• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears @ Falcons

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does a secondary tight end have to outplay someone from the line anyway?

Why is that a requirement for drafting a tight end in the 5th round when the four picks before that could reasonably be offensive and defensive linemen?

The whole scenario doesn’t even have any logic to it.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does a secondary tight end have to outplay someone from the line anyway?

Why is that a requirement for drafting a tight end in the 5th round when the four picks before that could reasonably be offensive and defensive linemen?

The whole scenario doesn’t even have any logic to it

By this logic making a priority to draft a backup kicker would also hold water. Derrrr

Another pass catching TE omg. Get lost clown.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By this logic making a priority to draft a backup kicker would also hold water. Derrrr

Another pass catching TE omg. Get lost clown.

How is drafting someone in the mid to late rounds….”making them a priority”?

Please explain.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is drafting someone in the mid to late rounds….”making them a priority”?

Please explain.

So you just mentioned drafting pass catching TE because it wasn't a priority? You bring up how KC drafted one even though they had Kelcey to show it's not a good idea?

Why the hell do we need to waste draft capital on a backup pass catching TE again? Also could you name me 10 superbowl winners that had a pass catching backup TE that even made a difference? You keep dodging this question.

Pass catching backup TE is not needed. Draft one sure, when every other position is filled and we have a late pick to burn.

End of thread.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you just mentioned drafting pass catching TE because it wasn't a priority? You bring up how KC drafted one even though they had Kelcey to show it's not a good idea?

Bears also probably need to draft or sign a CB for next year too. It’s not a priority. But they will need one.

See. You can mention something without it being a priority.

Keep reaching.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell do we need to waste draft capital on a backup pass catching TE again? Also could you name me 10 superbowl winners that had a pass catching backup TE that even made a difference? You keep dodging this question

That wasn’t your original question so not sure what I dodged.

Rams backup TE was their 3rd leading receiver in last years SB. Bucs #2 TE caught all 3 of his SB targets and was 4th in receiving yards for the team in the game.

That’s just the last two. And I already mentioned the Eagles having a backup TE throw one of the most memorable touchdowns in SB history.

The premise is silly though. Most good teams have more than 1 TE that can contribute in the receiving game.
End of thread.

You want it to be. But it’s not.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, still no practice squad QB signed, no backup signed, I guess they are going to whip this throroughbred until they have to put him down.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious where I ever tried to convince anyone of that. Could you point it out?

Don't know. Him and I don't speak much these days honestly. I'll text him though.

Fuck off....no he isn't. Where do you get this shit from? Straight out of your own ass, that's where.

That in no one prevents teams from building through the draft. In fact....if you do build well through the draft you end up spending all that money because the players that you draft that play well end up getting paid well on their 2nd contract. So if you're a team that drafts well consistently...you're gonna spend to the max more often.

Your statement is bullshit.

You do when it's time for their second contact. Because you're either paying them or paying someone to replace them.
Who is getting their second contract this go around?
Nobody.

Can we offer Monty 7 million a season?
Fuck him, you dont give second contracts to running backs.

How are we getting to 190 million minimum?
Dumping dollars on free agents.

What true #1 receivers are available thru free agency?
None, they all got locked up already.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is getting their second contract this go around?
Nobody.

Mooney. Maybe Monty.

Can we offer Monty 7 million a season?
Fuck him, you dont give second contracts to running backs.

Can they? Yes. Should they? Different discussion.

How are we getting to 190 million minimum?
Dumping dollars on free agents.

Doesn't mean those free agents will suck.

Yeah the Jags dumped money on Christian Kirk. And now he's putting in the best season of his career so far.
What true #1 receivers are available thru free agency?
None, they all got locked up already.

That's why I said the Bears should be looking to bulk up their offensive line and front 7 in free agency.

There's going to be good Olinemen on the market as well as Dlinemen.

Fill holes there....draft the best pass rusher on the board with your first pick. And then the rest of the draft you can go BPA and pick up some skill position guys along the way.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears also probably need to draft or sign a CB for next year too. It’s not a priority. But they will need one.

See. You can mention something without it being a priority.
Oh so you were just mentioning drafting a backup pass catching TE but that didn't mean it's a priority. Got it. (wink wink). You're ability to backpedal is outstanding. Somewhere in this thread you realized how retarded you sounded...

Rams backup TE was their 3rd leading receiver in last years SB. Bucs #2 TE caught all 3 of his SB targets and was 4th in receiving yards for the team in the game.
One game? That's why we need this mystery TE for that one game? Wow, what a priority, oh i mean, just a "mention".

The premise is silly though. Most good teams have more than 1 TE that can contribute in the receiving game.
Sure. I can go along with that.

But this sure sounds like more than just a "mention":

Draft the best pass rusher available....draft a WR and a pass catching TE to fill out the offense. Find depth where you need it.

Clearly, you rate a backup TE is #3 in precedence followed by depth. But somehow you want to backpedal into saying it was just a "mention". Okay grey pubes. I'll let this go. You're welcome.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so you were just mentioning drafting a backup pass catching TE but that didn't mean it's a priority. Got it. (wink wink). You're ability to backpedal is outstanding. Somewhere in this thread you realized how retarded you sounded...

We also need a return man. It’s not a priority though.

See how that works?

One game? That's why we need this mystery TE for that one game? Wow, what a priority, oh i mean, just a "mention".

You asked for TEs that were important on SB winners.
Sure. I can go along with that.

But this sure sounds like more than just a "mention":

Draft the best pass rusher available....draft a WR and a pass catching TE to fill out the offense. Find depth where you need it.

Clearly, you rate a backup TE is #3 in precedence followed by depth. But somehow you want to backpedal into saying it was just a "mention". Okay grey pubes. I'll let this go. You're welcome.

Clearly you comprehend poorly.