• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bawstun vs Dodgers: the World Series of Gluttony

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Dodgers were tied for first in MLB in wRC+ despite having a pitcher bat and were third in the NL in ERA+. they had the third best pythag W-L behind Houston and Boston (102-61). seems like the Dodgers just had a lot of shit luck this year and they ran into a historically good team in the Red Sox.

you guys are going to be fine in 2019 and I'd consider you to be among the favorites to win the WS.
Could be just fluky, but underperforming pythag could also be a sign of poor managing.
Also likely it had something to do with Jansen struggling mightily as closer for a good part of the 2nd half.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it fascinating to think that the players most responsible for the championship are players you would not have predicted at the start of the series: Pearce, Price, Moreland, Bradley Jr., Eeovoldi, Porcellas, others?
Buddy Biancalana

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were the best team in the NL, they had what 6 guys with 20 homers? Pitching did let them down but they had the offense to win, they just got cold at the plate at the wrong time.

Did the signing of Machado help or hurt team chemistry? Dude had absolutely no hustle what so ever and when he K'd to end it, it looked like he just wanted it over
I wasn't impressed with Machado at all - Yasiel Puig was better and the Dodgers were wanting to trade him. I still think the Dodgers need one more ACE pitcher though

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't impressed with Machado at all - Yasiel Puig was better and the Dodgers were wanting to trade him. I still think the Dodgers need one more ACE pitcher though
They already have 2. How many do you need?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why stop at 3 aces than? Why not get 5 aces?
I would if I could. I am greedy, but personally I still think Boston was the better team and I think Houston and the Yankees are better then the Dodgers. The Dodger simply have to get better if they want a title. That's the bottom line. I hope you all are right though.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oh of course, they could always use more pitchers. Any team could to be honest... Machado is a douche and showed it during the World Series... He didn't try at all.. I understand why the Dodgers wanted to potentially get rid of Puig, his antics weren't that great but he is a great player

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh of course, they could always use more pitchers. Any team could to be honest... Machado is a douche and showed it during the World Series... He didn't try at all.. I understand why the Dodgers wanted to potentially get rid of Puig, his antics weren't that great but he is a great player
I was not impressed with Machado at all, but honestly it's like the bats completely shut down in the world series and that's a red flag for changes and improvements. As they stand, yes the Dodgers might get to the World Series, but in any sport if they have got there twice and failed - some improvements at the least are needed.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not impressed with Machado at all, but honestly it's like the bats completely shut down in the world series and that's a red flag for changes and improvements. As they stand, yes the Dodgers might get to the World Series, but in any sport if they have got there twice and failed - some improvements at the least are needed.

Yeah clearly Machado wasn't the answer... Dude flat out sucked in the series.. Loved that he did though!

I thought the Red Sox pen would be the ones letting them down and boy was I wrong, they all clicked at exactly the right time

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah clearly Machado wasn't the answer... Dude flat out sucked in the series.. Loved that he did though!

I thought the Red Sox pen would be the ones letting them down and boy was I wrong, they all clicked at exactly the right time
See from what I saw during the year, the Dodgers barely made it - it took a one game post season to qualify them - they did not dominate like Boston did - and honestly - I thought the Brewers were better then then how they played. I kind of think the Dodgers got lucky - I love the Dodgers - but I don't think they were as good as they appeared. I think they fell short just a little

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See from what I saw during the year, the Dodgers barely made it - it took a one game post season to qualify them - they did not dominate like Boston did - and honestly - I thought the Brewers were better then then how they played. I kind of think the Dodgers got lucky - I love the Dodgers - but I don't think they were as good as they appeared. I think they fell short just a little

Yeah they did have a few breaks and they certainly did against the Brewers. I honestly thought they'd lose to them but that's the post season for ya... Hell I thought when Grandal couldn't catch a beach ball they didn't stand a chance

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they did have a few breaks and they certainly did against the Brewers. I honestly thought they'd lose to them but that's the post season for ya... Hell I thought when Grandal couldn't catch a beach ball they didn't stand a chance
Well one thing about the Dodgers in the era of the new ownership - they seem to capitalize decisively when errors are made. You make a mistake - you lose

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have most of the games on my DVR list. I froze them all at the best moments and went back, again, to enjoy them last night. My favorite moment of the entire playoff run was JBJ's grand slam. I've seen that a whole bunch of times. "Jackie Bradley Jr.! A knockout punch here in the 8th!" was the call and it's awesome.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So did I

200.gif