• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Be Real

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod: Isn't the NFL interesting? Hold on to the attention of millions of fans about who their favorite team will hopefully draft, become a star and win the Super Bowl. Less than a week now until the latest installment of draft so the Rams can finally win again. We mock, we grumble with each other but we all have a take on what is the best way to go. So do Fisher and Snead and they and management will decide on the direction but we as fans watch just as intense on game day. Our take although not looking at the dollar figure much is all about winning now, this game, next game, hell every game. With that I want each of us to explain how the Rams should draft. We know Best Available Player always comes up in the draft but in your terms where do you go. Names are good early but names go away as the draft goes on so later tell more position versus names. Do this without trading for now because I have even a different take if all of a sudden someone want to give us the world for #2.

#2--Robinson. OK pass skills are a learning process, but run beast he is. Who of us really thinks that Bradford will jump up and be Tom Brady? I don't. The Rams last year got back in the game after Bradford got hurt because they ran the ball. In the division with these defenses, if you can't maintain a drive and score in the end, you lose. I have wanted Watkins for the past 3 months but if I have to figure it out, the OT is the play here. Fisher has never done that but we need to run off the right side and Robinson, Saffold and hopefully Jones is ideal.

#13--HaHa, Pryor, Gilbert. Defensive backfield please. FS most but Gilbert does allow us to move Johnson inside which we do a lot of. McDonald and HaHa or Pryor is huge in the middle. A sore spot for the Rams for a long time. HaHa is a centerfielder but will come up and smack you and his closing speed on the ball in the air plus skills at seeing a play is pretty good. Learning curve from college to NFL sure but him or Pryor for that matter helps us long term and helps a pretty good defense already get better.

#44--OG, a number of good ones probably in this spot. Stay the course Fisher, get that Left OG and now we can run both sides. Again, like the Robinson pick, this is to help us now and later in this division. The Seahawks, 49ers and Cardinals all will eat us up defensively and kill Bradford again, if the line is not fixed with good players. The Rams have one of the best offensive line coaches in football, let him teach the line how to drive us to the Super Bowl.

#75 or 3rd round--could go BPA here but I will go back to #13 pick. If you got the FS then get the CB and if CB then get FS. Their is so much need for us to stop the Seahawks, 49ers and Cardinals from scoring. We should want to slow the game down, eat up clock on the ground, the number of times the offense has the ball is critical. Defense must either bring on a stop, punt or turnover for us to win in this division. Anything else in 4th place again.

#107 or 4th round--QB or OLB--If your draft went this way early then you have probably 4 starters, fixed the O-line and defensive backfield. We all know that a QB has to be taken to push Bradford and look after this year and the future. We also have a need spot at the Sam LB spot. I think QB 1st here. Take your shot with who you think is the best and if Fisher and Snead thinks say a Savage or someone they like will be there in the 5th, take the best available 4-3 OLB or BPA.

#140 or 5th round-- OLB or QB-- logic says get the other guy ya needed. You could go DT here if you want to rotate in the middle, or Center here if the OG didn't get fixed. Point is, if you fixed the line, if you fixed the backend of the defense, you got your QB of the future, pad the little needs.

Rounds 6th (2) 7th (4), draft for depth except I believe you need a FB at some point to run behind.

OK guys not what you like but it is my take. We all have one, lets hear it. I am not going to punch holes in any ones take just want to see all the sides. I value each of you and your opinion on how the get the Rams back in the super Bowl.:nod:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of Robinson at #2 because I see him playing guard until he can figure out how to pass protect, and you don't draft guards at #2. If the Rams were thinking OT, it should be Matthews.

That being said, this is my take ( without trades of course- but I think most of us are hoping for some ).

#2- Khalil Mack- he's not a popular pick at #2 ( Watkins and Robinson are ), but this guy would solidify our front 7 and you can be sure Williams will find plenty of ways to move him around ( even playing some DE ). He's better than any other OLBer in the draft and more versatile too. You could argue he fills 2 needs at OLB and backup DE when Long and Quinn need breathers.

#13- Justin Gilbert- this pick is a tough call because it's hard to predict who may fall out of the top 10 that wasn't expected. That being said, I go with a shut down CB. Pryor or HaHa are popular picks here but I think they can address the safety position later as the drop off isn't as drastic at safety as it is between Gilbert/Dennard and all the other CB's.

#44- G/S- this pick comes down to best value between Guard and Safety. Gabe Jackson, Deone Bucannon come to mind and would be great value here.

#75- G/S- whichever wasn't selected in the 2nd should be drafted here. Dozier, Bailey and Dixon come to mind here.

5th round- QB/OT- whichever is better value here. The options for QB and OT get very slim after the 5th round. I could easily see the Rams trading up in this round to grab either of these positions by using their extra late round picks. I think they lean toward QB.

6th- RB- they need a decent backup to Stacy and I'm not sold on Cunningham with his fumble issues. Crowell and Thomas come to mind here.

7th- OT and depth at any position besides RB. DT/CB/S/LB/OT etc could use more depth even though most have been addressed already.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being real is pretty easy when we have another month to look at the draft. Is it Week 1 yet?

-Clowney is going #1. He just is.
-There is a very real trade market for Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans. The fact that teams like Evans and to a lesser extent Beckham so much actually lessens that market for Watkins. Still, I could see Cleveland, Buffalo, Oakland and Detroit wanting to trade up.
-Atlanta probably really wants Greg Robinson or Khalil Mack. Considering that those are the two players the Rams have been linked to the most at #2 then it would appear that they will likely be the highest bidders to trade up *if* they choose to do so. (reason: lets say the Rams trade with Cleveland because the Browns want Watkins. Rams might still choose Robinson at #4 so Atlanta has incentive to offer a better package)
-The main issue that the Rams have with trading down is that most teams likely have 2 players they really, really want. That said, there might be a scenario where the Rams trade down twice and reach on Clinton Dix while collecting picks to be spent on Guard, CB, Wide Receiver and a developmental QB.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my take

#2 - Trade / Watkins / Mack --

If we can't trade out of the 2nd pick for something that wont put us too far out of position to get a true impact player then I think we go Watkins with the pick. Watkins has gone kind of quiet as of late with all the football chatter around Mack and Clowney because they've dominated the work out aspect of scouting. Personally I like to go after players who have the biggest impact on the field. I feel all too often the media goes haywire when someone is a workout warrior. Which is why I'd rather put my money on Mack than Clowney if it came to that. Yes, Mack had some great workouts but he also backed it up this last year with the play on the field. Clowney however, did not. Fact.

#13 - Trade / Aaron Donald / Pryor / Lewan / Martin --

If we fail to trade out of #2 then I think we'll definitely trade out of #13. I think Dix, Lewan and Pryor will be sitting there at 13 but I feel Snisher will think 13 will be a reach for these players. If Donald is sitting there @13 then I think we might pull the trigger on that type of DT but I think he'll be gone to Chicago right before us. If we do end up trading out and getting to somewhere between 16 to 20 we pick up Martin or Pryor. Both players fill a big need at Guard and Safety. Pryor fits exactly what Williams looks for. A hard hitter that has the range to cover when needed. Not sure which player ends up being better Dix or Pryor but I think they both pass the eye exam. Martin fills a major need at OT/G and I think he'll eventually be the steal of the draft. He's a great player and very underrated. I think Lewan might fit in there somewhere but I don't think he's as versatile as some give him credit for. I think he'll be an average T at best. JMHO

#44 - CB / DT

The second round could be a round where we get some steals and possibly extra picks for other teams. I think we need to get another CB to compliment Jenkins and Johnson. If Roby falls I can see Jeff stealing him in the 2nd round. It's a gamble because of the recent DUI but he could be a real steal in the 2nd round. Hopefully his DUI is a thing of the past. I'd also take a shot on Easly or Tuitt if they're still there. Easly is a beast of a man and I wouldn't mind the pick up if we don't land Donald in the 1st round.

#75 - G / T / RB

Dozier and Billy turner are two players I would be on the look out for. Turner is a underrated OT that could fill in for Long if he's not ready at the beginning of the season. Dozier can be a good solid Guard, I don't think he'll ever be a probowler but someone that would sure up the left side. At RB it really depends on who's there. I think there will be a run on RB's in the 2nd round and I don't think we take one there because it's not a huge need atm. But if someone like Mason or Sankey are there in the 3rd round I would expect fisher to scoop one up.

4th Round - QB / OLB

I think it's either Murray or McCarron at this point in the draft. I think someone will reach on one of these guys if there's a run on QB's in the 2nd round. But I would love to have Murray. He's a good runner, has a good arm and has tons and tons of poise. I think it's really what the Rams are missing at the QB position right now. McCarron, while I'm not as high on him as Murray I think he wouldn't be any worse than a Jay Cutler. I know some of you will think I'm crazy for comparing him to Jay but when you look at it Jay isn't that great of a QB. Just has a cannon for an arm.

Everything else is a crap shoot at this point in the draft.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being real, here is what the official unofficial GM sees in his crystal ball assuming no trades.

#2 (or #4 or #6) - Jake Matthews. Like it or not, he is the most NFL ready OT of the bunch and he plays LT until Long comes back and then slides seamlessly to RT. End of story. Only other option I see here is Watkins.

#13 - (In order), Gilbert,Pryor,Dix or Dennard..even if we trade down from #13 (which is exactly what I think happens if Manziel is still sitting there at #13... Jerrah will pay to get him)

2nd round - opposite of the pick at #13 (or #16) either S or CB
3rd round - QB or OG
4th round - QB or OG
5th round - WR (Brandon Coleman, Jeff Janis or Jarvis Landry)
6a- OLB (Khairi Fortt)
6b- RB
7a- DT
7b- S/CB
7c- FB
7d- ILB (Glenn Carson or James Morris)

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2: Jake Matthews OT

#13: Darqueze Dennard CB

#44: JaWuan James OT

#75: Allen Robinson WR

#110: Jimmy Garoppolo QB

All others BPA

Personal favorite: Take Manziel anywhere. :flypig:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If no trade at 2, I would expect Watkins to be the pick. I'm thinking that with Fisher's history, He's going to wait for Offensive Line help.

For 13, I'd expect Pryor or Clinton-Dix. I could be wrong but I believe after these 2, there's a huge dropoff in talent with the FS position.

For the 2nd and 3rd round picks - This is where I expect either a CB, OT or OG to be taken.

Like most people, I'm expecting a QB to be taken probably around round 4 or later. Hopefully it'll be any of the Garappolo, McCarron or Murray trio.

The rest I expect as best player available scenarios.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ozark, Allen Robinson probably won't be there at 44, much les 75.

I'm doing a collaborative mock draft and my top 4 choices were defense.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ozark, Allen Robinson probably won't be there at 44, much les 75.

I'm doing a collaborative mock draft and my top 4 choices were defense.
Your probably right. A fellow can hope. :lol: My mock wasnt a what Fisher and Co. will do more of a what I believe our biggest needs are. Also style of play and fit with the Rams as a team. I dont believe for a second it will go down as I have written it.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Mack, Watkins, Robinson if they do go OL here I like Robison. I don't care if he starts at guard because he will be elite mauler which will help the run game which will help the passing game, with the potential to move to tackle when Long is done.

13. Dennard, HaHa I like Pryor but he is a SS where HaHa is a true FS Which is what the Rams need to pair with TJ

Last edited by a moderator:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with this from Walter

St. Louis Rams: Khalil Mack, DE/OLB, Buffalo
This is what St. Louis' preferred options look like, in order:

1. Trade down with a team wanting Jadeveon Clowney or Blake Bortles.
2. Draft Clowney if available.
3. Draft either Khalil Mack or Sammy Watkins.

from walter mock

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't want Robinson, I rather Mathews, Watkins, or even Mack.

If we do trade back, thoughts on drafting Aaron Donaldson? He isn't a top 4 pick but if it's pick 6 I know it might be a little reach but if we can get him and Dix/Pyror in the first round. (Or I guess OLB/DT with our first 1st and a S with our 2nd 1st) Our defense goes to the next level, imo.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't want Robinson, I rather Mathews, Watkins, or even Mack.

If we do trade back, thoughts on drafting Aaron Donaldson? He isn't a top 4 pick but if it's pick 6 I know it might be a little reach but if we can get him and Dix/Pyror in the first round. (Or I guess OLB/DT with our first 1st and a S with our 2nd 1st) Our defense goes to the next level, imo.

I think you mean DT A. Donald. If we got ATL second rd and their 1st next year I wouldn't mine Donald at 6 but I would go best CB at 13 and get a safety with one of the second rd pks. Or maybe use the second rd pick to move back up in the first if someone falls some. I think Mack is to good to pass on though. Also if there is a run on QB's early Donald might fall to 13

Last edited by a moderator:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being real, I really like my collaborative mock results:

1.2 Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
1.13 Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
2.44 David Yankey, OT/OG, Stanford
3.75 Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
4.110 Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina
5.153 E.J. Gaines, CB, Missouri
6.188 David Fales, QB, San Jose State
6.214 Brock Vereen, SS, Minnesota
7.226 Marion Grice, RB, Arizona State
7.241 Aaron Lynch, DE, South Florida
7.249 Avery Williamson, ILB, Kentucky
7.250 Jordan Najvar, TE, Baylor

Sure, I missed on a few guys I was targeting (Fortt and Lyerla namely during the "day 3" picks), but I would be pretty happy with these results (no trades).

As far as Aaron Donald, I really like him at 13, but he might not get past Chicago. If Watkins is out of the picture and the Rams do trade down, I wouldn't mind Donald around 6 or later (provided Mack is off the board as well). I just don't see the urgency for OT in the first round like everyone seems to be forcefeeding the Rams in the mocks. If Long is ready to go, you're either moving your 1st rounder to another position or benching him. Barksdale was very good at RT last year.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I mean Donald, not sure why I thought it was Donaldson my bad.

Blazer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great posts ! Thanks