• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bautista for Cuteo?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an overcrowded OF and I could use another reliable SP. Is Jose too much to give up for Johnny? If you had Johnny, would you deal him for Jose?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had Cueto, it would almost impossible for me not to accept Bautista. The other way around, I think you should aim higher... or Cueto and something else.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had Cueto, it would almost impossible for me not to accept Bautista. The other way around, I think you should aim higher... or Cueto and something else.

You think Marte or Kemp might be enough to offer?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp could fish him, possibly.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Marte or Kemp might be enough to offer?

I think you are still paying way too much.

Cueto is very good, but also a big injury risk. When you trade for him, you don't get the stats he has already produced and regression is inevitable. Nobody is that good. I honestly don't see how you avoid overpaying for Cueto right now. He is NOT a guy I would be looking to trade for unless you could land him for either Kemp or Marte in a straight deal.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really depends on your panic button, and the rest of your team... Bautista for cueto wont hurt you, in fact it very well may help you... But you are definitely giving too much... But sometimes it is OK to lose the trade!!!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also how many owners, and how many OF/DH do you start?? How many pitchers do you start??

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really depends on your panic button, and the rest of your team... Bautista for cueto wont hurt you, in fact it very well may help you... But you are definitely giving too much... But sometimes it is OK to lose the trade!!!

Are you the Cueto owner? ;)

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also how many owners, and how many OF/DH do you start?? How many pitchers do you start??

I ended up offering Kemp for Cueto, but the guy hasn't responded yet, so I may consider offering Marte instead if he rejects Kemp.

I have five OF spots plus a DH spot in 10 player league. The OF eligible players on my team are Choo, Bautista, Marte, Pagan, Kemp, Brantley, Bonifacio, and Moss.

There is a maximum of 200 starts for pitchers. My plan is to start Wainright, Wacha, and Bumgarner each of their starts and then pick up pitchers to spot start another 100 or so games based on matchups (e.g., I now have Eovaldi at SD and Elias v. KC). I figure that by adding Cueto, I could reduce the number of spot starts by, hopefully, twenty plus. I realize, of course, that this plan is subject to change due to injury and or ineffectiveness.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are still paying way too much.

Cueto is very good, but also a big injury risk. When you trade for him, you don't get the stats he has already produced and regression is inevitable. Nobody is that good. I honestly don't see how you avoid overpaying for Cueto right now. He is NOT a guy I would be looking to trade for unless you could land him for either Kemp or Marte in a straight deal.

Is Cueto really anymore of a risk injury than any pitcher? He missed a lot of games last year, but he certainly seems to be fully recovered, dating back to a strong finish last season. Not many pitchers have been more consistently good over the past five years than Cueto, right?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ended up offering Kemp for Cueto, but the guy hasn't responded yet, so I may consider offering Marte instead if he rejects Kemp.

I have five OF spots plus a DH spot in 10 player league. The OF eligible players on my team are Choo, Bautista, Marte, Pagan, Kemp, Brantley, Bonifacio, and Moss.

There is a maximum of 200 starts for pitchers. My plan is to start Wainright, Wacha, and Bumgarner each of their starts and then pick up pitchers to spot start another 100 or so games based on matchups (e.g., I now have Eovaldi at SD and Elias v. KC). I figure that by adding Cueto, I could reduce the number of spot starts by, hopefully, twenty plus. I realize, of course, that this plan is subject to change due to injury and or ineffectiveness.

The way I see it the only OF I would try to get Cueto for is Kemp... Bautista is your only big power bat in OF... But I don't think you would get him for kemp... But I would not even try to trade marte, looks like you need him too much...

I would do Kemp+ other players for cueto...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it the only OF I would try to get Cueto for is Kemp... Bautista is your only big power bat in OF... But I don't think you would get him for kemp... But I would not even try to trade marte, looks like you need him too much...

I would do Kemp+ other players for cueto...

That's a thought. Thanks.

One thing I find interesting in your post is that you rightly label Bautista my only "big power bat in the OF". Thing is, though he hasn't shown it in a while, Kemp is certainly capable of adding some pop!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Cueto really anymore of a risk injury than any pitcher? He missed a lot of games last year, but he certainly seems to be fully recovered, dating back to a strong finish last season. Not many pitchers have been more consistently good over the past five years than Cueto, right?

Yes. The twist motion in his delivery puts a lot of strain on his core. All pitchers are risky, Cueto more than most. If I owned him, I would be shopping him like crazy right now.