• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Balmers Now Owns The Clippers

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although some lawsuits will likely continue - Balmer has ushered in a new era for the Los Angeles Clippers and with deep pockets will most likely challenge the not so terrific Lakers for the #1 team in Los Angeles. Clipper Darryl is going to be one angry dude because with that sale came an agreement that Shelly Sterling is granted the title #1 final - it is legal and binding and my understanding the NBA allowed it because she got rid of her husband for them. Clipper Darryl may call him self #2 Clippers, fan though.

I seriously doubt that they will even call me #1,000,000 fan - but I can live with that. This is a bright day for the Clippers fans who have got to be the most loyal and dedicated fans in any sport ever. They have been waiting 33 years for changes.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard today that the Franchise value has ticked up to $2.1B. Seems he and his team have some new ideas for marketing the brand. He certainly has the right players and the right coach to be a strong face of the NBA now. He and Doc both lucked out. Doc gets the right owner and Balmer gets LA vs Sacremento. Now lets see how his deep pockets go next. I would think he will bring in good talent.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard today that the Franchise value has ticked up to $2.1B. Seems he and his team have some new ideas for marketing the brand. He certainly has the right players and the right coach to be a strong face of the NBA now. He and Doc both lucked out. Doc gets the right owner and Balmer gets LA vs Sacremento. Now lets see how his deep pockets go next. I would think he will bring in good talent.

I think Balmer bought the team at a good time because the Clippers already has good talent on the floor with players and coaches. New general managers will be needed since the previous ones got terminated for covering up Sterling's racist remarks, but now it's the matter of managing his team and getting the most out of it and perhaps taking it to the next level up.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Ms Mecca, your in a good place. Now you need a deeper bench

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a starting caliber SF.

:gaah:

It's going to take awhile to get that bad smell out of the organization, but it's still a good day for Clippers fans. I still root for the Lakers even though it might be a while before I see something decent on their court

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Ms Mecca, your in a good place. Now you need a deeper bench

Unless they make a significant trade, I don't see much more that they can do. They already have close to $80mil on the books. Hawes was a nice pick-up for some bench depth though. They didn't have a decent b/u big man last season.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Clippers are worth $2.1B, that must mean the Boston Celtics are worth at least a couple of cases of Powerade.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to take awhile to get that bad smell out of the organization, but it's still a good day for Clippers fans. I still root for the Lakers even though it might be a while before I see something decent on their court

Agreed.

I'm glad to have a fresh start.

But, they are still a few pieces away from being legit contenders and you can't wash away the last 40 years in 2 decent Seasons.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Clippers are worth $2.1B, that must mean the Boston Celtics are worth at least a couple of cases of Powerade.

According to the bank audits performed, the revenue they bring in makes them worth 175 million. They have been sold at 12 times their actual value which Balmer acknowledges. He says he is paying for their potential worth. By the time he gets done - marketing the new Clippers - anything is possible or it's my opinion that he simply had 2 billion dollars to throw away and said to him what the hell, but...

Considering that he had 2 billion dollars in the bank - that was not good because his money wasn't working at the maximum value. In many ways he would have lost more money by not buying the clippers and buying the Clippers most likely makes him money by paying less taxes when he adds up the pluses and the minuses. That is the way the those rich folks usually roll

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That means they came within $1,525,000,000 of being correct.

Hmmmm

BTW, I assume that "Balmers" is supposed to be Steve Ballmer?

Correct that for me if you can - I have been having all kinds of typing problems with my computer today