• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bears @ Cowboys

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the Cowboys pass protect and pick up the blitz versus watching the Bears do it and then tell me the Bears Oline is doing a good job.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone will blame that sack on Fields

Not on the blockers that just decided to not block anyone

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that Monty fumble is probably on Fields too. And the drops. And the shitty pass protection.

Draft a QB….that’ll fix all these problems.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holly sh*tballs…A td to Kmet.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the Cowboys pass protect and pick up the blitz versus watching the Bears do it and then tell me the Bears Oline is doing a good job.
YoU jUSt dOn’t UNDERstaNd tHe AdVAncED mEtRIcs.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the Cowboys credit today, their offense was insanely efficient in all phases. Very disappointed in our defensive effort and as usual, our OL, while good with run protection, sucks big time when it comes to protecting Shields. Oh well, we live to blow chunks another day!!

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the Cowboys credit today, their offense was insanely efficient in all phases. Very disappointed in our defensive effort and as usual, our OL, while good with run protection, sucks big time when it comes to protecting Shields. Oh well, we live to blow chunks another day!!
I was watching Vikings and only following in Twitter and when you got 28-23 thought holy shit bears are possibly doing it.

Then the Monty fumble.

I'll say this, I'm 100% convinced fields has earned year 3. If he still stinks... He's already better than Mitch

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching Vikings and only following in Twitter and when you got 28-23 thought holy shit bears are possibly doing it.

Then the Monty fumble.

I'll say this, I'm 100% convinced fields has earned year 3. If he still stinks... He's already better than Mitch
We’re losing in “regular sh*tty team ways” now as compared to the first month. Baby steps.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m okay with a loss that comes with some form of develop for the QB and the offense. And we saw that today. The Bears scored more on a pretty good defense than any other team that’s faced Dallas this season. And Fields had a good game. Maybe his best as a pro. Two bad plays….the underthrow to start the game that still should have been a positive play because an average WR there either comes back to the ball and catches it or forces a DPI. And not touching down Parsons after the fumble. Outside of that he was pretty good.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it sucks this is the 3rd straight game Ive missed......So Im basically watching highlites.........bah

Anyone else having problems with Directv sporting events getting blocked out by Fox.....??

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m okay with a loss that comes with some form of develop for the QB and the offense. And we saw that today. The Bears scored more on a pretty good defense than any other team that’s faced Dallas this season. And Fields had a good game. Maybe his best as a pro. Two bad plays….the underthrow to start the game that still should have been a positive play because an average WR there either comes back to the ball and catches it or forces a DPI. And not touching down Parsons after the fumble. Outside of that he was pretty good.

As much as this is true, our front 7 is ridiculously bad on defense and just adds so many more holes to fill when we really need to focus on offense. It's going to be a really difficult path for Poles to piece this thing together despite our having a lot of cap/money to work with.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as this is true, our front 7 is ridiculously bad on defense and just adds so many more holes to fill when we really need to focus on offense. It's going to be a really difficult path for Poles to piece this thing together despite our having a lot of cap/money to work with.

He's probably in a scenario where he is gonna have to find 6 to 7 starters for next season. At a minimum. And find a way to fill in some depth at critical positions behind them.

That's daunting but it would be far more daunting if he didn't have the resources. Fortunately, he does. 9 draft picks right now plus a pretty healthy amount of cap.

The thing that worries me is him overpaying for guys just because he has the money, ala Jacksonville this past offseason. But the approach Poles took in his first offseason gives me hope he's not that guy.

You don't have to find every answer to every problem this offseason. You do, however, have to make a sizable dent in the plethora of problems your franchise has.

The oline has to improve next season. Some of that is internal with guys like Jenkins and Jones and so on improving. I'm not sold on Jones but I like Jenkins a lot and Jones has probably done enough to be given another year look. Maybe Jones or Borom kick inside while you look at competition at tackle? They have to replace Mustipher at center. That's a must.

You need a #1 receiver. You need another option that can play considerable snaps at receiver along with Mooney. Pettis ain't it. St. Brown is a good run blocker and that's really it. You need to fill 2 of 3 receiver spots at the top of your depth chart.

Letting Monty walk is probably a more popular opinion these days. I like the 1-2 punch at RB but also understand if they roll with Herbert and find a big short yardage back to replace Montgomery.

On defense....you need a run stuffing tackle. You need pass rushers. You need a MLB. You need a #2 corner or #3 if Gordon steps up during the offseason.

If you fill 70% of your needs this coming offseason....you're probably a playoff team next year that gets bounced in the first round. You go even further the next offseason and you're talking about making a SB run. That's how quick things can move in the NFL.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, about the only positives I can take from yesterdays game is 200+ yards rushing and Justin Fields actually threw one away out of bounds when he was running for his life.

Roquan is a beast, but I hope we get something for him before tomorrow. I want to see red faced Sanborn playing linebacker next week.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanborn played yesterday and was as effective as a broken condom. Preseason hero.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two solid games has not earned Fields year #3. However, it has given him a glimmer of hope towards recovering from the mess he created up until the past two weeks.

Things change fast in the eyes of public opinion, as we've seen recently. At this point, Fields is just one ugly performance away from being right back where he started, after the Washington game.

And he's not already better than Mitch. At this point in Mitch's career, in year #2? He was actually red hot and playing pretty well. He slowed down towards the end of the season (and then permanently) as we know. However, he threw 24 TD's 12 INT's had decent peripheral numbers and ran the ball quite well. Made the pro bowl after Goff dropped out. Fields hasn't gotten that far yet. Much less has he been "better".

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bears really have something in Fields. If they get him some help, we will be a winning QB in this league

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two solid games has not earned Fields year #3. However, it has given him a glimmer of hope towards recovering from the mess he created up until the past two weeks.

Things change fast in the eyes of public opinion, as we've seen recently. At this point, Fields is just one ugly performance away from being right back where he started, after the Washington game.

And he's not already better than Mitch. At this point in Mitch's career, in year #2? He was actually red hot and playing pretty well. He slowed down towards the end of the season (and then permanently) as we know. However, he threw 24 TD's 12 INT's had decent peripheral numbers and ran the ball quite well. Made the pro bowl after Goff dropped out. Fields hasn't gotten that far yet. Much less has he been "better".
In one key respect, I'm 100% with you, which is your previous take that to truly be a successful QB in this league, you HAVE to prove you can be a pocket passer. So IMHO, if Fields never develops that ability to confidently operate within the pocket, he'll never be more than a 2nd tier QB at best. Oh, and I'll throw in one more negative at no extra charge!!! He needs to better and more quickly locate his other options if #1 is covered too tightly.

BUT (you knew there had to be a but here)...........

The Bears would be insane to ignore this kid's incredible athleticism. It would be a dereliction of duty. With the possible exception of Lamar Jackson, there isn't a better athlete currently manning the QB spot. Look at how much the offense has opened and more importantly, how frustrated the opposing D is since Getsy expanded the playbook, not to mention how much better Fields has become at knowing when to bolt. When you have someone like a Justin Fields lining up under center, you have to expand the RPO and planned run plays, it should be an integral part of the playbook. He's too good not to do so. The kid can move the chains and that matters.