• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baseball Question

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not follow baseball much, but I heard that ARod is being held out because he has struggled against right handed pitchers, but aren't most pitchers right-handed? He couldn't possibly have the success he's had without being relatively good against right-handers, could he? Is this a recent thing? Is he struggling against everybody, but mainly right-handers? Is this a career long struggle that has been worse this year?

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Girardi is just fed up. Cano has done even worse this postseason and he keeps playing. The Yankees will try desperately to move him in the offseason but will probably have to eat most if not all 115M owed to him over the next five years. He might not be the only one on the way out as Ive heard they're trying to cut payroll.

About his career playoff performances off the top of my head his only good postseason was in 09'.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all should be benched. The yankee lineup is seriously not missing anything without Arod... nor with swisher nor with Granderson tonight. Would bench Cano too if we could....

Terrible postseason ever....

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the responses, it just sounded funny to use the excuse that it was right handed pitchers, not just bad play. I guess I wouldn't have the guts to call it like it is and say he's benched because he's playing useless. When you have to avoid the majority of pitchers, there's something seriously wrong. When you owe him ~150M, it's even more concerning.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not follow baseball much, but I heard that ARod is being held out because he has struggled against right handed pitchers, but aren't most pitchers right-handed? He couldn't possibly have the success he's had without being relatively good against right-handers, could he? Is this a recent thing? Is he struggling against everybody, but mainly right-handers? Is this a career long struggle that has been worse this year?

He has done better against left-handed pitchers, which is typical for right handed batters. But, FWIW, its not like America where 90% of the pitchers are right handed. I read somewhere a while back that about 1/3 of mlb pitchers are left handed.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well specifically, they say he can't get his bat around on fastballs on his hands from right-handers, there is something to it. As bad as A Rod's been, his backups are certainly no better.....but at least Chavez bats lefty and you have a decent platoon.

Pre-steroids and stuff in baseball, most guys couldn't produce after 35 or so, even most hall of famers. Now that they've cleaned up the game a bit, 37-year olds like A Rod are being brought back to that level. And it will always be a question of how good he *ever* would have been without PEDs, as it seems like he was taking them for most of his career.