• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bad Look For Hank Haney

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t bother me with the influx of Korean women players on tour. Good golf is good golf no matter what race. I think it is obvious the Koreans have come in and are here to stay. It’s on people like me and people like Hank to help influence young American boys and girls to take up the game

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t bother me with the influx of Korean women players on tour. Good golf is good golf no matter what race. I think it is obvious the Koreans have come in and are here to stay. It’s on people like me and people like Hank to help influence young American boys and girls to take up the game

I'm not bothered in the least...at the recreational level, at least in my market, Korean/Asian players have helped keep the golf market going...especially after the market collapse. So you could say they've been good for the golf industry.

At the tour level...it's a bit awkward when the winner can't speak any English. Difficult to market such players so I think much like I do for all immigrants that make a living in this country...at least be able to speak the language.

Many American tour players come from a country club background or they had access. To compete with the developmental machine that S. Korea has going, I think their needs to be more development of players at a young age on a similar scale. Instruction, practice and playing facilities.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not bothered in the least...at the recreational level, at least in my market, Korean/Asian players have helped keep the golf market going...especially after the market collapse. So you could say they've been good for the golf industry.

At the tour level...it's a bit awkward when the winner can't speak any English. Difficult to market such players so I think much like I do for all immigrants that make a living in this country...at least be able to speak the language.

Many American tour players come from a country club background or they had access. To compete with the developmental machine that S. Korea has going, I think their needs to be more development of players at a young age on a similar scale. Instruction, practice and playing facilities.

If I remember right a past LPGA President resigned because she tried to make English a requirement.
The backlash forced her out.

And that was right after a Korean won a major and could not speak English ...and it did look bad during the ceremony.
There was no doubt that she felt she had to do it because it was a real risk the fans would not relate to players
that can't speak English.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank Haney will 'predict a Korean' to win USWO, 'couldn't name you 6 players' on LPGA, apologizes

While I don't think he was intentionally trying to be a dick, but really came off as one over his comments about the womens USO.

The worse part about it was admitting he had no clue who was in the field, saying he couldn't name X number of players.

Projecting a Korean to win imo was not terrible all by itself, Korean women dominate the LPGAT, but he really butchered that segment of the interview.

I think the worst line was this;

“I couldn’t name you six players on the LPGA tour. Maybe I could. Well … I’d go with ‘Lee,’ if I didn’t have to name a first name. I’d get a bunch of them right,” Haney said.

The person who wrote this wasn't doing himself any favors. They usually spell it Li.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he say that wasn't true? Women's golf is a shit show and he can't help it if there are only 5 last names in the entire Korean culture. Hell, I remember in the army in Korea when you'd say, "hey Lieutenant Kim" and half the room would turn around.

The fact you don't find his inference problematic, that all Korean female golfers are the same, isn't the least bit surprising.

Ftr, there have been 14 LPGA events this year. 7 of them were won by 6 Koreans (Jin Young Ko won twice), and none share a last name.

When a person is ignorant about a subject it's usually best that they keep their mouth shut about it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact you don't find his inference problematic, that all Korean female golfers are the same, isn't the least bit surprising.

Ftr, there have been 14 LPGA events this year. 7 of them were won by 6 Koreans (Jin Young Ko won twice), and none share a last name.

When a person is ignorant about a subject it's usually best that they keep their mouth shut about it.
You can read your own thought into what I've said all you want but you look silly doing so. The fact that you would think the person's last name is the point of this thread is laughable and says a lot about your inability to discern and discuss accurately what you read

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can read your own thought into what I've said all you want but you look silly doing so. The fact that you would think the person's last name is the point of this thread is laughable and says a lot about your inability to discern and discuss accurately what you read

He made some stupid comments that were dismissive of and demeaning to the Korean women on tour. You're the only person here who seems not to understand that. Haney now does, though.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made some stupid comments that were dismissive of and demeaning to the Korean women on tour. You're the only person here who seems not to understand that. Haney now does, though.
He spoke the truth and that is never wrong.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He spoke the truth and that is never wrong.

No he didn't. He basically said he didn't know shit about the LPGA. If he'd left it at that he would have been fine. But he didn't. He then went on talking about the tour and its members, that he had just admitted he didn't know shit about. That's where he went off the tracks.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he didn't. He basically said he didn't know shit about the LPGA. If he'd left it at that he would have been fine. But he didn't. He then went on talking about the tour and its members, that he had just admitted he didn't know shit about. That's where he went off the tracks.
Wrong. He said a Korean would win and that her last name would be Lee. He was spot on and that infuriates people like yourself who are always looking for something to be offended by.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. He said a Korean would win and that her last name would be Lee. He was spot on and that infuriates people like yourself who are always looking for something to be offended by.

It was nothing but a cheap shot at the Korean women on tour, a very obvious and shallow one at that. But I give absolutely no thought to it, other than to argue its meaning here.