• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bears @ Cowboys

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two solid games has not earned Fields year #3.

Thankfully....you are neither the GM nor HC of this team.

He's gonna be the starter next season. Deal with it. Or write a bunch of long drunken rants complaining about it. It's not gonna change reality either way.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In one key respect, I'm 100% with you, which is your previous take that to truly be a successful QB in this league, you HAVE to prove you can be a pocket passer. So IMHO, if Fields never develops that ability to confidently operate within the pocket, he'll never be more than a 2nd tier QB at best. Oh, and I'll throw in one more negative at no extra charge!!! He needs to better and more quickly locate his other options if #1 is covered too tightly.

BUT (you knew there had to be a but here)...........

The Bears would be insane to ignore this kid's incredible athleticism. It would be a dereliction of duty. With the possible exception of Lamar Jackson, there isn't a better athlete currently manning the QB spot. Look at how much the offense has opened and more importantly, how frustrated the opposing D is since Getsy expanded the playbook, not to mention how much better Fields has become at knowing when to bolt. When you have someone like a Justin Fields lining up under center, you have to expand the RPO and planned run plays, it should be an integral part of the playbook. He's too good not to do so. The kid can move the chains and that matters.
I am certainly not implying that we ignore the fact that Fields can run. Absolutely not. That would be insane. I have no problem with designed runs and RPO's thrown into the mix. My feeling, is that until he can demonstrate an ability to go through progressions, see the field, be aware in the pocket, throw from the pocket, get rid of the football on time, etc. I can't really begin to trust that he's developing as a passer. But yeah... by all means. He can run fantastically. So, why wouldn't you run it with him?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s literally been going through his progressions last 3 games. Watch the games again.