• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Be the GM, Fix the Hawks!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wilson sitting on the sideline for a few games will help him. He is such an intelligent QB that he knows "ok I don't have it here but if I extend something big will pop." He knows and rightfully so that it will pop open but he is over thinking it and needs to just remember that a 10 play drive with a TD is way more effective in winning a game than a 4 play drive with a TD. He knows this but I feel like he feels that because the defense is what it is he has to score every time and just kind of over thinks it. I am praying for Geno to have big success with a dink and dunk style to help refocus Wilson.

Geno is a timing QB so disrupting him means a lot of bump and run coverage, going to be fun seeing how people "bump" Metcalf.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire the entire coaching staff... I'm done.

This coaching staff thought we'd be fine going in with 3 draft picks and barely any free agency money? And then didn't take advantage of wholesale "LOL WTF" trades (Stephon Gilmore for example is JUST the most recent)? Eh... Paul Allen's equivalent vagina has no clue wtf is going on and doesn't care... Schneider/Carroll are just here for a paycheck... Wilson will demand a trade likely after this season.

Smart GM/Owner would just come in and blow everything up. "You don't get rid of a top 10 talent like Wilson" blah blah blah... He's like 1 of 5 players on the team that are relevant whatsoever... (TL, DK, JA (who isn't used properly at all), BW (who is aging), and... uh... Carson? (who can't stay healthy))?

Team needs to blow up now... and it starts with the entire coaching staff getting fired and vagina Allen selling the team to someone who cares.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have lost faith in Pete Carroll. IMO, the game has passed him by and our recent success is, in large part, because of having Russell Wilson.

Consider the following from Mike Dugar at The Athletic..
Seattle through five games has used play action on 30.6 percent of its early-down plays, which is 25th in the league, according to TruMedia. But Seattle ranks second league-wide behind the Rams in EPA per play when using play action.

We are one of the worst teams in the league in going for it on 4th down. Both in attempts and actual conversions.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should talk about Diggs also, They were having a AWFUL start to the season but the last few games they have flipped it around. Lets hope Jamal and our CB's can do it also.

Tre Brown impressed me, some times heart and desire can make up for the lack of size. Who remembers little Willie Williams?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should talk about Diggs also, They were having a AWFUL start to the season but the last few games they have flipped it around. Lets hope Jamal and our CB's can do it also.

Tre Brown impressed me, some times heart and desire can make up for the lack of size. Who remembers little Willie Williams?

Brown had at least 3 really good plays that really helped the defense. It appeared at times they had started to try and pick on DJ Reed instead of Brown. It was a good first showing, hopefully he can build on it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Penny is back. I think he helps this offense because he is one of the better receiving backs on this team and I think people forgot that. He has the talent but my god he has been so fragile and cant stay on the field. I would rather have a backfield of Penny and Collins with Homer/Dallas getting spot duty than Collins and Homer/Dallas as your change of pace backs.

Penny said something in his presser about how the team seemed to forgot how to have fun and he wants to go out there and make it fun again. I 100% see this, they don't look like they are having fun. Losing sucks yes but even when they are winning it just looks like they are not having fun.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First STOP giving away draft picks, you always need young guys coming in, that’s the best and cheapest way to find talent.. It’s madness that we only had 3 draft picks last year, that’s a giant failure by Pete and John… In the off-season I’d consider offers for Wilson, if we wait he’s gonna lose draft stock and I don’t think he’s gonna be as good as he ages losing mobility, he’s not a pocket passer, never will be, and he relies on his legs to extend play’s…

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have the feeling we had in 2016 with the Seattle Mariners... Team has a lot of money into key players but our record doesn't reflect that... The 2016 Mariners had Cano, Cruz, Felix, who kept the team fairly competitive but their future looked glim... The M's had a horrible farm system, which gave us no faith for the future of the club either...

This is how I feel about the Hawks... We have money tied up into Wilson, Wagner, Lockett, J. Adams but we're 2-4... Our farm system looks bleak... Only 3 draft picks in 2021, which did not include a 1st rounder... 2022, we do not have a 1st rounder and have only 4 total picks (2nd, 3rd, 5th and 7th); we've already traded away 2 draft picks in 2024... Hard to reload with young talent when you don't have many draft picks and your core is getting older by the minue...

The M's began trading their better players landing a ton of draft picks/talent, which we're seeing a lot of them today resulting in one of the best farm systems in baseball and one of the youngest up and coming teams in MLB...

I'm almost convinced that the Hawks should be taking the same approach next year if they can't climb out of this grave they've dug.... John/Pete have done a horrible job managing this team since 2017/2018... Lucky for us, RW has been hiding the fact for John/Pete...

Hard to tell how long RW will be able to play at a pro bowl level... I'm not convinced he will be playing at the level in a few more years... For one, he's not a pocket passer... He escapes the pocket so soon at times... I believe it's because he can't see in the pocket downfield, which is where he seems to always be looking - maybe that's why he doesn't throw short as much as other QB's as well... Not going to knock on him too much here because he's been great... But will he still be great in a few years... Teams seem to be figuring him out a bit more and his legs eventually won't be able to sustain his style of play... Seems like the tenured QB's are pocket passers, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers...

With that said, I wouldn't be opposed to trading RW, especially if we don't feel like we can resign him once he's a FA...

I would also try and move R Penny before the trade deadline since he's healthy right now... Also in the offseason, move M. Blair if you can since we're not going to utilize him at his natural position... We could probably get a 4th or 5th for him...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Russ is suicidal. How many times has a team let an elite QB go in their prime or even an above average? Has it ever worked out well for the team? I feel like the rare times its happened has always led to the team moving on being the QB wilderness.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Russ is suicidal. How many times has a team let an elite QB go in their prime or even an above average? Has it ever worked out well for the team? I feel like the rare times its happened has always led to the team moving on being the QB wilderness.

If you have Geno as your starter yes, but if you get 3 first round picks, or at least 2 you can retool… At this point though I don’t trust Pete and John, they’re not making the best decisions lately .. 3 draft picks last season and giving up 2 first round picks, effin terrible ….

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have Geno as your starter yes, but if you get 3 first round picks, or at least 2 you can retool… At this point though I don’t trust Pete and John, they’re not making the best decisions lately .. 3 draft picks last season and giving up 2 first round picks, effin terrible ….

3 first round picks that are likely to be late 1st rounders. The odds that any of those picks will result in a player close to Russ' abilities are pretty small. The history of 2nd half of the 1st round QB picks is not good.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 first round picks that are likely to be late 1st rounders. The odds that any of those picks will result in a player close to Russ' abilities are pretty small. The history of 2nd half of the 1st round QB picks is not good.

Agreed, but if we wait on Russ and continue being an average team, he’s not getting any younger, if we don’t make a move we’re not gonna get anything for him when he hits his mid 30’s … He’s a prime target right now … Russ is great but he relies on his legs to extend play’s to make things happen, he’s fun to watch, but he’s not gonna have that mobility in 4-5 years…

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but if we wait on Russ and continue being an average team, he’s not getting any younger, if we don’t make a move we’re not gonna get anything for him when he hits his mid 30’s … He’s a prime target right now … Russ is great but he relies on his legs to extend play’s to make things happen, he’s fun to watch, but he’s not gonna have that mobility in 4-5 years…

Or maybe we get a coaching staff that will leverage Russ' abilities rather than fixating on an outdated philosophy.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe we get a coaching staff that will leverage Russ' abilities rather than fixating on an outdated philosophy.
If that's the case, i'm ok with that... I feel like PC has been riding the coat tails of RW... RW has obviously been hiding so many holes and mistakes by the coaching staff/front office that's it's very eye opening...I think the coaching staff, including Carroll are the biggest problems on the team right now...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case, i'm ok with that... I feel like PC has been riding the coat tails of RW... RW has obviously been hiding so many holes and mistakes by the coaching staff/front office that's it's very eye opening...I think the coaching staff, including Carroll are the biggest problems on the team right now...

Same here. I was a big defender of Pete for a long time. But I think it is time to move on.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What’s outdated ? Just curious what you feel is outdated ? Offensive philosophy ?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s outdated ? Just curious what you feel is outdated ? Offensive philosophy ?

Using the run to establish the pass. A severe aversion to play action. Focused on down field strikes with little regard for screens or short crossers.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using the run to establish the pass. A severe aversion to play action. Focused on down field strikes with little regard for screens or short crossers.

Ah ok … Yeah it’s definitely not the Mike Holmgren offense… I actually miss the old Mike offense…

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's so hard to not notice how it's all or nothing for this offense and that falls on the QB the OC and the HC. Then you add in The Run sets up the pass mentality but they don't use those LoS to 5 yard passes (which is an extension to the run and draws up a safety also) and the damn screen game is the WORST screen game in the NFL. How can they be SO BAD at setting up and running a screen pass. I am tired of seeing the WR screens getting 1 yard and RB screens getting what i swear is negative yards every time they try it which has been like what? 5 times in 7 games if that?

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First STOP giving away draft picks, you always need young guys coming in, that’s the best and cheapest way to find talent.. It’s madness that we only had 3 draft picks last year, that’s a giant failure by Pete and John… In the off-season I’d consider offers for Wilson, if we wait he’s gonna lose draft stock and I don’t think he’s gonna be as good as he ages losing mobility, he’s not a pocket passer, never will be, and he relies on his legs to extend play’s…
I get the frustration but you don't trade a top 5 QB still in his prime. An over haul of the coaching staff should be first priority.