• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears looking to trade Earl Bennett

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess Trestman hasn't been all that impressed with Bennett. Adam Schefter just reported that the Bears have been shopping Earl Bennett in multiple trade talks.

I'm not sure if we're just looking to get a draft pick for him before we cut him, or if we're actually looking for a player in return.

I like Bennett... and I think he can have a really good year if he stays healthy. Him and Cutler really seem to click when he's on the field consistently.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett does not fit Emery's physical mold he likes, but with questions about BM's health this makes no sense. Or it's good and means BM is fine.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted awhile back about my concern for Bennett's health regarding multiple concussions. With the league's stringent new policies on multiple concussions and the multitude of tests they have to go through, there is a possibility he's not going to get back on the field soon.

That is the only thing that makes sense to me, as he's a reliable slot receiver and 3rd down receiver.

With Marshall's hip injury declared to be nagging, this strikes me as risky. Maybe someone else will step up. Seems risky, with a higher probability of being a bad idea than a good one.

C

cubzzzfanincali

there's another couple of possibilities. One, Emery seems - in my puny mind - to have a bias against the players left over from before he arrived. That's natural, normal, and his right to deal with as GM. Earl Bennett is an easy guy for him to get rid of in exchange for guys he chooses from other teams or draft picks.

There's a second possibility, one that I am sure I am going to draw hell for even bringing up. Emery may realize this is not (yet?) a Super Bowl caliber team. He obviously can't say something like that directly to the fanbase...they'd want to lynch him. But he might recognize that this team is still a few spokes short of a full wheel. Maybe he figures that he can deal Bennett, get max value for him, and stock up for the future, and let some of the young guys who have impressed Trestman get a shot.

It's possible.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A third possibility Cali is, Emery knows we signed him for way to much money and he is not a good bang for our buck. If he was a bargain there would be none of this talk. He is eating up to much cap and always hurt. I for one will be happy when he is gone. It's not that I don't like him but I don't like him for the money he gets.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Pompei's insider , said that the trade rumors were false.
Guess it comes down , to who you beleive. ESPN or Dan. I'll go w/ Dan.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade rumors about Earl Bennett are false because as long as Bennett is injured (concussed) no team will want him.

I'm thinking the Bears have an injury buyout for Bennett. You can't cut a player if he is injured, so a buyout is the way to go. Plus the Bears save most of the $2million + he would be making for a guy who can't stay on the field.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<--------USG... Just in case you didn't know or couldn't tell.

Oh, lol... gotcha. I was wondering which PSR guy it was. Good to see ya at SportsHoopla.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, lol... gotcha. I was wondering which PSR guy it was. Good to see ya at SportsHoopla.

Yeah, I am done with that site. Too many trolls. That is all it is......

By the way, are you still doing DWEFFL? We already had the draft.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not miss the endless Vandy talks when Bennett was a freshman and Jay was a star quarterback. I always wondered if he ever even knew who he was.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am done with that site. Too many trolls. That is all it is......

By the way, are you still doing DWEFFL? We already had the draft.

Yeah, it's definitely over run with trolls. Osi runs wild. It's really getting obnoxious. I might get out of there soon as well.

And yeah, I'm in it. lol, I'm actually going to make an effort this year as well. Despite the fact that I couldn't make the draft.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong thread

Last edited by a moderator: