• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Be the GM, Fix the Hawks!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the frustration but you don't trade a top 5 QB still in his prime. An over haul of the coaching staff should be first priority.

I agree it makes more sense to have a regime change… Russ though is passing his prime, he’ll be 33 next month, he’s stil great, but he’s gonna lose his legs soon and he relies on extending plays… He’s a gamer though, so I’m sure he’ll adjust.. But if we’re gonna get something big for him, it’s now or never… Once he’s in his mid 30’s he’s not gonna get the trade bait… I think seeing Geno is making people realize how good Russ is, but Geno is not starting material, never has been… logically though you’re right, regime change might be the best move …

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it starts with coaching and development. I dont know who is in charge of the draft, they say is Pete Caroll but you cannot survive as a franchise if you cannot draft and atleast find decent players to fill their roles. The last few drafts the only players the hawks hit on where DK Metcalf and a punter. Looking at the defense the only players that were drafted starting is Rasheem Green and Jordyn Brooks, everyone else is traded for and brought on as free agents and maybe thats why they struggle as a unit. You can pretty much say the same for the offense the only players on their rookie contracts that are panning out is DK and maybe Damien Lewis everyone else are just back ups and depth.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it makes more sense to have a regime change… Russ though is passing his prime, he’ll be 33 next month, he’s stil great, but he’s gonna lose his legs soon and he relies on extending plays… He’s a gamer though, so I’m sure he’ll adjust.. But if we’re gonna get something big for him, it’s now or never… Once he’s in his mid 30’s he’s not gonna get the trade bait… I think seeing Geno is making people realize how good Russ is, but Geno is not starting material, never has been… logically though you’re right, regime change might be the best move …
I will say he will lose his legs in making long scrambles but losing his legs moving out of the pocket is something I don't see happening longer down the line. He's only 32 and still has a ton of game left in him. What the team needs is a new look on scouting and drafting.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say he will lose his legs in making long scrambles but losing his legs moving out of the pocket is something I don't see happening longer down the line. He's only 32 and still has a ton of game left in him. What the team needs is a new look on scouting and drafting.

33 next month, and explosiveness is what you lose, and that’s what he relies on, quickness, not so much top speed …Looking back from his first several years here, you can see he’s slowed down… Legs are the first to go … Now that being said, Russ is still top 5, we would take a step back losing him but potentially take some steps forward depending on what we got for him… If we wait, it’s a wrap, we might as well let him retire a Seahawk… Time fly’s

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
33 next month, and explosiveness is what you lose, and that’s what he relies on, quickness, not so much top speed …Looking back from his first several years here, you can see he’s slowed down… Legs are the first to go … Now that being said, Russ is still top 5, we would take a step back losing him but potentially take some steps forward depending on what we got for him… If we wait, it’s a wrap, we might as well let him retire a Seahawk… Time fly’s
I just don't want us to get into a Big Ben situation where we hang on to him because he's been a loyal, franchise QB... The Steelers haven't been that competitive the past few years because they have chose to stick with Big Ben as their QB... He's the guy that's been holding them back... I know RW isn't as old as Big Ben but there needs to come a time when you have to draw the line... Eli Manning/Dan Marino also come to mind... He'll be seeking one last large contract after next season as a FA... He'd be almost 34 at that point... Do we give him another large contract? I personally don't see him being as successful as an A. Rodgers or Tom Brady as they aged past 35 years old...

tough decisions for sure when you're dealing with a franchise QB negotiating their 3rd contract...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need the explosiveness, just the quickness to move up or out of the pocket to make plays which he can do for more years to come. Drafting better is the key, not trading away a top 5 QB and than throw darts in the dark and hope to hit on a QB which could take years. Many years for some organizations.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out for the Eagles making a huge play for Wilson this next offseason. They have 3 First rounders and at least 2 of them I think will be top 10 picks maybe even Three. Wilson would have to agree on it of course and I don't see that happening but you never know.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need the explosiveness, just the quickness to move up or out of the pocket to make plays which he can do for more years to come. Drafting better is the key, not trading away a top 5 QB and than throw darts in the dark and hope to hit on a QB which could take years. Many years for some organizations.

True, I get your point, but if we don’t move Wilson we might as well accept a big 3rd contract and lock him up until he retires, because in a couple years teams won’t give up anything for him….

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, I get your point, but if we don’t move Wilson we might as well accept a big 3rd contract and lock him up until he retires, because in a couple years teams won’t give up anything for him….
I'm fine with that. He keeps us in the playoff hunt and it's up to the coaching staff to get these draft picks right and get us past the first round. All the draft picks in the world won't matter if you don't hit on a QoF. Look how long it took the Bengals and Bills to find theirs.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with that. He keeps us in the playoff hunt and it's up to the coaching staff to get these draft picks right and get us past the first round. All the draft picks in the world won't matter if you don't hit on a QoF. Look how long it took the Bengals and Bills to find theirs.

So hypothetically speaking, what if the Jets offered us 3 first round picks ?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be honest 2022 is not a good draft to be going after your "QB of the future". lol

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete is getting old, I think it’s part of the problem.. Great coach, has done it well for years, but brain ages just like the body, and he’s been making some questionable decisions …

hmm I don't know. Some times I think he lets his heart make the decisions for him to much, Then he explains it as going out and standing up for his team. I think Pete is fine but he needs to get better quality coaches around him and have them becoming more involved. What i mean is don't bring a guy in to "add" to what you got (playbook) but someone that can "remake and Improve". Both sides Offense and defense.

Pete's style of play has now been around for going on12 years in the Seattle, teams have copied it for YEARS and it made its way through the NFL in some form or another. People now know how to defend it because they see parts of it all the time. If you asked me this team should center around a quick passing game, then run off that. This will bring those damn safeties down into the box.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm I don't know. Some times I think he lets his heart make the decisions for him to much, Then he explains it as going out and standing up for his team. I think Pete is fine but he needs to get better quality coaches around him and have them becoming more involved. What i mean is don't bring a guy in to "add" to what you got (playbook) but someone that can "remake and Improve". Both sides Offense and defense.

Pete's style of play has now been around for going on12 years in the Seattle, teams have copied it for YEARS and it made its way through the NFL in some form or another. People now know how to defend it because they see parts of it all the time. If you asked me this team should center around a quick passing game, then run off that. This will bring those damn safeties down into the box.
I think the one thing Pete has going for him is that despite his many questionable and outdated coaching decisions, the team certainly doesn't look like it has given up to me.

Even with Geno Smith at QB and an awful defense on the other side of the ball, the Seahawks remained competitive the previous two weeks.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 things stand out on offense. Losing RW and CC destroyed any chance of winning. I would have expected Geno to maybe play 500 ball for us, but he is a lame back up. Terrible.
Most of us expected the offense to stumble as we get used to a new OC. Many felt by game 8 or so, we hopefully will start to click on O.
A new OC coupled with the loss of the offense’s #1 and #2 players equals very poor results.
D is harder for me to figure out. They look to be slowly improving. My jury is out until season end. No one gets fired before the end of the year.
It is more how we finish, than how we start.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 things stand out on offense. Losing RW and CC destroyed any chance of winning. I would have expected Geno to maybe play 500 ball for us, but he is a lame back up. Terrible.
Most of us expected the offense to stumble as we get used to a new OC. Many felt by game 8 or so, we hopefully will start to click on O.
A new OC coupled with the loss of the offense’s #1 and #2 players equals very poor results.
D is harder for me to figure out. They look to be slowly improving. My jury is out until season end. No one gets fired before the end of the year.
It is more how we finish, than how we start.

I think we end up over .500 at seasons end, just a gut feeling… A lot depends on today’s results though… WE need this win against a very beatable team today … 3-5 going into the bye with Russ coming back is huge, 2-6 going into the bye and it’s almost lights out, that’s hard to overcome… Today’s game is a big one for this season, so Geno better play smart enough ..