• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Be the GM, Fix the Hawks!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but they were significantly better at the beginning of the year last year than the end. The last 7 games (including playoffs) where at 34-35% or something like that. The reason I show that is just a reminder that the offense this year is really an extension of the offense last year's second half. Other than a couple early performances, this offense has been putrid.

no doubt we all know the struggles we had at the end of last season on offense, those have continued and have actually gotten WORSE than last year.

I expected some struggles from the offense to start the year but there is no excuse now. They have to do better and with the talent on this team and to only be better than 2 teams in the NFL is just a joke. Pete says they don't stay on the field long enough but even if they did they are still ranked 20th in the league in Yards per play on offense. Still not good enough.

This offense is very very broken right now.

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tyler Lockett — the route running technician and resident veteran of the Seattle Seahawks’ receiving corps — had some important words to say following the team’s latest soul crushingly abysmal performance.

While most post-game attention has gone to Pete Carroll and his “storm out/return with tail tucked” performance in his presser, Lockett’s bold assessment is far more impactful in its earnestness. If this statement is indeed accurate — and I see no reason to doubt that it is — this is perhaps the biggest bombshell to drop as the Seahawks descend the long winding staircase into the NFCellar.

Tyler Lockett is often a quiet leader; he plays with emotion, but he doesn’t let his emotions play with him; he doesn’t complain when he doesn’t get the ball; and he routinely puts on route running and pass catching clinics against whoever is unfortunate enough to line up across from him. So when he has something to say, his voice should be heard. But the problem is that nobody is listening.

Wilson Conn detailed the disagreement in the post game presser notes. As seemingly insignificant as this may seem on the surface, it points at a problem that goes so much deeper; Pete Carroll is the proverbial lost man who is afraid to ask for directions; too brash to know how lost he really is and too old fashioned to use modern technology as a guide. Ditto for Russell Wilson.

Tyler Lockett — an experienced traveler, himself, by NFL standards — offers his input and it is quickly shot down by the coach and quarterback who seem to be convinced of only two things: (1) that they don’t have the answer, but (2) the answer is definitely not what Lockett is suggesting.

And why are they so damn sure? Because Tyler Lockett’s answer suggests that there isn’t a quick fix. The answer isn’t simply to “play better” or “execute.” Therein lies the systemic dysfunction of these Seattle Seahawks: their coaching and gameplanning are simply out of sync with reality.

Michael-Shawn Dugar goes into greater detail on this and other issues in his piece on the latest loss to Arizona. What struck me the most is just how obtuse Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson have really become in defeat; they are oblivious to their own complacency. Through all of this, I can’t help but be reminded of something that I learned in a workplace related training that has stuck with me for years; to paraphrase — in a situation where things aren’t working, whoever can identify the problem without assigning blame will emerge as the leader. Carroll and Wilson are too busy either denying that there is a problem or blaming the team’s poor execution. To be fair, both acknowledge their own share of the blame, but this really does little good for anybody. Tyler Lockett, on the other hand, has a thought. And it is a good one. And if this team has any hope of salvaging itself — not from a season that is already lost, but from a future of all but certain implosion — it is going to start with listening to some of the players who have something to say.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waldron is the one that has to adjust the offense, he is so green I don't think he can. He has NEVER called plays before ever. He has to be the one controlling the game and understanding what teams are doing to stop you. That s the OC Job and he has been pretty much a failure so far. Growing pains? Sure but maybe he just isn't OC material? Rams just patted him on the back as he walked out the door saying thanks but not much else. I have a feeling they knew this was most likely not going to work out for the Hawks. He just is not ready it seems to be a OC. Before, the play calling was predictable now it's like "WTF was that call!?!?! what the ever living FOOK! was that call!?!?!?!" lol more often than not the calls make zero sense.

There was a time I would watch games and say wow that was a nice call. We all do it, unless you have been watching only Seahawks games for the past 3+ years.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Adams Pass coverage skills for the Jets were in the 70-80 rating, he has been 50 and sub 50 for the Hawks in that same area. Adams also plays at or near the LoS at close to 70% of his snaps this season. He has rushed the passer a lot but has generated almost 0 pressure because rushing a SS is a gimmick and teams roll the TE to his side and thats all they need to do to stop him. It's not like he is as big and strong as Kam was, he gets shut down as soon as someone blocks him be it a TE or a RB. They were not blocking him last year. Adams PD ( passes defensed )

6 PD 2 Sacks
12 PD 3.5 Sacks
7 PD 6.5 Sacks
3 PD 9.5 Sacks

that Sack number he had in 2020 is a fantasy and his Pass Defense and skill to do so dropped massively at the cost of those sacks. Adams is on pace to have 4 to 5 PD on the season and 0 sacks. Thats is not because they are using him wrong it's because he is a solid to borderline great SS but he is not a "GREAT" SS but is paid like a great HoF QB ( when taking into account the draft picks given up for him)
While you speak a lot of truth you also continue to make statements about Adams that are highly debatable.

*Adams is blitzing about 40% of the amount that he did last year. When he does blitz it seems to be ill disguised as I can usually call it before it happens. That is at least partially on the coaches.

*Is Adams great in coverage? No. Is he has bad as some people claim? Also no. I've supported this with stats all along and get little acknowledgement but here it goes again:
-Adams has been targeted 36 times and allowed 21 receptions, which is a 58.3% completions allowed. This is well above league average of about 67%. Solid coverage overall.
-74 tackles, which is 24th in the entire NFL including being the #2 safety in run stops.
Just to repeat: his contract isn't nearly what people state. It is a 3 year deal worth an average of $11.3 million. After that a rework or cut (yes cutting would leave dead money) as he will never see the last 2 years of base salary on the deal.

I know. Dead horse arguement by both sides at this point. At least I am willing to acknowledge his faults while his detractors seem wholly blind to his positives.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tyler Lockett — the route running technician and resident veteran of the Seattle Seahawks’ receiving corps — had some important words to say following the team’s latest soul crushingly abysmal performance.

While most post-game attention has gone to Pete Carroll and his “storm out/return with tail tucked” performance in his presser, Lockett’s bold assessment is far more impactful in its earnestness. If this statement is indeed accurate — and I see no reason to doubt that it is — this is perhaps the biggest bombshell to drop as the Seahawks descend the long winding staircase into the NFCellar.

Tyler Lockett is often a quiet leader; he plays with emotion, but he doesn’t let his emotions play with him; he doesn’t complain when he doesn’t get the ball; and he routinely puts on route running and pass catching clinics against whoever is unfortunate enough to line up across from him. So when he has something to say, his voice should be heard. But the problem is that nobody is listening.

Wilson Conn detailed the disagreement in the post game presser notes. As seemingly insignificant as this may seem on the surface, it points at a problem that goes so much deeper; Pete Carroll is the proverbial lost man who is afraid to ask for directions; too brash to know how lost he really is and too old fashioned to use modern technology as a guide. Ditto for Russell Wilson.

Tyler Lockett — an experienced traveler, himself, by NFL standards — offers his input and it is quickly shot down by the coach and quarterback who seem to be convinced of only two things: (1) that they don’t have the answer, but (2) the answer is definitely not what Lockett is suggesting.

And why are they so damn sure? Because Tyler Lockett’s answer suggests that there isn’t a quick fix. The answer isn’t simply to “play better” or “execute.” Therein lies the systemic dysfunction of these Seattle Seahawks: their coaching and gameplanning are simply out of sync with reality.

Michael-Shawn Dugar goes into greater detail on this and other issues in his piece on the latest loss to Arizona. What struck me the most is just how obtuse Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson have really become in defeat; they are oblivious to their own complacency. Through all of this, I can’t help but be reminded of something that I learned in a workplace related training that has stuck with me for years; to paraphrase — in a situation where things aren’t working, whoever can identify the problem without assigning blame will emerge as the leader. Carroll and Wilson are too busy either denying that there is a problem or blaming the team’s poor execution. To be fair, both acknowledge their own share of the blame, but this really does little good for anybody. Tyler Lockett, on the other hand, has a thought. And it is a good one. And if this team has any hope of salvaging itself — not from a season that is already lost, but from a future of all but certain implosion — it is going to start with listening to some of the players who have something to say.
Good article. Maybe PC et al need to listen to what Lockett is saying.

As we all know, this isn't just the O as Norton has seemed to fail mightly at the start of the last 2 seasons, only to improve as the year progresses. The fact that the D sucks for the first 5 weeks or so and then starts playing better 2 years in a row shows a complete lack of preparedness and that is on the coaches.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good article. Maybe PC et al need to listen to what Lockett is saying.

As we all know, this isn't just the O as Norton has seemed to fail mightly at the start of the last 2 seasons, only to improve as the year progresses. The fact that the D sucks for the first 5 weeks or so and then starts playing better 2 years in a row shows a complete lack of preparedness and that is on the coaches.

I mean, I can't know if it's accurate or not, but it does support my confirmation bias that I've felt that Russ and Pete have had their heads in the sand for a while now. There's just been this general attitude that this is has always worked in the past, so it'll work now. It's not that they aren't adjusting, it's that it appears they are refusing to adjust.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Pete and Shane simplified the offense, good maybe everyone will be on the same page and it will make things easier for them to adjust to ... not holding my breath. 2nd half adjustments from the Hawks have never existed lol

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Pete and Shane simplified the offense, good maybe everyone will be on the same page and it will make things easier for them to adjust to ... not holding my breath. 2nd half adjustments from the Hawks have never existed lol
1637786928145-png.283708

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ugh

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine as well call back Franco Harris at this point...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine as well call back Franco Harris at this point...

We've got 6 games left. If they're desperate enough to look at AP, why not bring in a player like Michael Warren, or sign someone off a practice squad like Spencer Brown, and see what the young guy has. Maybe we could find someone right now that's being overlooked and he can show something. But AP is done, this move sucks, and there's no reason to even entertain the idea of Peterson touching the ball as a Seahawk.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got 6 games left. If they're desperate enough to look at AP, why not bring in a player like Michael Warren, or sign someone off a practice squad like Spencer Brown, and see what the young guy has. Maybe we could find someone right now that's being overlooked and he can show something. But AP is done, this move sucks, and there's no reason to even entertain the idea of Peterson touching the ball as a Seahawk.

Right? Or give Josh Johnson some reps. Why the hell are they bringing up an old washed up back? You've gotta find a new one for next year... maybe try to find some YOUNG fresh legs out there desperate to make a team and see if it works? At least you're TRYING to build towards something. WTF is AP gonna do? SALVAGE the season at 3-8?!

This is everything wrong with Seattle.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is where old players come to play their final snaps. Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, Greg Olson, and now AP. Circle of life.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of seems like a last hoorah move to save the season. If Pete felt he was coming back next year maybe he would have considered running the younger guys.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of seems like a last hoorah move to save the season. If Pete felt he was coming back next year maybe he would have considered running the younger guys.

From what I hear he may never see the field and is brought in because the veteran presents in the RB room is getting very small. I also hear that none of the vet RB want to be "Leaders". This is all about just getting a body in here that knows what it means to be a NFL RB.

Hawks need to draft a RB in 2022 draft no if's and's or but's about it.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I hear he may never see the field and is brought in because the veteran presents in the RB room is getting very small. I also hear that none of the vet RB want to be "Leaders". This is all about just getting a body in here that knows what it means to be a NFL RB.

Hawks need to draft a RB in 2022 draft no if's and's or but's about it.

I can see it.

Carson's career is over. This season didn't turn out like he'd hoped signing the prove it deal this offseason. Even if he gets a contract somewhere, with his injury history it'll be for pennies of what he wants. So, I'm sure he's bitter at what's gone down and doesn't want to answer a bunch of questions from younger guys.

Penny's career is over. Since his knee injury, he's become Prosise 2.0. With his injury history he'll be lucky to get a practice squad stint next see. So, I'm sure he isn't any less bitter at his promising career becoming an injury riddled nightmare.

Collins is being treated like he's being put in the game out of desperation not because the coaching staff believes he can play. Even when he's running well, and the team needs some balance desperately, the coaches refuse to play him even half the offensive snaps. Not exactly the opportunity he must've been hoping for to revitalize his career.

That all said - we don't have a running back that the team wants to give the ball to right now, so why would we bring in someone to mentor, when what we really need is someone they can hand the ball to. I just don't see any of Seattle's running backs as anyone we need to be all that concerned with mentoring - their careers may not last long enough to utilize the lessons the mentoring may provide.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it.

Carson's career is over. This season didn't turn out like he'd hoped signing the prove it deal this offseason. Even if he gets a contract somewhere, with his injury history it'll be for pennies of what he wants. So, I'm sure he's bitter at what's gone down and doesn't want to answer a bunch of questions from younger guys.

Penny's career is over. Since his knee injury, he's become Prosise 2.0. With his injury history he'll be lucky to get a practice squad stint next see. So, I'm sure he isn't any less bitter at his promising career becoming an injury riddled nightmare.

Collins is being treated like he's being put in the game out of desperation not because the coaching staff believes he can play. Even when he's running well, and the team needs some balance desperately, the coaches refuse to play him even half the offensive snaps. Not exactly the opportunity he must've been hoping for to revitalize his career.

That all said - we don't have a running back that the team wants to give the ball to right now, so why would we bring in someone to mentor, when what we really need is someone they can hand the ball to. I just don't see any of Seattle's running backs as anyone we need to be all that concerned with mentoring - their careers may not last long enough to utilize the lessons the mentoring may provide.

Lets look at the RB room right now. Collins, Dallas and then Penny and Homer who are injured. They needed someone that could possibly play more than 10 snaps but not a ton. DJ Dallas is a gimmick player and to be honest is at best a 4th RB, Travis Homer is not much better but he is better ( His Blocking is best among the RB's )Penny is made from Crystal it seems ( Same as Carson ) and Collins has not been Healthy since like week 3.

Peterson runs hard, he is not very effective now but he runs HARD! None of our RB right now run hard, they limp at best. This late in the year signing him to a PS position for cheap is not a bad option just don't expect he is going to turn back the clock 10 years. 2.8-3.5 I believe will be his average for the Hawks. When Lynch came back what was his average? 2.2 I think but he scored like 4 TD in 2 games or something like that.