• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears new TE Jimmy Graham

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will. We need a legit TE. We don't have one starting caliber TE.

The roster has 9 TE's under contract heading into camp. I don't think that's going to happen. Plus, TE's don't usually contribute much in their rookie season.

If Burton just posts a duplicate of his 2018 season. Suddenly the position is easily the best it has been in a while. Burton and Graham could easily combine for a 1,000 yards and 8-10 TD's. It's not even asking for all that much out of each of them.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the eww?

He's a bad TE with a prima donna attitude that struggles to stay healthy. Versus Graham who is always healthy outside of the major knee injury.

I don't think much of Ebron's big TD year. He scored as many TD's that year as he has in his entire career. That screams "fluke". Outside of that strange spike in TD's he's just been bad. Last year he posted 31 catches for 375 yards and 3 TD's while missing the last 5 games of the season.

He's been a perpetual underachiever and a perpetual headache. He adores mental lapses, not blocking and dropping footballs.

Each place he has left - the organization is happy that he's gone. Both the Lions and Colts had FO guys or HC's speak out against him and his work ethic/attitude after his departure.

Just... keep that guy out of here. Like everyone, I don't love the Graham signing. However, I'll take him over Ebron.

Ebron has all of the raw talent in the world and is still pretty young. There's a reason it took all week for him to find a landing spot and a reason it only cost Pittsburgh 2/12.

*End of Ebron rant*

Graham and a 2018 version of Burton is actually a solid TE duo. Graham probably has a bit more left than his GB numbers would indicate too. Like every TE they've tried to bring in - he was under utilized. Only 60 targets this past year.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham is well past his prime. Only 5 TD receptions in the past two seasons.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham is well past his prime. Only 5 TD receptions in the past two seasons.

Better than Ebron who never had a prime. He's coming off of a 31 catch 375 yard 1 TD season.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than Ebron who never had a prime. He's coming off of a 31 catch 375 yard 1 TD season.
The year before with Andrew Luck he caught 66 passes with 13 TD receptions.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year before with Andrew Luck he caught 66 passes with 13 TD receptions.

I already touched on this above. Ebron catching as many TD's in one season as he has in his entire career screams "fluke". He regressed hard to the mean this past year. That one spike TD year is the only thing on his resume that isn't garbage.

And if we're going back... two years ago Graham had a real good season in Seattle.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already touched on this above. Ebron catching as many TD's in one season as he has in his entire career screams "fluke". He regressed hard to the mean this past year. That one spike TD year is the only thing on his resume that isn't garbage.

And if we're going back... two years ago Graham had a real good season in Seattle.
Ebron is 26 and Graham is 33. Ebron has more upside.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron is 26 and Graham is 33. Ebron has more upside.

Ebron's whole existence in the NFL is predicated on upside that has never come to fruition because he's a lazy POS. Each coaching staff/FO has talked shit about his work ethic after he left. Mental lapses, drops, injuries, refusing to block, etc.

Give me the older guy who isn't a POS and has had tangible success. They don't need Graham to turn the clock back. All they need is for him to post 50-55 catches for 550-600 yards and be good in the red zone. Him and Burton could easily combine for a real nice stat line from the TE group.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron's whole existence in the NFL is predicated on upside that has never come to fruition because he's a lazy POS. Each coaching staff/FO has talked shit about his work ethic after he left. Mental lapses, drops, injuries, refusing to block, etc.

Give me the older guy who isn't a POS and has had tangible success. They don't need Graham to turn the clock back. All they need is for him to post 50-55 catches for 550-600 yards and be good in the red zone. Him and Burton could easily combine for a real nice stat line from the TE group.
Graham was terrible in the red zone the past two seasons.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham was terrible in the red zone the past two seasons.

Ebron has always been terrible at everything, period. Outside of one fluke season.

Again, GB has underutilized every TE they've ever brought in over the past decade. Cook, Bennett and Graham. Graham was efficient with the targets he had.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron has always been terrible at everything, period. Outside of one fluke season.

Again, GB has underutilized every TE they've ever brought in over the past decade. Cook, Bennett and Graham. Graham was efficient with the targets he had.
I mean...that one fluke season, he was pretty much the best TE in the game tho.

I would think he would fall in between there. He is not hot garbage, but he's not the best in the league tho either.

I'd rather have Ebron, personally. I don't know all the inside scoops of his character, but people grow up.

Reactions: GNG

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...that one fluke season, he was pretty much the best TE in the game tho.

I would think he would fall in between there. He is not hot garbage, but he's not the best in the league tho either.

I'd rather have Ebron, personally. I don't know all the inside scoops of his character, but people grow up.

The talks about his character are as recent as a couple months ago after the 19 season with Indy. This is who he is, right now. A dip shit.

Best TE in the game? Why? Because he caught a bunch of TD's? He still blocked like a dip shit and was hardly anything special in terms of yardage. It was just the first half of the season with a crazy TD spike that he will never dream of duplicating.

All he's ever done is have a lot of TD's in one major outlier season. He wasn't actually all that good. The offense just funneled him targets in that area. He's never been good in the red zone.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talks about his character are as recent as a couple months ago after the 19 season with Indy. This is who he is, right now. A dip shit.

Best TE in the game? Why? Because he caught a bunch of TD's? He still blocked like a dip shit and was hardly anything special in terms of yardage. It was just the first half of the season with a crazy TD spike that he will never dream of duplicating.

All he's ever done is have a lot of TD's in one major outlier season. He wasn't actually all that good. The offense just funneled him targets in that area. He's never been good in the red zone.

I'm not really looking to argue. I'd rather have Ebron. Particularly when you add in Graham's contract.

You don't need to respond. I don't care.

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham was seldom open and when he was open he'd drop too many passes.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham was seldom open and when he was open he'd drop too many passes.
I watched him in Seattle and he dropped passes regularly. I was shocked GB signed him because his play was sub-par. I am not thrilled the Bears signed him but it comes as no surprise.