• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bears (1-1) at Browns (1-1)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an interesting stat this morning regarding Stafford. His career with the Lions, average separation was a little over 3 yards, with the rams, average separation is 3.8 yards. I understand alot of that goes to Desean Jackson being 20 yards past his defenders, but holding the ball too long does not usually mean getting sacked 2 seconds after the snap of the ball. Even Dalton got 2.2 seconds to throw his first game.
He wasn't getting sacked 2 seconds after getting the ball.

He was hesitant and gun-shy. Matt Nagy did him no favors, but he flat refused to pull the trigger.

Nagy is a colossal failure. He should not finish the season, and there should be no chance in Hell of him being extended.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears decided to block Garrett and Clowney one on one when every team in the league will chip and double team those guys. No max protect...almost all 5 man pass pro schemes.

Barely any Jesse James...when he's a good pass blocking tight end. Barely any designed rollouts or moving the pocket.

Was Fields good? Absolutely not. Is any of the above his fault? Absolutely not.

A coaches job is to put his players in position to succeed. To scheme to their strengths and to try and negate the opponents strengths and exploit their weaknesses. But yet again...Matt Nagy plays right into the opponents hand.

Everybody believes in Justin Fields. Very few believe in Nagy anymore. I think we have our answer about his as a head coach. Honestly, many of us were (and still are) clamoring for us to move on this past offseason-with good reason. I kind of give management a small (albeit very small) pass because it was a sh*tfest out there for coaching vacancies. But if there is a legit coach out there for us at this very moment...They should move NOW and to hell with the next few games having less prep...Lay the foundation NOW. I mean, if Pace wants to actually survive what appears to be a bloodbath potential.

I'll say this much. It's intriguing. I am very interested to see just how stubborn this management is if this offensive bullsh*t continues. Could what happened yesterday continue for weeks/months? Would they just shell up and let it roll all the way down the hill to season's end while Rome burns around them? Could get ugly boys. My gut is we still put up a respectable amount of wins that doesn't scream "total dumpster fire" but it's hard not to believe that a win count is anything but smoke and mirrors with this team. We need major changes one way or another.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody believes in Justin Fields. Very few believe in Nagy anymore. I think we have our answer about his as a head coach. Honestly, many of us were (and still are) clamoring for us to move on this past offseason-with good reason. I kind of give management a small (albeit very small) pass because it was a sh*tfest out there for coaching vacancies. But if there is a legit coach out there for us at this very moment...They should move NOW and to hell with the next few games having less prep...Lay the foundation NOW. I mean, if Pace wants to actually survive what appears to be a bloodbath potential.

I'll say this much. It's intriguing. I am very interested to see just how stubborn this management is if this offensive bullsh*t continues. Could what happened yesterday continue for weeks/months? Would they just shell up and let it roll all the way down the hill to season's end while Rome burns around them? Could get ugly boys. My gut is we still put up a respectable amount of wins that doesn't scream "total dumpster fire" but it's hard not to believe that a win count is anything but smoke and mirrors with this team. We need major changes one way or another.

They will probably win by 2 scores at home against Detroit next week and that buys Nagy a little more time. But then there are some games where they will look really bad again. So on and so forth.

These owners are against firing a coach midseason. Even though they have a couple good options for interim HC's on staff already in Bill Lazor and Tom Herman.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will probably win by 2 scores at home against Detroit next week and that buys Nagy a little more time. But then there are some games where they will look really bad again. So on and so forth.

These owners are against firing a coach midseason. Even though they have a couple good options for interim HC's on staff already in Bill Lazor and Tom Herman.
yeah, but we get Bill Lazor being head coach and calling his own plays then?

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think in 2021 an NFL offense could finish with 1 yard passing

I still think Fields has a high ceiling, but it's obvious he's a little raw.

From a viking standpoint, I really hope bears are stubborn and stick with Nagy.

But it's obvious he's got to go

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 drop backs against a good front 7 with the best pure pass rusher in football and you use 5 man pass pro 21 times.

You wouldn't do that if your QB was Brady, Manning, Staubach, Starr, Montana, Fouts, Marino, Brees, or Rodgers.

Why the hell would you do it to a rookie in his first start?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 drop backs against a good front 7 with the best pure pass rusher in football and you use 5 man pass pro 21 times.

You wouldn't do that if your QB was Brady, Manning, Staubach, Starr, Montana, Fouts, Marino, Brees, or Rodgers.

Why the hell would you do it to a rookie in his first start?

Most assuredly because Nagy saw a different team succeed with it vs. the Browns on tape...Once again...Dude plays right into what opponents want to give them...probably to such a degree they're even ready for it. He just REFUSES to call plays to his team's strengths. It's maddening.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most assuredly because Nagy saw a different team succeed with it vs. the Browns on tape...Once again...Dude plays right into what opponents want to give them...probably to such a degree they're even ready for it. He just REFUSES to call plays to his team's strengths. It's maddening.

The funny thing is the Browns talked all week about teams max protecting and chipping and double teaming.

So Nagy heard that and did the exact opposite.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is the Browns talked all week about teams max protecting and chipping and double teaming.

A 10 year old with an xbox would know that you are facing two of the best edge rushers in the game, and that your motherfucking gameplan should center around that notion.

He makes you feel like you're taking fucking crazy pills. I hate him.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A 10 year old with an xbox would know that you are facing two of the best edge rushers in the game, and that your motherfucking gameplan should center around that notion.

He makes you feel like you're taking fucking crazy pills. I hate him.

I mean...I understand this stuff doesn't happen in a vacuum and Nagy doesn't just isolate his gameplan to a simplistic degree aka "We're doing these few things. Period." But I mean, yesterday was one of those where there's just no excuse for what happened. Ok, he tried something he thought would work. It was f*cking stupid, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe it wasn't stupid going in and sounded good in theory. Why in God's name did he just keep letting it go on ALL GAME LONG with our franchise QB getting sacked 9 f*cking times? How does the light bulb not go off and there be some radical changes at halftime or or when it becomes obvious in-game? Like, come on dude.

Eventually when you keep making the wrong decisions...You're just not the guy that should be making the decisions.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have no oline nothing works. It's the oline, period.

Too bad we don't have a first round pick next year to help address this gaping need.

Really? That would address all the issues the Bears have? Come on man, you sound like Nagy the year after the double doink, "just a good kicker and we're in".

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is before the Bears game…

After the game…

Browns DE Myles Garrett: Stopping Matt Nagy’s scheme ‘came easily’

I feel for you Bears fan and I have been there for a long time. Inept coaches ruin franchises and that’s the last thing you need with a rookie QB. Give him a chance to succeed. I said after he got drafted, Fields should sit the first season- he has a lot to learn. Why not start Foles? Maybe this is a good thing, it shows how bad Nagy really is…give up on this season to get Nagy fired. I hope for you guys, he goes soon. It’s hard to watch a team with talent being used like this, pitiful.