• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Be the GM, Fix the Hawks!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I hear he may never see the field and is brought in because the veteran presents in the RB room is getting very small. I also hear that none of the vet RB want to be "Leaders". This is all about just getting a body in here that knows what it means to be a NFL RB.

Hawks need to draft a RB in 2022 draft no if's and's or but's about it.
I see. Ok, that makes sense having a vet around to mentor. Yes, I do agree they have to draft a RB. Those mid rounds they can find good solid RBs.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone find it strange that Seattle did not allow another point on Defense once Adams was knocked out of the game? Don't just blow it off either, That shouldn't ever be the case with someone that costed the capital he did. Also before you all just call me a hater you are wrong, I like Adams he is just not worth the Capital we gave up for him, Make him a linebacker or something because he is almost as bad as Brooks in coverage.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone find it strange that Seattle did not allow another point on Defense once Adams was knocked out of the game? Don't just blow it off either, That shouldn't ever be the case with someone that costed the capital he did. Also before you all just call me a hater you are wrong, I like Adams he is just not worth the Capital we gave up for him, Make him a linebacker or something because he is almost as bad as Brooks in coverage.

Up until today's game Adams' passer rating allowed is mid 70s.... Brooks is nearly 110. Not trying to sound like a dick but what the hell are you talking about?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up until today's game Adams' passer rating allowed is mid 70s.... Brooks is nearly 110. Not trying to sound like a dick but what the hell are you talking about?

Adams was on Kittle most of the first half How was kittles stats in the 1st half? oh that's right 5 rec 121 yards 24.2 YPC and 2 TD's. Also the 49ers scored 23 points and when Adams went out right at the end of the 2nd Quarter the 49ers could no longer do a damn thing. Kittles 2nd half was 4 rec for 60 yards 15 YPC 0TD's Not bad but not even close to his first half romp. Yes Adams had been playing better than HE himself had been playing but I saw a much better Pass defense in the 2nd half with Adams not on the field. It took up until around the 3 minute mark of the 4th quarter for the 49ers to cross the 50 yard line for the first time in the whole 2nd half!

We know what Adams brings but his talent doesn't seem to help "this team" Make him a linebacker I think would be the best bet but hell he can't handle the beating he puts his body through all ready so maybe not. Messed up his wrist pretty good today. Didn't look good the way it flopped around and the way he held it when going off the field. Fingers crossed it's only a minor injury.

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams was on Kittle most of the first half How was kittles stats in the 1st half? oh that's right 5 rec 121 yards 24.2 YPC and 2 TD's. Also the 49ers scored 23 points and when Adams went out right at the end of the 2nd Quarter the 49ers could no longer do a damn thing. Kittles 2nd half was 4 rec for 60 yards 15 YPC 0TD's Not bad but not even close to his first half romp. Yes Adams had been playing better than HE himself had been playing but I saw a much better Pass defense in the 2nd half with Adams not on the field. It took up until around the 3 minute mark of the 4th quarter for the 49ers to cross the 50 yard line for the first time in the whole 2nd half!

We know what Adams brings but his talent doesn't seem to help "this team" Make him a linebacker I think would be the best bet but hell he can't handle the beating he puts his body through all ready so maybe not. Messed up his wrist pretty good today. Didn't look good the way it flopped around and the way he held it when going off the field. Fingers crossed it's only a minor injury.

I understand that Adams has been a let down this year. I get it, but Kittle's big day wasn't because Adams let him loose in the first half. The first touchdown, it was Reed on Kittle and Diggs was too late getting deep to provide help. Adams doesn't share the picture with Kittle at any point during that play.

Kittle's 28 yard catch on 3rd and 2 that led to their second touchdown was Adams. He got sucked up on a play action and couldn't get back and Diggs had to make the stop. I'll even give you that Kittle juked him into diving unnecessarily for the tackle and got another 12 yards. But, Kittle's next catch was a zone sit between Wagner and Austin (Adams went to the flat to cover Juszcycklkhsdfopqngnwe), so another 11 yards, but not because Adams (and not sure there was really anyone who could've stopped that, as it was a scheme killer). Then it was a simple in route that Adams tackles him immediately for a 9 yard gain. Finally, Adams wasn't at fault on the 48 yard TD catch and run (he's playing the edge on the left side, it's Neal who gets sucked up on the play action and scrambles to get back). Adams was never even close to being involved in that play.

So, yes. Kittle caught 5 passes for 120 yards and 2 touchdowns, but Adams allowed 2 for 37 yards and no scores. On top of that, Kittle's two biggest plays in the second half were Neal screw ups.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams out for the season, @&&@@& well, that’s just great … I’m still aggravated we gave up 2 first round picks for him, he’s a talent but I don’t like letting go of top picks EVER …

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, my thoughts on what I would like to see the rest of the season.

Offense:

1) Rashaad Penny is by far the best running back we have active on the team right now. He's currently healthy. Ride him until his legs fall off. It is probably his last season - so use him while you have him.

2) By extension, stop running every running play right up the middle. That's not gonna be Penny's game. He shouldn't have to bounce the play to get to an opening, otherwise get stuffed. Don't abandon the middle, but run more off tackle and make the defensive line cover every gap and not just clog up the middle.

3) Go back to more 2 TE sets. Everett may be the flashier player, but Dissley is less likely to make big mistakes. Get them both involved, since both can block in the running game, but are also very good receiving threats so defenses can't just stack the line to stop the run. We can even split them out and possibly throw the WR screen with TEs in front instead of undersized WRs. Also, run more under center snaps to capitalize on the run happy formation and play action passes.

4) Stop throwing WR screens against man coverage. This has been a peeve of mine for years, so I don't think it'll change, but it needs to.

5) Have DK consistently run the entire route tree. Make defenses worry about where he's gonna run, and not just have to figure out if he's doing a hitch, out or fly. He can do it, just have him do it.

6) Every pass play should have some combo routes, including a hot route for outlet. There shouldn't ever be a play that has 5 routes, all requiring 3 seconds to develop, unless it's a desperation hail mary.

7) 3rd and 3 or less shouldn't be a 20 yard fade. I know it's been successful in the past, but it hasn't worked with any consistency for the last year and a half.

8) Motion, motion, motion. Nearly every offensive snap should include one or more motions to make the defense react and possibly tip its hand pre snap. This is what I had hoped would happen with the hiring of Waldron, but we actually motion less than we used to.

Defense:

1) Run more stunts and team rush concepts. Seattle has always been reluctant to do anything but rush straight at the OLine. Granted it exposes the DLine against the run, but I'm not advocating for every down, but passing situations should include more movement. Our rush concepts are possibly the easiest in the NFL to block.

2) Neal will need to step up. He's better in coverage, but he's also more prone to mistakes. They've shown they will use him similarly to Adams, and have even blitzed him more this year in relation to his snaps than they have Adams. It's unfortunate that Blair's gone, cause it would be nice to have the two hard hitting safeties on the field together right now.

3) With the issues we're having in coverage, Cody Barton needs to be playing more at LB than Mayowa and possibly on passing downs more than Brooks. We need to get Barton's coverage skills on the field. It's a little weird that he's only had 3 defensive snaps the last 9 games.

4) The defense has played well overall (all things considered), but I wouldn't mind seeing some more aggression and putting pressure on opposing offenses and not go into prevent the second we have a 3 point lead.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@blstoker

Your #2 on Defense I just want to talk a little about.

Neal has played a lot for this team as Adams has missed a lot of snaps over his 1 and 3/4ths of a season. After this season he will have missed 9+ games in 2 seasons, Neal has been the primary replacement for him. I think Blair would have been had he stayed healthy last year or This year to be honest but Neal has played well. No he is no Jamal Adams not even close but he adds a different dimension to the defense and has been more successful than Adams at blitzing lately. The way the defense played in the 2nd half against the 49ers just looked more complete and sound than they have been playing with Adams. The 49ers did not score a point in the 2nd half after putting up 23 in the first half, I have confidence in this defense even with out Adams.

Ryan Neal at 6 foot 3 has good size but his weight at that height ( 200 pounds ) is a little light. Neal has a nice bonus of a 37 inch vert and a sub 4.5 40 yard dash at around 4.47, that's only 0.04 slower than Earl Thomas was coming out of College and Tyler Lockett! Adams had a vert of 31 and a 40 of 4.56. The size and vert gives Neal 9 inches on Adams, meaning he can cover almost a foot more with just his size with out adding in his 10th of a second faster 40 speed ( that's about 1 and a half feet at speed ). Ryan Neal has the tools to replace Jamal but he will not be used in the same way we all know that and the way he is used I think makes this defense better, heck Neal got 2 INT's before Jamal, even though he has had a lot less time ( Snaps ) on the field than Jamal. Yeah he is not Jamal but they do not play him like Jamal. I'm excited to see this young guy play more, he did good last year when he got his shot.

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@blstoker

Your #2 on Defense I just want to talk a little about.

Neal has played a lot for this team as Adams has missed a lot of snaps over his 1 and 3/4ths of a season. After this season he will have missed 9+ games in 2 seasons, Neal has been the primary replacement for him. I think Blair would have been had he stayed healthy last year or This year to be honest but Neal has played well. No he is no Jamal Adams not even close but he adds a different dimension to the defense and has been more successful than Adams at blitzing lately. The way the defense played in the 2nd half against the 49ers just looked more complete and sound than they have been playing with Adams. The 49ers did not score a point in the 2nd half after putting up 23 in the first half, I have confidence in this defense even with out Adams.

Ryan Neal at 6 foot 3 has good size but his weight at that height ( 200 pounds ) is a little light. Neal has a nice bonus of a 37 inch vert and a sub 4.5 40 yard dash at around 4.47, that's only 0.04 slower than Earl Thomas was coming out of College and Tyler Lockett! Adams had a vert of 31 and a 40 of 4.56. The size and vert gives Neal 9 inches on Adams, meaning he can cover almost a foot more with just his size with out adding in his 10th of a second faster 40 speed ( that's about 1 and a half feet at speed ). Ryan Neal has the tools to replace Jamal but he will not be used in the same way we all know that and the way he is used I think makes this defense better, heck Neal got 2 INT's before Jamal, even though he has had a lot less time ( Snaps ) on the field than Jamal. Yeah he is not Jamal but they do not play him like Jamal. I'm excited to see this young guy play more, he did good last year when he got his shot.

I like Neal. I really do. I think he brings a lot to the table and is willing to mix it up wherever he's needed. I think he's been a hugely solid player for the team, and he's filled in at nearly every DB position at one time or another. He's really very versatile, and has been able to be used in various ways when he's been in there. He may never be a consistent starter in the league, but he's definitely a very good reserve for when your starter goes down.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have come back..from thinking...mariners...cuz...seahawks...had been loosing...now it seems enough..people are back...that they can win again..
russell..needs time to create....
a couple more secs..at least...30secs...and he can catch his breath....

suggest..new guards./ot.........adding to oL................damien lewis...backup C/OG...ok then..

then a center peace..for.. the defence......to work with...ford...4-3 base..morphing..hybread......ford at3tech.for run
dt clemson...tyler davis...replaces

..and this is spacific...
trade for phili...1st round...#17or 13....they cant afford..3 1st round picks anyway...trade for detroit..1st round #24..
no big..tradeing 2 years of future picks...for the seahawks anyway.....

so iwas successful at getting..n. c...guard..
1 G Ikem Ekwonu - n.c.
2 DL Jordan Davis...georgia...seahawks run defence improves..dt..and ford at 3 tech for run

3 OT Jaxson Kirkland - Washington... lg..hopefully like hutchenson of old....
these guys will work..for ogs....and teams will want to trade for them later......which will work..for the seahawkes..when the time is right..
4edge..or de..green maybe to de..

5de or edge...

6 georgia edge
7wR....that will be turned..into...s/cb...have to look hard for these...guys...they are there

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dominant...defencive...line...makes...dominant....defence....other team cant score.......other team cant win....

offencive line stabalizers....x2...russell...is not getting any younger...

fresno...state...qb..

wake forest...qb

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cosider this one a miss......o tge clock...simulator..

12: R1 P12 DL Jordan Davis - Georgia
24: R1 P24 EDGE Kingsley Enagbare - South Carolina
46: R2 P14 G Ikem Ekwonu - North Carolina State
56: R2 P24 OT Sean Rhyan - UCLA
116: R4 P14 EDGE DeAngelo Malone - Western Kentucky
118: R4 P16 QB Sam Hartman - Wake Forest
148: R5 P6 QB Jake Haener - Fresno State
156: R5 P14 DL Zacch Pickens - South Carolina
158: R5 P16 LB Payton Wilson - North Carolina State
225: R7 P6 WR Joseph Ngata - Clemson

what i was looking for...on...round 5 p16...is a lbedge...tweener....

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
total yards........26th......need the dominant...d -line..making the secondary...look good as well....

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i consider this a bit better....ill keep....working on it..

3: R1 P13 DL Jordan Davis - Georgia
24: R1 P24 G Ikem Ekwonu - North Carolina State
46: R2 P14 EDGE Sam Williams - Ole Miss
70: R3 P6 EDGE DeAngelo Malone - Western Kentucky
106: R4 P4 DL Tyler Davis - Clemson
108: R4 P6 QB Sam Hartman - Wake Forest
225: R7 P6 DL Cameron Thomas - San Diego State

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i consider this a bit better....ill keep....working on it..

3: R1 P13 DL Jordan Davis - Georgia
24: R1 P24 G Ikem Ekwonu - North Carolina State
46: R2 P14 EDGE Sam Williams - Ole Miss
70: R3 P6 EDGE DeAngelo Malone - Western Kentucky
106: R4 P4 DL Tyler Davis - Clemson
108: R4 P6 QB Sam Hartman - Wake Forest
225: R7 P6 DL Cameron Thomas - San Diego State

No Running back? You want to go into 2022 with the RB that are currently on the team? we will end up under .500 again.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the offencive line...that you..start..the game..with...is not the one..that wins..the game...a lot of times...

ya need....2 0g/ot..2te 2ot2og...1oc1oc/og...and hopefuly.0one of your te..can play ot or og...but..ok..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Running back? You want to go into 2022 with the RB that are currently on the team? we will end up under .500 again.
rb...does not make the play....where..there is no hole.....yes...i will..take the ones they have....

wrong...you will end up 500...again...if you do not adress...the O-line

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next...i ..will hire...coach..mora...as D cordinator...and yes...he will run...petes..def...the way...pete wants it...which...is to say...
they will work together...
next....
mike leach...offence coordinte....

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mike leach====create...he will..make a leach..west coast ofence...with what they have..and a couple more .. oline