• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Game Notes

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the status is uncertain a day before the game he needs to sit. Make it a battle of the backups.

Harbaugh's gamesmanship? I know you can't effect the doctor's diagnoses (without flat out lying by Smith) and I'm sure his condition isn't as good as it was prior to the Rams game, but can they effect the timing of the test? Is there a standard for timing? The fact that he could be cleared hours before the game sounds like there isn't. He's practicing as if he's starting, so if it's THAT uncertain, I'd think Kaepernick would be getting more than "a little more" reps, at least if it were really hours before the game.

And this report is from two days before the game (but if he is cleared hours before tomorrow's game or not good today, then your point stands).

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harbaugh's gamesmanship? I know you can't effect the doctor's diagnoses (without flat out lying by Smith) and I'm sure his condition isn't as good as it was prior to the Rams game, but can they effect the timing of the test? Is there a standard for timing? The fact that he could be cleared hours before the game sounds like there isn't. He's practicing as if he's starting, so if it's THAT uncertain, I'd think Kaepernick would be getting more than "a little more" reps, at least if it were really hours before the game.

And this report is from two days before the game (but if he is cleared hours before tomorrow's game or not good today, then your point stands).

I always thought the final test comes as close to gametime as possible unless the player recovers very rapidly.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought the final test comes as close to gametime as possible unless the player recovers very rapidly.

Thanks, so this may not actually mean anything about Smith's condition other than he didn't recover very rapidly. The Niners could think Smith is good enough medically, but without checking they don't have to let the Bears know.

Bear with me on this analogy, as it isn't perfect. It's like a pregnancy test, whether or not your girl is pregnant in fact, if you check too early, it may show negative, but you're not in the clear. If you only have one test, take it later to get the more accurate result. Here, if the result isn't clear, the Niners have a benefit in waiting, assuming they prepare Kaepernick.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks, so this may not actually mean anything about Smith's condition other than he didn't recover very rapidly. The Niners could think Smith is good enough medically, but without checking they don't have to let the Bears know.

Bear with me on this analogy, as it isn't perfect. It's like a pregnancy test, whether or not your girl is pregnant in fact, if you check too early, it may show negative, but you're not in the clear. If you only have one test, take it later to get the more accurate result. Here, if the result isn't clear, the Niners have a benefit in waiting, assuming they prepare Kaepernick.

I think so.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeff Zrebiec:

John Harbaugh said, "Whatever procedure my brother had, I think I’m going to need by the end of the night. My heart is moving fast right now.”

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think the team doctors seem to think Alex is good to go and will be able to pass whatever test is needed through an independent doctor. I highly doubt Alex has been getting all the reps in practice without the team doctors constantly monitoring and clearing him.

In other words it would be a huge shock to the 49ers if he wasn't cleared to play based on what their doctors are telling them.