• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Schedule

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate preseason........I never watch it.And I never listen to anything the bearfs brass says either.You know they tell you what you wanna hear,and not the truth.
Wood: I guess you're not that much into football. That's your prerogative. I enjoy any kind football. Preseason pro, even high school. Just want to watch somebody hit somebody unscripted.
As far as Preseason goes I like to see how the newer guys fit in.

C

cubzzzfanincali

So in your eyes, everyone who loves the game of football including watching the preseason is getting carried away with their team? Sorry but I care about the Chicago Bears as a team, not the starting 22 players only. I am going to enjoy watching the backups and seeing what they could produce and watch them grow up. If you arent excited to see Trestmans first series verse a live defense other than our own, then what are you excited about? Basically in my eyes you are a bandwagon fan that only knows and cares about the starters.

Your impression of me is totally irrelevant to me. The issue is not about the 22 starters, since any fool knows that during a typical game most of the roster plays anyway. The issue is that the entire roster is not really playing like they wind up playing in the regular season. Including the "22 starters". It's a glorified practice. No, I don't care. I'm glad you are excited, good for you. I'm not against anyone else's excitement. I simply don't share it. That's because it is basically meaningless.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your impression of me is totally irrelevant to me. The issue is not about the 22 starters, since any fool knows that during a typical game most of the roster plays anyway. The issue is that the entire roster is not really playing like they wind up playing in the regular season. Including the "22 starters". It's a glorified practice. No, I don't care. I'm glad you are excited, good for you. I'm not against anyone else's excitement. I simply don't share it. That's because it is basically meaningless.

If Preseason is so meaningless then why doesnt the NFL get rid of it to prevent injuries?

C

cubzzzfanincali

If Preseason is so meaningless then why doesnt the NFL get rid of it to prevent injuries?

Aside from the fact that in and of itself it is a revenue-generator, I'm not saying teams don't need practice. It isn't an either/or. Not everything has to be exciting to be necessary. Of course they need practice. It's good to try things out and get into game shape. They also need to eat a good diet (I don't care about that either), to stretch before the game (not too excited about that either), and sit in the room for hours watching film (glad they do it but it doesn't excite me).

But what do I know, I'm just a bandwagon fair weather fan.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoy the preseason as I like to watch individual players. I don't pay any attention to the score. Win or lose don't matter. I think the better teams mostly lose in the preseason because they know who their starters are and play the backups more. Anyway preseason football>>>>> no football. While we won't be running real plays we should be running the same type of plays. I wanna see how fast we get the ball out now in this new system.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the fact that in and of itself it is a revenue-generator, I'm not saying teams don't need practice. It isn't an either/or. Not everything has to be exciting to be necessary. Of course they need practice. It's good to try things out and get into game shape. They also need to eat a good diet (I don't care about that either), to stretch before the game (not too excited about that either), and sit in the room for hours watching film (glad they do it but it doesn't excite me).

But what do I know, I'm just a bandwagon fair weather fan.

You mentioned some of the most obvious things that you need to do in football. Eat good, stretch and watch film.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously pre-season is meaningless as far as the results, or as an indicator of the teams' performance ahead.
It is however of great importance to the team and it's coaches for all the reasons that any other step in building a team are important. -To see what you've got, and evaluate what you need to do.
It is paramount in the direction the team takes.
And, yeah, I want to see the first real plays called for this new offense, and then the 2nd and 3rd teamers trying to make or break their careers. -Tell them that "pre-season doesn't matter", and see what kind of responses you get.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fourth game gets to be a little mundane, but as is often talked about, the second and third games are well worth watching.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously pre-season is meaningless as far as the results, or as an indicator of the teams' performance ahead.
It is however of great importance to the team and it's coaches for all the reasons that any other step in building a team are important. -To see what you've got, and evaluate what you need to do.
It is paramount in the direction the team takes.
And, yeah, I want to see the first real plays called for this new offense, and then the 2nd and 3rd teamers trying to make or break their careers. -Tell them that "pre-season doesn't matter", and see what kind of responses you get.

:agree:

C

cubzzzfanincali

OK, would it help you if I stated what I thought I was obvious to any reader and I am more explicit? I don't think preseason is useless. It is meaningless for me to watch or get excited over as a fan. Yes, it has value, great, wonderful, practice, eat, stretch, watch film, screw your girlfriend, whatever. But I don't care about watching it. At all. I might watch some, I might not. If I am bored, and I have nothing better to do, I will watch it. If that doesn't meet your standards of diehardness, fine, sorry I am not meeting your expectations. For me to watch it as a fan is meaningless for me. Totally, completely meaningless. You get something out of it. Great, eat your preseason heart out. God forbid I ever come on here again and offer a value judgment that differs from yours, else I will be forced to care about something that, really, I don't need to see.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no faith in Trestman, not excited for preseason to start and all your comments have a negative vibe to them.... Whats the point of being a Bears fan and posting on this site then?

Trestman?......i don`t know what to expect from the guy....i just hope that he`s gonna be this great coach that you keep boasting about.
If he`s this great qb guru that i have heard about since we got him,then Cutler has no more excuses ever.
We got Cutler his line,wrs and a qb`s coach.Cause to tell you the truth,Cutler has not shown me one thing since he`s been here.And he`s the best qb we`ve had since Luckman?..........Shit,I give Mcmahaon more respect than him.

And whose not excited for preaseason?........Hell that means the NFL is here.......I just hate watching the games.
They are meaningless.
The only thing those games are for are to get playerrs ready for the season,to see what the rookies and newly signed players are capable of in their new system,get players in sync with rest of the team......BORING!!!!

And as far as being a Bear fan,been one since Payton was a rookie in 75.I was 13.............But I`m not sure why i`m telling you this,cause frankly,I don`t give a damn.

Last edited by a moderator:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I`m with noon............Every game I`m excited about,not just one.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember right,the 85 Bears had 0 preseason wins..........Just sayin.

Meaningless.

Even within the past 5 years the Bears had some bad preseasons but a lot better regular seasons. Plus two of the 4 games are mainly for the backups to get their time so its not like they are trying to win. Preseaons wins mean nothing on how the team will play during the season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I`m with noon............Every game I`m excited about,not just one.

Ya every game, I don't wanna miss one play of any game. But if you held a gun to my head I would say the 2 Packer games. We owe them bastards. Plus the second game is the final game and i'm hoping it has special meaning.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason games are like train wrecks... You don't want to watch but you just can't help yourself.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to watch every preseason game.

Same here. I think we can all agree that preseason is nice for seeing some semblance of football( for those that need a "fix"). We know whos starting. Its mostly an assessment of the depth the coach has to work with. Even there, the bulk of playing time in the first few games will come from players that will not make the 53 man roster.
They arent going to run detailed schemes seen in the regular season. The 3rd game comes "closest" to preparation tanatamount to a regular season game. The last game is fun- those on the bubble have nothing to lose and know its there last chance to make the roster or PS. They play hard- there is no choice.

Preseason scores are zero indication of regular season results. Maintaining health is the top priority.

trier33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much do you see the starters playing this Friday? Im guessing one or two series.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much do you see the starters playing this Friday? Im guessing one or two series.

I would say it depends on what happens during their first offensive drive. If they come out with 3 and out and dont get to do much then I would imagine they go another series. If they come out, drive it down the field and look impressive that will probably be it for them. Also all the starters with the nagging injuries probably wont and shouldnt play.