• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Game Notes

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One more thing. I was wrong about Kaepernick for the night. I liked him on draft day, but I was almost completely off tonight and didn't want him starting. Now I'm out for a couple hours of sleep.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The players seem to really like Kaepernick which is pretty big. Vernon Davis and Crabtrees comments seem to be that they want Kaep to be the QB and not Smith

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very good interview, Pozz. Maiocco really sums up my feelings about the QB situation now and in the past. The offense looks much better because of Kaep's ability to attempt certain tough throws...

We probably have the most potent offense in the league if we can capatilalize on all its strength to utilize our weapons.

matt hit it right on the head. i was expecting some mickey mouse offense with a kap in his first start but the play calling didn't look different.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
matt hit it right on the head. i was expecting some mickey mouse offense with a kap in his first start but the play calling didn't look different.

Yes indeed. He hit some beautiful throws on the edges- tough places to get the ball accurately and on time.

I also like the way CK runs the read-option handoff to the inside. The one that Hunter took to the house really seemed to throw the Bears off.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing. I was wrong about Kaepernick for the night. I liked him on draft day, but I was almost completely off tonight and didn't want him starting. Now I'm out for a couple hours of sleep.

I don't think that makes you wrong at all Chris, I think it just makes you a conscious observer.

There was not a single football expert or even someone with passive knowledge of the game that thought last night represented a perfect opportunity for Kaps first start. It did not. But what Kap did with that imperfect opportunity was on a scale that has yet to be fully reconciled.

What the Bears defense had done to other teams let alone other QB's prior to Kaepernicks 1st NFL start was not funny but what Kaepernick did to that Bears defense last night was no joke. No one outside of the 49ers locker room could have rationally predicted Colin's performance.

I think Harbaugh owes it to himself, the team, the fans and most of all to Colin to find out if last night was a fluke or the beginning of the next offensively dominate era of 49ers football.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The play calling was the same - only the results were different.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Harbaugh owes it to himself, the team, the fans and most of all to Colin to find out if last night was a fluke or the beginning of the next offensively dominate era of 49ers football.

It's tough because the Bears don't blitz and the Saints live and die by the blitz. One thing that I believe Kaep is better than Alex at is avoiding pressure and throwing accurately on the run. Does this play a role in Harbaughs thought process?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's tough because the Bears don't blitz and the Saints live and die by the blitz. One thing that I believe Kaep is better than Alex at is avoiding pressure and throwing accurately on the run. Does this play a role in Harbaughs thought process?

wait, the saints have a defense?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great point as always, C.Man. Blitzing does change the texture, but perhaps that is the next box to check on Colin's to-do list of becoming a starter. After last night's performance I would no longer protect Colin from any challenge. And, to your point, he might actually handle the blitz better than Alex which may influence Harbaugh's decision.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints have played real well in the Red Zone the last few weeks. The 49ers aren't going to beat them kicking field goals.

Agreed, the Saints last 4-5 games are nothing like their first 4-5 games.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great point as always, C.Man. Blitzing does change the texture, but perhaps that is the next box to check on Colin's to-do list of becoming a starter. After last night's performance I would no longer protect Colin from any challenge. And, to your point, he might actually handle the blitz better than Alex which may influence Harbaugh's decision.

We are on the same page with this. Agreed.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/20/refo-bears-49ers-week-11/

The deep ball worked wonders for the 49ers this week with Kaepernick going 3-of-4 for 111 yards on such throws over 20 yards in the air.

Continuing his fine form as a run blocker Joe Staley record his fifth game of the season with a run block grade of +2.0 or better. Staley is comfortably our highest graded run blocking tackle of the season at this point.

The six quarterback disruptions Justin Smith managed (1 Sk, 5 Hu) are the most in a single game since his dressing down of David Diehl in the 49ers’ conference title game defeat back in January. It also matches the number of pressures he has recorded in the 49ers’ last 3 games (3 Ht, 3 Hu).

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Do the Saints still blitz as much under Spagnulo? I thought the idea was that he's the exact opposite of blitzmaster Gregg Williams?