• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Battle for the bottom.....Houston 8/8-10

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we are going anywhere next year and most likely not in 2016 so we might as well find out what we have with the Nicks next season. Sometimes it takes 100 starts or so before you know what you have with a starting pitcher. Lee and Verlander are two examples of starting pitchers who took about that many starts before they started coming into their own. It just takes awhile to get acclimated to the big leagues for most guys.

I don't want either of them in the rotation. I don't like what I've seen from either. They both have their moments (NT more than NM). I hope we don't need either of them in the rotation to start the year. If it's going to take 100 starts then they should get them somewhere else.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has seen the video of Tony Stewart? Man, I don't know, but it sure seems like he might have hit him on purpose. He goes to the right and you can hear him hit the gas. I watched it over and over. I'm sure he didn't mean to kill him, but the intent sure seems to be there.
Just saw it. But what was that guy thinking wagging his finger in the middle of the track anyway?! Tragic.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lead off w. Com'on Marty

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is starting out well!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we are going anywhere next year and most likely not in 2016 so we might as well find out what we have with the Nicks next season. Sometimes it takes 100 starts or so before you know what you have with a starting pitcher. Lee and Verlander are two examples of starting pitchers who took about that many starts before they started coming into their own. It just takes awhile to get acclimated to the big leagues for most guys.

Too early to say we're not going anywhere next year, and damn sure in 2016. Beltre is still playing all star baseball. No way to know how Fielder will bounce back from his procedure. No way choo is this bad next year. This year is clearly an anomaly for him. Yu and holland are good to go in the rotation. Looks like Colby may fill out the back end okay. We need two starters, (maybe shields) and a RF (Melky?) to be back in the thick of things. Lots of time for moves to be made, and way to early to be thinking like you are.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to say we're not going anywhere next year, and damn sure in 2016. Beltre is still playing all star baseball. No way to know how Fielder will bounce back from his procedure. No way choo is this bad next year. This year is clearly an anomaly for him. Yu and holland are good to go in the rotation. Looks like Colby may fill out the back end okay. We need two starters, (maybe shields) and a RF (Melky?) to be back in the thick of things. Lots of time for moves to be made, and way to early to be thinking like you are.
Agree. Where you been?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Martin take charge in the OF. Wish he would do the same on offense

Last edited by a moderator:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That won't go our way

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros have some good young pitchers

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand a lot of folks still hold out hope for next year being a contending season. I have little faith in Prince ever contributing a whole lot. I think that is where I differ from those who think we can contend next season. I am leery of guys recovering from back or neck injuries. Also, we don't know if Prince's decline in 2013 was the start of his age/weight decline or if it was injury related.

I will never hold out hope that we can sign a pitcher of Shield's caliber until we do so. Who is the last pitcher that this organization has been able to sign on the open market that had put up numbers like Shields has in his previous seasons? We are going to have to grow our own top of the rotation pitchers or trade from them at the deadline and an organization can't afford to make too many of those types of trades.

I do think we could possibly do somethng in 2016 if our young players develop a little faster than anticiapted, but I certainly wouldn't plan on that happening. I think it will be a better season than 2015 though.