• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Schedule

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which game on the schedule are you most excited to watch? Which game worries you the most?

For me its very simple, I am most excited watch week 1 verse the Bengals for many reasons. It will be the first time we see a new head coach in the past 9 years, First time we have had a legit NFL offense and many new exciting players to watch. The game that worries me the most is week 17 and last game verse the Packers. Thats because once again that game could be the difference between ending the season and going to the playoffs, difference between division winners, etc.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your picks, and your reasoning.
Adding to that, I have a dislike for the Cowboys and the Eagles, and have enjoyed DA BEARS' ownership of those two teams, of late.
I was happy to see them both on the schedule again.
The 1st game against the Pack has to warrant some rating too. -@GB, week nine after our bye week? -hopefully we will be solidified into an offense to be reckoned with, at that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati
Minnesota
At Pittsburgh
At Detroit
New Orleans
NYGiants
At Washington
BYE
At Green Bay
Detroit
Baltimore
At St. Louis
At Minnesota
Dallas
At Cleveland
At Philadelphia
Green Bay

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm most excited about week 1 preseason vs the Panthers. 10 more days. Can't wait for football. Can't wait to see the new O-line and all the new guys playing vs a foe.
I think Cincy will be our toughest foe on the schedule. I really don't think the O will be clicking by week 1. Just think the D & STs are going to have to win that 1.
I am also curious as to how T-man attacks GB week 9. After an extra week to prepare.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm most excited about week 1 preseason vs the Panthers. 10 more days. Can't wait for football. Can't wait to see the new O-line and all the new guys playing vs a foe.
I think Cincy will be our toughest foe on the schedule. I really don't think the O will be clicking by week 1. Just think the D & STs are going to have to win that 1.
I am also curious as to how T-man attacks GB week 9. After an extra week to prepare.

It is crazy to think we will be playing some real football within the next 2 weeks, but with that being said Bushrod needs to gets healthy and really get some reps in so he could start gelling more with his line.

Do you think Trestman is going to come out in the preseason and pull the Lovie Smith move which was they wouldnt show their "offense" until the regular season or do you think he will come out guns blazing and show what he and his playbook are capable of?

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Trestman is going to come out in the preseason and pull the Lovie Smith move which was they wouldnt show their "offense" until the regular season or do you think he will come out guns blazing and show what he and his playbook are capable of?

Keeping things vanilla...Thats pretty much the m.o for all 32 teams. Sure, they want to execute the plays they run, but game planning isnt emphasized. Theres no benefit in showing what you can do in a game that counts for nothing. Players getting used to(something near) full speed contact(and avoiding injury) is the priority.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping things vanilla...Thats pretty much the m.o for all 32 teams. Sure, they want to execute the plays they run, but game planning isnt emphasized. Theres no benefit in showing what you can do in a game that counts for nothing. Players getting used to(something near) full speed contact(and avoiding injury) is the priority.

I do agree with that but I also think they have to practice as much as the playbook as they can in order to learn it and execute it better verse live opponents. Yes game plans will change week to week like I always say if you have an NFL ready offense you should be able to execute it no matter who you are playing. How many times have he Bears faced Rodger but they still cant stop him? It's all about execution for me and not really about disguising what you have.

P.S. Sounds like Cutler is really connecting with his weapons (From what I've read and seen) and loves the targets he has by saying "We've got some big dudes out there"

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate preseason........I never watch it.And I never listen to anything the bearfs brass says either.You know they tell you what you wanna hear,and not the truth.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate preseason........I never watch it.And I never listen to anything the bearfs brass says either.You know they tell you what you wanna hear,and not the truth.

You have no faith in Trestman, not excited for preseason to start and all your comments have a negative vibe to them.... Whats the point of being a Bears fan and posting on this site then?

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DaBearsShowPride... were you a regular on the ESPN board?

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DaBearsShowPride... were you a regular on the ESPN board?

Haha I was! I was the asshole with a billion different usernames because I ripped on the trolls so much that they got me banned almost every day.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is crazy to think we will be playing some real football within the next 2 weeks, but with that being said Bushrod needs to gets healthy and really get some reps in so he could start gelling more with his line.

Really dont' know what to expect. I would guess T-man would want to see what our O has learned. As far as gadget plays I doubt we'll see them. I don't think he has thrown his whloe playbook at them yet eiither.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with DaBearsShowPride... The first game will be very exciting because it IS the first game and we get to see the new-look Bears.

It is very exciting.

C

cubzzzfanincali

You have no faith in Trestman, not excited for preseason to start and all your comments have a negative vibe to them.... Whats the point of being a Bears fan and posting on this site then?

dude, relax. Preaseaon games are meaningless. It has nothing to do with a negative vibe. It is because they are meaningless. It's some practice, it satiates salivating football-starved fans a little.

But preseason games are totally, completely meaningless.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude, relax. Preaseaon games are meaningless. It has nothing to do with a negative vibe. It is because they are meaningless. It's some practice, it satiates salivating football-starved fans a little.

But preseason games are totally, completely meaningless.

Preseason games are totally meaningless hahahahaha. That is all I am going to say to that comment because it was idiotic.

C

cubzzzfanincali

idiotic in what way? It's a widely proven fact that there is zero correlation between preseason and regular season success.

C

cubzzzfanincali

last year, ZERO division winners had winning records in preseason. ZERO.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last year, ZERO division winners had winning records in preseason. ZERO.

The way you play in preseason doesnt dictate the way you will play in the regular season. Preseason allows the organization to look at all the 2's and 3's and evaluate the talent they have on the team. Preseason allows teams to get used to the full game speed again before the regular season. Preseason allows organizations to discover the hidden talent they might have. Teams need preseason to learn how to gel in full game speed because its not the same in practice. Teams dont do full out hitting in practice and need to experience that before the regular season starts. Without preseason the first 3-4 games of the season would look pathetic and like they are still in practice mode.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I agree. Preseason is nice practice. That's fine. It's just practice. It doesn't mean anything, and fans always over-interpret it. Hey, I'm totally stoked for the regular season too, but not enough to get carried away about the preseason. I really don't care that much about preseason games, because it's fairly meaningless as a fan. Most of the inside here's-what-we-are-trying-to-practice stuff is not revealed to us fans...nor should it be....so I see little reason to get carried away by it. But by all means, let your blood pressure rise over the imminent preseason.

Me...I'm saving it.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Preseason is nice practice. That's fine. It's just practice. It doesn't mean anything, and fans always over-interpret it. Hey, I'm totally stoked for the regular season too, but not enough to get carried away about the preseason. I really don't care that much about preseason games, because it's fairly meaningless as a fan. Most of the inside here's-what-we-are-trying-to-practice stuff is not revealed to us fans...nor should it be....so I see little reason to get carried away by it. But by all means, let your blood pressure rise over the imminent preseason.

Me...I'm saving it.

So in your eyes, everyone who loves the game of football including watching the preseason is getting carried away with their team? Sorry but I care about the Chicago Bears as a team, not the starting 22 players only. I am going to enjoy watching the backups and seeing what they could produce and watch them grow up. If you arent excited to see Trestmans first series verse a live defense other than our own, then what are you excited about? Basically in my eyes you are a bandwagon fan that only knows and cares about the starters.