• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Be the GM, Fix the Hawks!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of people talking but no real answers on fixing the Hawks. Firing a Coach or DC/OC doesn't fix this team this year. So without firing anyone how would YOU fix the Hawks?

Fixing the Back end of the defense:
I would make a few moves, First Blair would go to SS Amadi would stick at Nickel. Jones would Take over for Flowers and Tre Brown, Jones and DJ Reed would compete for the the #1/#2 spot. What about Adams you might ask. Well Adams is a great player who is very unique for a Strong safety ... thing is he doesn't fit for this defense. I dangle Adams for a talented CB that is at least a #2. Like James Bradberry from the Giants. At 6 foot 1 he adds size and talent to a talentless group. ( if i could find a upgrade for Diggs also i would )

Fixing the offense:
Draw up and USE some 3-7 yard passing plays. Force feed the RB's in the passing game and get your TE involved. Use miss direction bootleg roll outs to set up screens to the other side. Use Wilsons athletic ability more to keep him clean. Use more timing patterns and force Wilson to stop looking 40 yards down field because he is passing on easy completions for big chunk plays that have less of a chance to be completed.

What moves would you make? what would you change in the offense and defense? How would you "FIX THE HAWKS" ?

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow a lot of you like to talk big shit about how bad such and such is and how such and such needs to be fired but no one is willing to put yourself out there and "fix the Hawks"?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why adams is so highly thought of, he is an average starting safety. He couldn't carry kam chancellor's jock strap

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow a lot of you like to talk big shit about how bad such and such is and how such and such needs to be fired but no one is willing to put yourself out there and "fix the Hawks"?

Seeing I the first time I Saw this..........

Now bear with me. I'm a outside the box thinker

Defense:

Phiosphy: I believe a good PR can cause arriunt throws and INTS

Pass Rush: We got to start coming up with Different Ways. Honestly if i were Norton. Why not on some Plays have Brooks and Wagner play Safety or Deep coverage and Use Adams and Diggs on Some kind of Blitz. Why Not Move Diggs to CB, Brooks to Safety and Use a Corner on a LB Blitz?

Run Defense: This is a issue for me. If it's the middle. Were good, IF its wide, were Fucked. We need a Package were Run Stuffers can play LB

Coverage: Fuck Cushions and Wait and see on Routes. BE FUCKING BULLIES. Jam them, knock them off routes AT THE START. Why not move our Safety's ten yards deep. MAKE THEM PAY FOR CATCHING THE BALL. Blair and Adams are my perfect duo. And you MUST MUST watch the QB and all times and Make Nessacery Adjustments. Don't be afraid to Be short on the route if the throw is short!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offense:

It's simple....................

"Cmon Micheal. Two Hands. DON'T BE PRETTY, BE GOOD"

Jimmy Johnson

Honestly. I think all of the talk of Russ, and the deep ball, launch codes............ has gotten to his head. IMO he needs to go back to Basics. Don't be scared of throwing 5-10 or 10-15. If he doesn't then i'm sorry but Party's over

reset music video GIF

I like our Run game. Carson is the type of back I love. Don't go to the outside and Big chunk plays. Just feed it up the gut and if a hole opens then Barrel your way in. Leave the chunk plays to the passing game or the receivers.

Honestly. I Believe that Football is a Violent sport and I believe that we need to get back to those days where we smack them in the mouths' and then let them get back out and smack them again

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow a lot of you like to talk big shit about how bad such and such is and how such and such needs to be fired but no one is willing to put yourself out there and "fix the Hawks"

Well I'm not a big talker but I think that this team is doomed until Pete goes. We will probably bounce back and be a winning team but we just don't have the talent or design to be a super bowl winning team.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in Maui on vacation But as long as Pete’s around, we’re really not gonna get any better in my opinion

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense: I think its a real shame Eskridge got hurt. Feels like his speed is a game changer, especially on those WR sweeps the Rams use to run so much. His threat should always give the other guys more chances to get open. I'd like to see him become a solid part of the offense when he gets back.

Defense: Give Flowers a 1 way ticket to anywhere but Seattle. It's addition by subtraction. As for the Dline, we have the guys to play, they just need to do it.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main problem I see with the defensive playbook is that no one wants them to play more aggressively. They even try, OOPS, DUMB PENALTY MADE. Start by teaching a little discipline, THEN try some aggressive D.

Too much reliance on zone is what kills them in the end, so if we can avoid staying on those pages in the playbook too long, the longer the better.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense: I think its a real shame Eskridge got hurt. Feels like his speed is a game changer, especially on those WR sweeps the Rams use to run so much. His threat should always give the other guys more chances to get open. I'd like to see him become a solid part of the offense when he gets back.

Defense: Give Flowers a 1 way ticket to anywhere but Seattle. It's addition by subtraction. As for the Dline, we have the guys to play, they just need to do it.
I feel bad for Flowers as I also blame the scheme. But Flowers has always been bad to mediocre.

Maybe they should try switching him back to S, where he excelled in college before this failed transition to CB experiment.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main problem I see with the defensive playbook is that no one wants them to play more aggressively. They even try, OOPS, DUMB PENALTY MADE. Start by teaching a little discipline, THEN try some aggressive D.

Too much reliance on zone is what kills them in the end, so if we can avoid staying on those pages in the playbook too long, the longer the better.

And Offense?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Flowers as I also blame the scheme. But Flowers has always been bad to mediocre.

Maybe they should try switching him back to S, where he excelled in college before this failed transition to CB experiment.

Offense?

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense, yeah, there are holes there, too, but it's more than just an O-line that can't adjust to a new coordinator. There might be plays they haven't tried yet, either. Russell feels pressured when everyone else has fallen flat, hence the constant long ball. Still, know when you can "nickel and dime" the opponent's D. They see you throwing long a lot, they know you're panicking. Give 'em what they won't expect.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the offense will be fine. They have shown they can be effective but have lacked the ability to do so consistently. The talent is there. They should come around.

I largely blame the coaching for the 2nd half swoons. The PC era has been noted for the teams' performances in 2nd halves but the opposition has made far better adjustments thus far.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why adams is so highly thought of, he is an average starting safety. He couldn't carry kam chancellor's jock strap

He’s not an enforcer like Kam, no one is really, Kam was like a linebacker playing safety with coverage skills … Adams is incredibly gifted athletically, he’s a burner, tons of speed, incredible at blitzing the QB, he’s got video game speed in that area, but Seattle isn’t utilizing that anymore he’s just back in coverage now, which I don’t understand, you gotta send him more, he’s a disrupter in that area, unleash that weapon sometimes …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the one of the biggest problems! Seattle relies way too much on zone coverage and we make little to no adjustments when teams start picking us apart…Teams just prepare for our zones with no worries… Also, we never blitz ! Like NEVER… Maybe an occasional LB blitz, but when’s the last time we sent 2 LB’s a corner, safety ? We need to show teams that sometimes we will do that, just so they at least need to think about it … We just have this conservative view on defense, we don’t take any risks, just keep the offense in front of you, that’s it … Yesterday we actually ran man coverage on some key 3rd downs and it confused Garoppolo, he was fully expecting zone you could tell … We gotta get better at play calling on D, we gotta show blitz packages on occasion, run man… Norton always runs back to his conservative way’s even if it’s failing miserably… He’s a boring coach, nothing innovative, never wants to take risks …

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would make a simple fix.

When we are up don’t go into pussy mode, keep going as if you’re still down.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time to revisit this thread I think.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really isn't anyway to fix this teams defense until the off-season. We all know the DC won't be moved until the off-season so what we see is what we get for the remainder of the year.