• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bears (1-1) at Browns (1-1)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough game. I think we have a shot, but ultimately, I don't think our offense can hang. It would take another stellar defensive performance for us to pull this one out.

Browns 27
Bears 16

D keeps us in it for most of the contest, but Cleveland pulls away late.

If anything, this should be a good measuring stick to see where we're at.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not liking this game.....

We.wont be able to stop Chubb.....our def is not elite....its as average as its gonna get.
If we had played a better team in Cincy,we would of lost by a good margin....
Cle is a playoff team.....Bungles are not.

It would be nice to keep the game within 10,but I doubt it.....

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing their D is iffy? Fields first start. Hmm.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing their D is iffy? Fields first start. Hmm.
Every Bears fan right now: “Can Fields play so well that it negates Nagy’s bullsh*t?”

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is missing some weapons on offense. I say stack the box and stop the run and make Mayfield one dimensional and take in chances with coverage.

On offense you have to neutralize Garrett and Clowney...the rest of the defense isn't spectacular. Ifedi and Peters played well last week....if they can do it again and the interior isn't dogshit (Because Mustipher and Daniels were in week 2) then the offense certainly has a chance.

I think Cleveland wins but this isn't a blowout.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is missing some weapons on offense. I say stack the box and stop the run and make Mayfield one dimensional and take in chances with coverage.

On offense you have to neutralize Garrett and Clowney...the rest of the defense isn't spectacular. Ifedi and Peters played well last week....if they can do it again and the interior isn't dogshit (Because Mustipher and Daniels were in week 2) then the offense certainly has a chance.

Peters has played great. He is a beast still. He has had a handful of just straight dominant pancakes. Awesome to watch.

The Orlando Pace comparisons are done.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut down the run, and Mayfield will give it up at least once.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut down the run, and Mayfield will give it up at least once.

We need at least 5 turnovers to win this game if we eeked one out with 4 at home vs. the Bengals.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need at least 5 turnovers to win this game if we eeked one out with 4 at home vs. the Bengals.
Well, you know as well as I do that it's not as static as that.

My biggest concern is Fields. Hopefully a week of practice and reps will translate to him looking better on the field.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With OBJ still out and Landry now out I wouldn't be surprised if Hooper and/or Njoku (te's) get more targets on Sunday. As an Ohio State fan happy that Fields is starting. I'll be rooting for him (and da Bears) after this weekend. Just didn't want his first start to be against my team.

Soldier Field's on my bucket list. Really wanna go to a game there some day.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters has played great. He is a beast still. He has had a handful of just straight dominant pancakes. Awesome to watch.

The Orlando Pace comparisons are done.
It's really amazing that a near 40 year old can still play tackle like he has. A consummate professional, too. A mentor to the young guys. I have a lot of respect for him.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect a W against a very talented Browns team, but at least Fields has had a full week practicing with and against the #1 units, which should help acclimate him to Sunday's game. He'll make mistakes no doubt, but the trajectory for this kid is nothing but pointing upward.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we would commit to the run game and stay with it, we could win this. I think we are a coach away from decent. Sorry to be a broken record about Nagy. This team itself is better then I expected. We have 2 good WRs 2 good TEs 1 top RB and the oline is pretty decent. The Def is slightly better then average too. 27-16 Browns.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tayshaun Gipson has a hammy issue and missed practice today...Hicks has also been out the past two practices with "sick/knee" issues...Something to keep an eye on.

Goldman was limited but I wouldn't count on him for sh*t...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we would commit to the run game and stay with it, we could win this. I think we are a coach away from decent. Sorry to be a broken record about Nagy. This team itself is better then I expected. We have 2 good WRs 2 good TEs 1 top RB and the oline is pretty decent. The Def is slightly better then average too. 27-16 Browns.
Well one thing is for certain and that's the Browns are going to blitz the shit out of Justin and likely have 8-9 in the box much of the game. So as much as I'd love to see us control the battle with runs, we're actually gonna have to pass or at the very least RPO our way out of this, at least early on. The problem I see with all this is simply that the Browns have superior talent on both sides of the ball. Not always, but way more often than not, superior talent rules the day.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if the OL picks those blitzes up, if the WRs break off their routes, and if Fields adjusts.

Fields was excellent against the blitz in college. His metrics vs the blitz and vs pressure were really good.

Also if they blitz...I expect him to take off and run a decent amount of time. Which would be advantage Bears.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields was excellent against the blitz in college. His metrics vs the blitz and vs pressure were really good.

Also if they blitz...I expect him to take off and run a decent amount of time. Which would be advantage Bears.
Hey, I hope we shock the friggin world with a big dub. I'm just not banking on it. Fields having tremendous success with the blitz in college has very little correlation to NFL blitzes, where he's going up against the best of the best and the fastest of the fastest in this league. I don't doubt that he'll adjust and of course have mad dog success in his NFL career. But this Sunday? Not exactly reeking with confidence on this one. But I truly hope I'm wrong.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields having tremendous success with the blitz in college has very little correlation to NFL blitzes, where he's going up against the best of the best and the fastest of the fastest in this league.

It does correlate though. Yes the competition is better. But to say it doesn't correlate is silly.

If a running back does well in college at breaking tackles...do it correlate to the NFL in spite of defenses being bigger and better?

It's sort of moot because the Browns aren't a heavy blitzing team. They play a ton of Cover 3 and try to get pressure with Garrett and Clowney. They have a very vanilla defense and try to just line up and beat you. Fields won't see a lot of exotic looks.