• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BCS last year: Memories and 2013 projections

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating LSU in the Peach bowl last year was pretty good.

Making Lou Holtz and that ex UGA LB eat shit was icing on the cake. "It works great in the A she she but not so much in the esh she she." That douchebag!

4th and 16 on the final drive and Tajh and Nuk hook up for one of the best plays of the year.

This is one of my favorite memories. LSU had beaten ACC opponents 19 consecutive times.

I could see the LSU fans licking their chops, just waiting for Boyd to screw that last drive up and give them the ball. I have to admit I was expecting it, too.

But when Clemson got that last TD I went ballistic. I finally got to see an ACC team get the better of LSU - and in my home town in my home town bowl game. The only way it could have been better is if it were UNC instead of Clemson but they were better and we were on probation.

Anyway, kudos to Clemson for bringing the most dominant team vs. the ACC down - finally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon all the way. I mean look at that 6th game looming out there like a storm cloud... :laugh3:

Seriously, Ohio State has a terrible schedule. In fact it is almost as embarrassing as Alabamas.

All these elite programs taking on BSU like schedules. Just shows how sad college football is becoming. Where are all the really good games anymore?

We scheduled Cal back in the early 2000s when they were averaging 9 wins a year, and we recently had added Vandy (who won 8 games last year), but they backed out so we added San Diego State last minute (who won 9 games last year). Not our fault Cal fell off and Vandy backed out.

I really see no difference between the top/middle of the B1G and the top/middle of the Pac12, and I sure haven't heard a compelling argument for it from anyone else going into this season. I'm open for intelligent conversation but don't just say "Oh come on, OSU's schedule is a joke" without actually backing it up with facts.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say that the ACC is on an up right now while the B1G is on a down. I know most do not agree with me but to see FSU, Clemson, VT and GT all win bowl games over good opponents gives me good reason to believe the ACC is on a roll.

I can't wait for the UNC-USCe game. I can't wait for the VT-Alabama game. I can't wait for the Clemson-UGA game. I can't wait for the Miami-UF game.

ACC vs. SEC until the end of time!

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
NCG will be Miami's 1st team vs. Miami's 2nd team. As no other teams will be worthy. ;-)

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We scheduled Cal back in the early 2000s when they were averaging 9 wins a year, and we recently had added Vandy (who won 8 games last year), but they backed out so we added San Diego State last minute (who won 9 games last year). Not our fault Cal fell off and Vandy backed out.

I really see no difference between the top/middle of the B1G and the top/middle of the Pac12, and I sure haven't heard a compelling argument for it from anyone else going into this season. I'm open for intelligent conversation but don't just say "Oh come on, OSU's schedule is a joke" without actually backing it up with facts.

SoxOSU, There certainly isnt a definitive better schedule. Most would say Oregon but tOSU can make a valid argument I spose.

Oregon should have Georgia on their schedule this year but they backed out.... Talk about Sucky... Woulda loved to have seen that home and home...

DANGIT!!!:gaah:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I questioned Alabama's schedule as well on several threads. When you are looking at top programs you can boil down their season to how many ranked teams are they likely to play and what are the circumstances around those games (road, home, neutral, after a bye, etc).

I never claimed Oregon had a tough schedule, just that it was better IMO than Ohio States. Still, playing at Stanford is the toughest game either will play on the year. You agree with that I'm assuming? UCLA was the winner of the Pac south last year and looks like they could be a top 10 team this coming season. Oregon state won 9 games last year and had some quality wins. Arizona won 8 games, but isn't likely to be a top 25 caliber team. UW has a season setup that could land it at the back end of the top 25, but ignore that if you want for 'homerism'.

How many likely top 25 teams are on the bucks schedule?

When you look at both OOC they are bad, but probably slightly in Oregons favor and the likely top ranked games is in their favor. Neither has a schedule worthy of a national champion, but then neither is the schedule of last years champion. Lots of pansy ass AD's around these so-called elite programs.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tOSU has VT lined up, then OU, UNC, TCU, BC, Oregon and Texas in coming years. tOSU's OOC schedule usually isn't a joke but an example for others to follow.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see more bowl eligible teams on OSU's schedule from last season than I do on Oregon's. San Diego State is better than anyone on Oregon's OOC slate. Luckily we get to see if Nebraska can even the score with UCLA when their home/home comes to Lincoln, and Wisky gets a good test going to AZ State. Then of course both OSU and NW get Cal. Personally, I'd be shocked if OSU didn't beat Cal by 3+ TDs this season.

I see 4 bowl eligible teams on tOSU's schedule, 1 being an AQ but hey...

SD State, Wisky, Northwetern, Michigan

I see 6 on Oregon's. OSU, UW, Arizona, Stanford, Utah, UCLA

I would love for you to show me how tOSU has more bowl teams thatn Oregon on said schedules... That wont happen...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point isn't bowl teams as half the conference goes to one and not all are up to beating teams like ohio state and oregon. The point is how many top 25 teams are there and who has the toughest game on the schedule? Oregon @ Stanford by a landslide. PERIOD.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SoxOSU, There certainly isnt a definitive better schedule. Most would say Oregon but tOSU can make a valid argument I spose.

Oregon should have Georgia on their schedule this year but they backed out.... Talk about Sucky... Woulda loved to have seen that home and home...

DANGIT!!!:gaah:

Dude, that suuuucks. That would've been a badass game to watch this year.

I questioned Alabama's schedule as well on several threads. When you are looking at top programs you can boil down their season to how many ranked teams are they likely to play and what are the circumstances around those games (road, home, neutral, after a bye, etc).

I never claimed Oregon had a tough schedule, just that it was better IMO than Ohio States. Still, playing at Stanford is the toughest game either will play on the year. You agree with that I'm assuming? UCLA was the winner of the Pac south last year and looks like they could be a top 10 team this coming season. Oregon state won 9 games last year and had some quality wins. Arizona won 8 games, but isn't likely to be a top 25 caliber team. UW has a season setup that could land it at the back end of the top 25, but ignore that if you want for 'homerism'.

How many likely top 25 teams are on the bucks schedule?

When you look at both OOC they are bad, but probably slightly in Oregons favor and the likely top ranked games is in their favor. Neither has a schedule worthy of a national champion, but then neither is the schedule of last years champion. Lots of pansy ass AD's around these so-called elite programs.

First of all, in what universe is UCLA a potential top 10 team??

Secondly, I will say Stanford is probably the best team either will play, though OSU's game @ Michigan could easily be just as difficult. They have been recruiting like crazy and that Gardner kid looks really good, unfortunately.

How many top 25 teams are on OSU's schedule? I see 3 likely ones right now, and we'll see what happens with Penn State. Wisconsin still has 2 amazing RBs and one of the best OL in the nation. Their new coach also has a strong resume when it comes to coaching defense, so they will likely be a 9-10 win team. Michigan will be very good. Northwestern returns almost everything from a 10-win team last year, and both of those games are on the road.

I'm not saying OSU plays a world-beater schedule by any means. It doesn't compare with what SEC teams face. However, and before you call me an idiot for saying it really do some research, I don't see how the Big 12 or the Pac 12 are really any better than the B1G this season.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 4 bowl eligible teams on tOSU's schedule, 1 being an AQ but hey...

SD State, Wisky, Northwetern, Michigan

I see 6 on Oregon's. OSU, UW, Arizona, Stanford, Utah, UCLA

I would love for you to show me how tOSU has more bowl teams thatn Oregon on said schedules... That wont happen...

SD State, NW, Wisky, Purdue and Michigan all went to bowls and Penn State was 8-4, hence bowl eligible.

Oregon only had 5, as Utah went 5-7 last year, hence not bowl eligible.

"That won't happen..." :10:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC should potentially have several ranked teams in Clemson, FSU, VT, UNC, and Miami. Longshots are lil bro NC State, GT, Syracuse and Pitt.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SD State, NW, Wisky, Purdue and Michigan all went to bowls and Penn State was 8-4, hence bowl eligible.

Oregon only had 5, as Utah went 5-7 last year, hence not bowl eligible.

"That won't happen..." :10:

My bad, thought we were projecting this years teams as bowl eligibles... LOLZ We were on different page there....

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point isn't bowl teams as half the conference goes to one and not all are up to beating teams like ohio state and oregon. The point is how many top 25 teams are there and who has the toughest game on the schedule? Oregon @ Stanford by a landslide. PERIOD.

Well we don't know how many top 25 teams are on each schedule, but we do know last year the B1G had more ranked teams and more teams receiving votes, so there's that for ya, and since when does 1 game mean everything? You know that seasons are 12 games long, right? And given everything Stanford lost, how do you even know how good they'll be?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOXOSU, UCLA is going to be very very good. I am close to putting them in a BCS game. Hundley is going to tear it up this year. Mora JR is a perfect CFB HC. His kids are buying into his philosophy hook, line, and sinker.

They are going to be very good...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, that suuuucks. That would've been a badass game to watch this year.

First of all, in what universe is UCLA a potential top 10 team??

Secondly, I will say Stanford is probably the best team either will play, though OSU's game @ Michigan could easily be just as difficult. They have been recruiting like crazy and that Gardner kid looks really good, unfortunately.

How many top 25 teams are on OSU's schedule? I see 3 likely ones right now, and we'll see what happens with Penn State. Wisconsin still has 2 amazing RBs and one of the best OL in the nation. Their new coach also has a strong resume when it comes to coaching defense, so they will likely be a 9-10 win team. Michigan will be very good. Northwestern returns almost everything from a 10-win team last year, and both of those games are on the road.

I'm not saying OSU plays a world-beater schedule by any means. It doesn't compare with what SEC teams face. However, and before you call me an idiot for saying it really do some research, I don't see how the Big 12 or the Pac 12 are really any better than the B1G this season.

I didn't call you an idiot, nor imply you were. Again, none of the likely NT candidates we have discussed have great schedules. IMO (which is all that was asked for) Oregon's is better because they play the CLEAR better team in Stanford. Michigan MIGHT be better? lol. I'm sticking to what we know, not what might be.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, thought we were projecting this years teams as bowl eligibles... LOLZ We were on different page there....

Haha, we were both being so arrogant :suds:

Well, projecting this year is really hard right now. They haven't even gone through summer camp and most of the new recruits aren't even on campus yet.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, we were both being so arrogant :suds:

tumblr_mf1s33puYr1r1oxl6.gif

HAHA! Indeed

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't call you an idiot, nor imply you were. Again, none of the likely NT candidates we have discussed have great schedules. IMO (which is all that was asked for) Oregon's is better because they play the CLEAR better team in Stanford. Michigan MIGHT be better? lol. I'm sticking to what we know, not what might be.

I never said you did call me an idiot, I was just getting that part out of the way.

Stanford is CLEARly better based on what? I see OSU getting a lot of shit for their close games last year, but did you not see Stanford's schedule? They also lose quite a bit. I like their program and what they have done in building themselves back up, but I have seen several projected top 25 rankings with both Stanford and Michigan in the top 10. I would really love to see OSU vs. Oregon in the NT and Stanford and Michigan in the Rose. I think those would be some amazing matchups.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's all this Texas love for being Big 12 champs?? Even MarkOU??? :gaah: