• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Be the GM, Fix the Hawks!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we end up over .500 at seasons end, just a gut feeling… A lot depends on today’s results though… WE need this win against a very beatable team today … 3-5 going into the bye with Russ coming back is huge, 2-6 going into the bye and it’s almost lights out, that’s hard to overcome… Today’s game is a big one for this season, so Geno better play smart enough ..

I think they have a good shot at 10-7 and if they do finish 10-7 they most likely make the playoffs. The Defense is the best part of this team right now. That is shocking to even say when you look at how bad they have been lol.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby is Having a good start. He is on pace to set a new NFL record in tackles for a season. Granted it is a 17 game season but hey a lot of records will now fall. Still he would be on pace to beat the old one by like 8 tackles so that's a games worth just not for someone like Bobby. lol

2K mark receiving will fall now and many more, TD passes etc etc. Going to rewrite a lot of record books and if it jumps to 18 games in 2024 then once again more will fall. Season feels wrong with a odd number of games. Right now I would gladly have a 2 game preseason and a 18 game season. Just as long as they increase the roster size.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade deadline tomorrow at 1pm EST... I HOPE we are not buyers tomorrow but sellers... We need to keep/gain the picks we have... I can see LJ Collier being moved tomorrow for a 4th or 5th rounder... I hope the team tries to trade R. Penny as well... Sadly though, Penny hasn't shown much with the carries he's gotten the past few weeks... Penny to the Titans has a nice ring to it...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel pretty strongly it's time for a change at HC. Pete has been great, but I think we need some fresh ideas at the top. He wants to approach the game like we have the LOB in their prime and Lynch running the ball, and it's just not there. What's the point of changing OCs a couple times in 3 years and bringing in a guy like Waldron if you aren't going to embrace it in the gameplan? I felt it was time to move on from Pete after the horrible playoff loss to the Rams, but I got tricked into renewing hope during the off-season when we supposedly brought in the Rams offense. After a half season, I think I'm back to where I was in Jan. If there's an idea in the organization that PC & RW can't co-exist any longer, then it's Russell we need to keep because he's the rare commodity in this marriage. I just can't see us making it any further than we have the last few years with a 1964 approach to offense. In a sim world, I would love to see what Mike Holmgren could do with this group of offensive talent; we have way too much of it to have struggled so frequently this year (and the 2nd half of 2020).

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade deadline tomorrow at 1pm EST... I HOPE we are not buyers tomorrow but sellers... We need to keep/gain the picks we have... I can see LJ Collier being moved tomorrow for a 4th or 5th rounder... I hope the team tries to trade R. Penny as well... Sadly though, Penny hasn't shown much with the carries he's gotten the past few weeks... Penny to the Titans has a nice ring to it...

Basically everyone on the team outside of Wilson and Metcalf are 7th round picks. Give me ONE player outside of those two that would give us more than a 7th rounder given a) injury history b) salary, c) age...

Face it... we're stuck with the mess Schneider/Carroll created.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we did not Buy but I was hoping we would sell for some mid round picks in 2022. This team needs to start getting a infusion of young talent. The Hawks are a young team but that doesn't mean they are loaded with young talent. To many "fringe" roster players getting lots of playing time.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess this thread is as good as any to make a season thread out of ... seeing as this season we need a lot of "fixing".

Hawks are 1 game out of a playoff spot with 8 games to go. We all know there is to much offensive talent on this team to be so bad. They were awful the 2nd half of last year and really have not been good this year minus a game or 2. I am not to shocked as seeing how the Rams last year couldn't do much with out a running game. When they didn't get the running game going the passing game didn't work for them and we have no running game so why do we think it would be different? It's not the players it's the play calling and the QB's decision making. These games have been bad and Russell has all ready missed like a dozen open WIDE OPEN WR in this season.

We got to be more inventive with our play calling, start stacking Lockett and DK to take away the double team on at least one of them. Get someone else working in the Passing game be it Everett or Dissly or Swain, ANYONE! Someone has to start becoming a weapon. Fix the running game ASAP! If Wilsons height is the reason he cant dump off to Running backs on screens then role him out more. They have to do something to get Wilson going because we all know when he gets hot he becomes one of the if not THE best QB in the league.

The talent on this offense is just not being used to it's "STRENGTHS"!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess this thread is as good as any to make a season thread out of ... seeing as this season we need a lot of "fixing".

Hawks are 1 game out of a playoff spot with 8 games to go. We all know there is to much offensive talent on this team to be so bad. They were awful the 2nd half of last year and really have not been good this year minus a game or 2. I am not to shocked as seeing how the Rams last year couldn't do much with out a running game. When they didn't get the running game going the passing game didn't work for them and we have no running game so why do we think it would be different? It's not the players it's the play calling and the QB's decision making. These games have been bad and Russell has all ready missed like a dozen open WIDE OPEN WR in this season.

We got to be more inventive with our play calling, start stacking Lockett and DK to take away the double team on at least one of them. Get someone else working in the Passing game be it Everett or Dissly or Swain, ANYONE! Someone has to start becoming a weapon. Fix the running game ASAP! If Wilsons height is the reason he cant dump off to Running backs on screens then role him out more. They have to do something to get Wilson going because we all know when he gets hot he becomes one of the if not THE best QB in the league.

The talent on this offense is just not being used to it's "STRENGTHS"!
It's extremely disappointing to see this offense struggle since Russ and company brought in their guy from a team that has a very creative offense.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have a good shot at 10-7 and if they do finish 10-7 they most likely make the playoffs. The Defense is the best part of this team right now. That is shocking to even say when you look at how bad they have been lol.
That 10-7 is looking more like 3-14...our only hope is to have a tie game with Detroit at this point.

Something about this downfall that bothers me, and that's Pete's game plan. Throwing a QB in when just coming off the finger injury last week, just so the other team can read him like a copy of Dick & Jane, and KEEPING him in there to be more obvious! At least with Geno, despite late blunders, he was able to nickel and dime the other defense with short plays, but Russ just doesn't want to do that, and neither does Pete.

Carroll's pretty much sabotaged the whole season, and he just doesn't seem to care. My only hope is that the delay for the post-game conference was someone in the higher offices delivering an ultimatum...if they're not about to can him first!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m convinced that Pete was just lucky the first three years in terms of drafts. And he’s not as good as advertised

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m convinced that Pete was just lucky the first three years in terms of drafts. And he’s not as good as advertised

Come on you guys this is crazy. It's bad yes it's real bad but Pete is not a bad coach, the scheme now that's a different story. Also Wilson refuses to nickel and dime that's on Wilson. To be honest this offense got lucky they started off a little hot or this team might be 1-9. Offense is the worst one we have ever had under Pete and I repeat what I said over a month ago, I would take Bevell back in a heart beat. Yes his play calling was predictable but it was also hard to stop even being predictable.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on you guys this is crazy. It's bad yes it's real bad but Pete is not a bad coach, the scheme now that's a different story. Also Wilson refuses to nickel and dime that's on Wilson. To be honest this offense got lucky they started off a little hot or this team might be 1-9. Offense is the worst one we have ever had under Pete and I repeat what I said over a month ago, I would take Bevell back in a heart beat. Yes his play calling was predictable but it was also hard to stop even being predictable.

giphy.gif

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a whole thing about how Pete had a leg up on a lot of coaches/GMs because he was coming from the college scene and knew a lot of the players especially richard sherman as he played against him in Stanford. Now with time removed from college his actual sense using scouts, combines, pro days and having the same level assessment as other coaches now shows his inability to draft.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a whole thing about how Pete had a leg up on a lot of coaches/GMs because he was coming from the college scene and knew a lot of the players especially richard sherman as he played against him in Stanford. Now with time removed from college his actual sense using scouts, combines, pro days and having the same level assessment as other coaches now shows his inability to draft.
I'm wondering why we even drafted Eskridge if we're not going to utilize him... He barely even played yesterday... Is he another failed 1st round draft pick? Let's look at our other picks in the top 2 rounds each year... Brooks? Collier? D. Taylor? Penny? M. Blair? McDowell? Ifedi? Pocic? None of these players have made their mark on this team... J. Reed and F. Clark were the only two players to have made a mark on this team and their gone... This is why our team is 3-7... Our cupboard is bare... We trade (2) 1st rounders for J. Adams and we don't even utilize him correctly... He was an elite player in NYJ because of his pass rushing skillz - not coverage skillz... What do we do? We put him in coverage far too much...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering why we even drafted Eskridge if we're not going to utilize him... He barely even played yesterday... Is he another failed 1st round draft pick? Let's look at our other picks in the top 2 rounds each year... Brooks? Collier? D. Taylor? Penny? M. Blair? McDowell? Ifedi? Pocic? None of these players have made their mark on this team... J. Reed and F. Clark were the only two players to have made a mark on this team and their gone... This is why our team is 3-7... Our cupboard is bare... We trade (2) 1st rounders for J. Adams and we don't even utilize him correctly... He was an elite player in NYJ because of his pass rushing skillz - not coverage skillz... What do we do? We put him in coverage far too much...

Actually Adams Pass coverage skills for the Jets were in the 70-80 rating, he has been 50 and sub 50 for the Hawks in that same area. Adams also plays at or near the LoS at close to 70% of his snaps this season. He has rushed the passer a lot but has generated almost 0 pressure because rushing a SS is a gimmick and teams roll the TE to his side and thats all they need to do to stop him. It's not like he is as big and strong as Kam was, he gets shut down as soon as someone blocks him be it a TE or a RB. They were not blocking him last year. Adams PD ( passes defensed )

6 PD 2 Sacks
12 PD 3.5 Sacks
7 PD 6.5 Sacks
3 PD 9.5 Sacks

that Sack number he had in 2020 is a fantasy and his Pass Defense and skill to do so dropped massively at the cost of those sacks. Adams is on pace to have 4 to 5 PD on the season and 0 sacks. Thats is not because they are using him wrong it's because he is a solid to borderline great SS but he is not a "GREAT" SS but is paid like a great HoF QB ( when taking into account the draft picks given up for him)

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what gets me? What was this seasons big thing they talked about in the offseason workouts and training camp? What did they say they were focusing a lot of attention to? do any of you remember?

3rd downs. They talked a lot about 3rd downs and converting them, improving their 3rd down Offense and defense. Well the Defense 3rd down ranking is not to bad and sit 9th best at stopping teams on 3rd down but the Offense OH MY GOD! they are so bad. Anyway I was just thinking about how I really never thought the issue this training camp and preseason was they needed work on 3rd downs but that they needed work on DB's and pressures lol. Yes they have had issues with it before but for them to talk about it all preseason and training camp and have it one of the main focuses to now be one of the worst offenses at converting 3rd downs in the NFL is just ... eerie.

We have never seen this team with Wilson struggle THIS BADLY on 3rd downs, it really is just so strange. Wilson is the perfect 3rd down type QB when I think about how you want arm accuracy, ability to get it with your legs, ability to stay alive and the ability to WILL his team to convert. Our Offensive Coordinator is starting to feel more like a saboteur to be honest.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what gets me? What was this seasons big thing they talked about in the offseason workouts and training camp? What did they say they were focusing a lot of attention to? do any of you remember?

3rd downs. They talked a lot about 3rd downs and converting them, improving their 3rd down Offense and defense. Well the Defense 3rd down ranking is not to bad and sit 9th best at stopping teams on 3rd down but the Offense OH MY GOD! they are so bad. Anyway I was just thinking about how I really never thought the issue this training camp and preseason was they needed work on 3rd downs but that they needed work on DB's and pressures lol. Yes they have had issues with it before but for them to talk about it all preseason and training camp and have it one of the main focuses to now be one of the worst offenses at converting 3rd downs in the NFL is just ... eerie.

We have never seen this team with Wilson struggle THIS BADLY on 3rd downs, it really is just so strange. Wilson is the perfect 3rd down type QB when I think about how you want arm accuracy, ability to get it with your legs, ability to stay alive and the ability to WILL his team to convert. Our Offensive Coordinator is starting to feel more like a saboteur to be honest.

This has been a problem for a while. Seattle gets really predictable on third down. 3rd and long? Screen or draw. 3rd and Short? Run up the middle or home run pass attempt. It's probably an exaggeration, but this is about 90% of what the play calling on 3rd down is.

I started noticing it at the beginning of last year, but it was working, so no one would've found it more than nit-picking to complain about a deep fade on 3rd and 2 when Metcalf made the catch for a huge gain. But, when the defenses adjusted to Seattle's offense, the play calling really didn't.

We're on a 19 game stretch where the offense has been bad, Russell has been below average and the team is 9-10. I don't see this changing without a huge change in offensive philosophy and Russ playing better.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been a problem for a while. Seattle gets really predictable on third down. 3rd and long? Screen or draw. 3rd and Short? Run up the middle or home run pass attempt. It's probably an exaggeration, but this is about 90% of what the play calling on 3rd down is.

I started noticing it at the beginning of last year, but it was working, so no one would've found it more than nit-picking to complain about a deep fade on 3rd and 2 when Metcalf made the catch for a huge gain. But, when the defenses adjusted to Seattle's offense, the play calling really didn't.

We're on a 19 game stretch where the offense has been bad, Russell has been below average and the team is 9-10. I don't see this changing without a huge change in offensive philosophy and Russ playing better.

Seattle completed 40.2% of their 3rd downs last season. Not great but it was no where near the 32% they have this year. 42% or better is where we should be. Believe it or not in 2013 their 3rd down percentage was only 37% but they also had the leagues best defense. Under Pete there has never been a team with a worst 3rd down conversion rate than the 2021 Seahawks.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle completed 40.2% of their 3rd downs last season. Not great but it was no where near the 32% they have this year. 42% or better is where we should be. Believe it or not in 2013 their 3rd down percentage was only 37% but they also had the leagues best defense. Under Pete there has never been a team with a worst 3rd down conversion rate than the 2021 Seahawks.

True, but they were significantly better at the beginning of the year last year than the end. The last 7 games (including playoffs) where at 34-35% or something like that. The reason I show that is just a reminder that the offense this year is really an extension of the offense last year's second half. Other than a couple early performances, this offense has been putrid.