly valued piece of the defense his rookie year, then completely fell off a cliff. Whether or not that's coaching or something mental from him, I honestly can't say, although, none of our other corners has fallen the way he did, so take that for what it's worth. He didn't even really play this past season, and in 2018, in the few moments he was in games, his fundamentals were incredibly poor. If he can get his head right and focus back, he has the tools to be a very good cornerback. If not, he'll just rot on the bench and eventually journeyman off to his next team.

Yeah, I read into him a bit. Front office and staff claim that when things started going poorly he lost his confidence. Which can often be fatal.

Crazy physical tools but never found his stride, is his reputation. Hopefully a fresh start in a good defense does him some good. I don't think he starts immediately but maybe he gets a shot somewhere down the line. There's been guys like him to figure their shit out in their late 20's and become solid players.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We signed safety Jordan Lucas to a one year deal as well, formerly of the chiefs. I guess he's a good special teams player.

Looks like pace is just filling out the bench now. Might as well do it with guys like Burns who have first round talent just need to figure things out. Probably slated to be on the bench to start things off.

Between Fuller and skrine, we're in pretty good shape at 2 of the 3 cornerback positions that matter. I know the staff really likes Duke Shelley too.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year deal.

Artie Burns signs with Bears - ProFootballTalk

Was benched this past season. Seems like a case where there's some talent that never fully panned out for whatever reason.

I still peg Roberson as our CB2 behind Fuller. This should breed more competition, though.
I'm all for stockpiling DB depth, so I like this signing, but I'm with you in that I see Roberson as the starter, or at least going into camp as such.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We signed safety Jordan Lucas to a one year deal as well, formerly of the chiefs. I guess he's a good special teams player.

Looks like pace is just filling out the bench now. Might as well do it with guys like Burns who have first round talent just need to figure things out. Probably slated to be on the bench to start things off.

Between Fuller and skrine, we're in pretty good shape at 2 of the 3 cornerback positions that matter. I know the staff really likes Duke Shelley too.

The problem with Shelley is that he's more of an ideal Nickel at 5'9 170 pounds. He wouldn't be the first undersized corner to succeed on the outside, though. Tim Jennings was 5'8 and weighed roughly that for us.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice cheap/young pick up with a possible nice upside. Good move IMO worth a try.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes really bad. If you get the same guy. He was thought to be a reach, but a "tomlin style" cb in the draft......showed a bit of promise like OBJ said then just boom off a cliff.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes really bad. If you get the same guy. He was thought to be a reach, but a "tomlin style" cb in the draft......showed a bit of promise like OBJ said then just boom off a cliff.

He should be like our 5th CB on the roster behind Fuller, Roberson, Skrine and Shelley. I'm on board with taking a flier on a former first round pick with a good physical skill set when the risk is that low. Hopefully a change of scenery helps him reset mentally. If not, he's gone after the season. Nothing hurt.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be like our 5th CB on the roster behind Fuller, Roberson, Skrine and Shelley. I'm on board with taking a flier on a former first round pick with a good physical skill set when the risk is that low. Hopefully a change of scenery helps him reset mentally. If not, he's gone after the season. Nothing hurt.
im just telling you, if hes on the field be afraid. He will get beat. even if thats twice a game.......he puts you at risk. Obviously if he turns it around, but he got worse each year......

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just telling you, if hes on the field be afraid. He will get beat. even if thats twice a game.......he puts you at risk. Obviously if he turns it around, but he got worse each year......

Fade me as I remember screaming "Who the f*ck is Chris Thompson" while Steve Smith humped our goalpost...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fade me as I remember screaming "Who the f*ck is Chris Thompson" while Steve Smith humped our goalpost...
lol . Hey hopefully he works for you. He wasnt a locker room cancer or anything. Dude was a 1st rounder who was a healthy scratch, he shut up and went to work.........hes a good dude, just wasnt a good player for us.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol . Hey hopefully he works for you. He wasnt a locker room cancer or anything. Dude was a 1st rounder who was a healthy scratch, he shut up and went to work.........hes a good dude, just wasnt a good player for us.

Mitch plays CB now too, eh?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was at that game. F'ing nightmare.