• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears new TE Jimmy Graham

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say a guy was ever forced the ball unnecessarily when his catch% and yards per reception/target were incredibly high in NO. He was quite prolific.
I'm saying Drew Brees inflated those numbers. He was Brees's #1 receiver. He had 85 receptions every year he started in New Orleans and has never been over 65 receptions without him.

And he can't do jack besides be a big WR.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying Drew Brees inflated those numbers. He had 85 receptions every year he started in New Orleans and has never been over 65 receptions without him.

BDN will make him a pro bowler. And then BDN will beat the Eagles in the playoffs. Get ready.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BDN will make him a pro bowler. And then BDN will beat the Eagles in the playoffs. Get ready.
Wouldn't that be some shit.

The 18-0 Eagles getting beat at home in the NFC Championship game by the 11-8 Bears.:D

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying Drew Brees inflated those numbers. He was Brees's #1 receiver. He had 85 receptions every year he started in New Orleans and has never been over 65 receptions without him.

Brees has thrown A LOT of guys a large compliment of passes who haven't posted the numbers/efficiency Graham did.

He tore his patellar tendon in his knee fairly quickly in Seattle. Which is worse than an ACL tear. So, of course he lost his game breaking 4.5 speed, which is FLYING for a TE of his stature. It's really, really hard to watch film of that guy in NO and ignore how f'n great he was. The separation he got, the physicality, etc.

His last two years in Seattle (17/18) he made two pro bowls. Led the NFL in receiving yardage among TE's in 2016 and led the NFL in TD's among TE's in 2017.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My argument is if Graham couldn't flourish under Aaron Rodgers, who always appreciated and rewarded a good receiving TE, what kind of positive impact could he possibly have on our team. Still, having said this, I always take the view that once a player becomes a Bear, we should get behind him and hope he can produce. So while I was not happy with the signing, I'm willing to give the guy a chance and will be pulling for him.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Pace but i have no idea what he was thinking here.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My argument is if Graham couldn't flourish under Aaron Rodgers, who always appreciated and rewarded a good receiving TE, what kind of positive impact could he possibly have on our team. Still, having said this, I always take the view that once a player becomes a Bear, we should get behind him and hope he can produce. So while I was not happy with the signing, I'm willing to give the guy a chance and will be pulling for him.

Never has a single TE flourished under Aaron Rodgers. That team has constantly brought in big names only to have them fail - either right after playing great for another team or before they succeed elsewhere.

Jared Cook. Biggest TE on the market, big contract.... bust in GB. Goes to Oakland, plays great. Another big contract with NO and has been fantastic. Is still fantastic in NO.

Martellus Bennett. Fills void after Gronk season ending injury in 2016. Plays large role in winning the Super Bowl. Big contract, big name on market... GB signs him and...? He's so ineffective that he's traded mid-season back to NE.

Now, Jimmy Graham. Another guy people think is done after Green Bay. Despite the fact that his numbers last year suggest he played well but was merely underutilized. Goes to Chicago... and?

This isn't to mention that each TE drafted under Rodgers (Quarless and Richard Rodgers) have failed to evolve into solid contributors.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only had one season with the drops in Seattle. He was a pro bowler each of his last two seasons in Seattle. He caught 10 TD's his last year (2017) in Seattle which led all TE's. In 2016 he was 3rd in receiving among TE's behind only Olsen and Kelce.

Definitely not sub-par.
I can't tell you how many games were blown because he missed catches while in Seattle, but his play wasn't what it was in NO, not even close. So yeah, sub-par. Plus, the fucker can't block consistently. The only reason he was even considered a pro-bowl TE was due to his past play, as always occurs in the NFL. This guy is past his prime and this was a stupid pick-up by the Bears.