• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bawstun vs Dodgers: the World Series of Gluttony

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox offense was more productive in each series of the postseason than they were during the regular season.

That must have been nice.

I can only wonder the what ifs if the Brewers did the same

Cot Damn It

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regular Season
876 Runs
162 Games
5.4 Runs/Game

World Series
28 Runs
5 Games
5.6 Runs/Game

Batting Average
Regular .268
Play Offs .222

Pitching ERA

Regular 3.75
Play Offs 2.55

Again Boston getting hits with 2 outs with runners on was huge, but the Pitching Staff stepped up this post season.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Batting Average
Regular .268
Play Offs .222

Pitching ERA

Regular 3.75
Play Offs 2.55

Again Boston getting hits with 2 outs with runners on was huge, but the Pitching Staff stepped up this post season.

lolz

Your point was that pitching won the championship and it was a good thing because the offense wasn’t producing as well as they did in the regular season.

You were wrong.

It happens.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need it - I said from the beginning that the Dodgers couldn't win this world series and in fact - I think they exceeded what their talent had. I feel that they really got lucky to get there to begin with. Now in the off season, they need to pick up some better pictures and add a couple of stronger hitters and they will have a better chance - or wait a little longer before bringing in news guys from their farm system. Let the young guys get a little better first

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need it - I said from the beginning that the Dodgers couldn't win this world series and in fact - I think they exceeded what their talent had. I feel that they really got lucky to get there to begin with. Now in the off season, they need to pick up some better pictures and add a couple of stronger hitters and they will have a better chance - or wait a little longer before bringing in news guys from their farm system. Let the young guys get a little better first

the Dodgers scored more runs per game than anyone in the NL and allowed fewer runs per game than anyone else in the NL. The hitting and pitching are fantastic.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Dodgers were tied for first in MLB in wRC+ despite having a pitcher bat and were third in the NL in ERA+. they had the third best pythag W-L behind Houston and Boston (102-61). seems like the Dodgers just had a lot of shit luck this year and they ran into a historically good team in the Red Sox.

you guys are going to be fine in 2019 and I'd consider you to be among the favorites to win the WS.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Dodgers scored more runs per game than anyone in the NL and allowed fewer runs per game than anyone else in the NL. The hitting and pitching are fantastic.
The problem is the other guys are always better, but I simply thought that the Dodgers were inconsistent this year. If they want to win another world series, they simply have to add a better pitcher or two in my opinion

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the other guys are always better, but I simply thought that the Dodgers were inconsistent this year. If they want to win another world series, they simply have to add a better pitcher or two in my opinion

as I said, they allowed the fewest runs in baseball and they had 7 starting pitchers make 15+ starts and have an ERA+ above 100. that's incredible pitching depth. the bullpen could use some work, but that rotation looks awfully good IMO.

I think people forget that these teams are facing the best lineups and pitching staffs in the postseason. The Red Sox scored the most runs in all of baseball. They've been making even the best pitching staffs look like shit. We scored 29 runs in 5 games against the vaunted Houston staff (granted we had a .710 OPS). sometimes even the best pitching staff is going to struggle against a good lineup. same goes for the best lineups against good pitching staffs. baseball is hard.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Dodgers had twelve players accumulate 200+ plate appearances. ten of those players had an OPS+ of 110 or higher (100 is average)

that is a very deep lineup

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I said, they allowed the fewest runs in baseball and they had 7 starting pitchers make 15+ starts and have an ERA+ above 100. that's incredible pitching depth. the bullpen could use some work, but that rotation looks awfully good IMO.

I think people forget that these teams are facing the best lineups and pitching staffs in the postseason. The Red Sox scored the most runs in all of baseball. They've been making even the best pitching staffs look like shit. We scored 29 runs in 5 games against the vaunted Houston staff (granted we had a .710 OPS). sometimes even the best pitching staff is going to struggle against a good lineup. same goes for the best lineups against good pitching staffs. baseball is hard.
I understand what you're saying, but I still don't think they dominated like they did last year. They nearly missed the playoffs and had to play a game to get there. They were a top 5 or 6 team for sure, but I still think they need some better pitching. They didn't win because their hitting got shut down, so they will have to figure that out as well. Boston was just flat out the best team - No question about it.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just want to congratulate myself on a great series. i showed courage and fortitude. i seriously am rooting for dodgers next year unless its the bean eaters coming from the AL

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah by any measuring stick the Dodgers were the best team in the NL. Their problem is they play in the inferior league. If you count the Yankees, and I do there are 3 teams in the AL that are better. And with Clayton getting on in age their window is closing.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were the best team in the NL, they had what 6 guys with 20 homers? Pitching did let them down but they had the offense to win, they just got cold at the plate at the wrong time.

Did the signing of Machado help or hurt team chemistry? Dude had absolutely no hustle what so ever and when he K'd to end it, it looked like he just wanted it over

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, when you're facing the best pitching staffs and lineups in baseball, they're probably going to make your staff look worse than it is.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

middle-finger-gif-8.gif

Yeah, I thought about that to when I saw the "oh my God, it fucking worked again" look on his face as he was standing behind Henry and Luccino on the field after Game 5.

I'm not sure what to make of it. It reminds me of the Giants' "dynasty." I kept saying they were lucky, but at some point I have to acknowledge the fact that maybe I'm retarded.

I'm still at the "luckiest fucking guy" in the world stage with Dombrowski. I just really don't like the moves he made, but he did win another world series.

Pepe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it fascinating to think that the players most responsible for the championship are players you would not have predicted at the start of the series: Pearce, Price, Moreland, Bradley Jr., Eeovoldi, Porcellas, others?