• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bad Look For Hank Haney

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank Haney will 'predict a Korean' to win USWO, 'couldn't name you 6 players' on LPGA, apologizes

While I don't think he was intentionally trying to be a dick, but really came off as one over his comments about the womens USO.

The worse part about it was admitting he had no clue who was in the field, saying he couldn't name X number of players.

Projecting a Korean to win imo was not terrible all by itself, Korean women dominate the LPGAT, but he really butchered that segment of the interview.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch some of the women’s ncaa championship in Arkansas on the golf channel?

Saying the field was made of 50-50 foreign vs American players is putting it mildly. Hoping my daughter plays the game and kicks some ass

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dicks don't need to be intentional...they're dicks.

Haney was way off base. I just don't understand why you say that kind of shit into a microphone.

He's suspended from his SiriusXM show whatever suspended means.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like good betting advice...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dicks don't need to be intentional...they're dicks.

Haney was way off base. I just don't understand why you say that kind of shit into a microphone.

He's suspended from his SiriusXM show whatever suspended means.

I didn't actually hear the interview to hear his tone of voice, etc., but yeah, he was a dick regardless of intent. I think when the interview turned towards the LPGAT, Haney should've just said, I haven't been keeping up with the womens tour, not sure who the favorites are and shut it down.

This was a classic case of firmly inserting his foot in his mouth!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch some of the women’s ncaa championship in Arkansas on the golf channel?

Saying the field was made of 50-50 foreign vs American players is putting it mildly. Hoping my daughter plays the game and kicks some ass

Yeah...it was a Razorback that won it I thought...no doubt that womens golf is international and the LPGA level and also college golf now.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank Haney will 'predict a Korean' to win USWO, 'couldn't name you 6 players' on LPGA, apologizes

While I don't think he was intentionally trying to be a dick, but really came off as one over his comments about the womens USO.

The worse part about it was admitting he had no clue who was in the field, saying he couldn't name X number of players.

Projecting a Korean to win imo was not terrible all by itself, Korean women dominate the LPGAT, but he really butchered that segment of the interview.
What did he say that wasn't true? Women's golf is a shit show and he can't help it if there are only 5 last names in the entire Korean culture. Hell, I remember in the army in Korea when you'd say, "hey Lieutenant Kim" and half the room would turn around.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he say that wasn't true? Women's golf is a shit show and he can't help it if there are only 5 last names in the entire Korean culture. Hell, I remember in the army in Korea when you'd say, "hey Lieutenant Kim" and half the room would turn around.

Saying a Korean would win imo wasn't really offensive...that is true. That's why I said it didn't seem like an intentional slight initially. Going into detail about how little he knew about the LPGAT...he was trying to demean the tour.

I have been to a LPGA tour event and I disagree that it's a shit show...especially now. Better looking players and the Koreans have brought the depth of the tour up considerably. As womens sports go, pro golf and pro tennis imo are worth watching.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's the problem...the world is full of mean-spirited people like you. Our entire US culture lacks humility and any sense of kindness. Anyone with half a heart hears what Hank said and cringes. There are any number of statements that may be factual yet still insulting, including statements that may apply to you or your family.

Why?

Why say something shitty about the lpga? Women's sports are never as popular as the male versions. That's not because they're shitty athletes, it's that males are bigger, stronger and faster in general and yes, they're generally more interesting to watch. It doesn't have to be something to mock.

...unless you're simply trying to be cruel.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our entire US culture lacks humility and any sense of kindness.

I'm thinking if that was really true, ..this story would have not made national news.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's why Trump's our President.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remind me to never make a prediction on the olympics on a Sirius channel....

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying a Korean would win imo wasn't really offensive...that is true. That's why I said it didn't seem like an intentional slight initially. Going into detail about how little he knew about the LPGAT...he was trying to demean the tour.

I have been to a LPGA tour event and I disagree that it's a shit show...especially now. Better looking players and the Koreans have brought the depth of the tour up considerably. As womens sports go, pro golf and pro tennis imo are worth watching.
Fair enough. I can’t watch it. Except for some of the bodies of the players, it’s pretty boring. I haven’t been to an LPGA eve yet since Hawaii in 2005 but I was astonished at how bad some of the golf is. I saw shanks, skulled chips, chips that rolled right back down to their feet, missed three footers. Heck, if I want to see that I’ll just watch my friends on Sunday at our course

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem...the world is full of mean-spirited people like you. Our entire US culture lacks humility and any sense of kindness. Anyone with half a heart hears what Hank said and cringes. There are any number of statements that may be factual yet still insulting, including statements that may apply to you or your family.

Why?

Why say something shitty about the lpga? Women's sports are never as popular as the male versions. That's not because they're shitty athletes, it's that males are bigger, stronger and faster in general and yes, they're generally more interesting to watch. It doesn't have to be something to mock.

...unless you're simply trying to be cruel.
Anyone who cringed at what Haney said needs to get a life. Quit looking for something to be offended by. It’s absurd. The dude spoke the truth 100% and that is always right

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who cringed at what Haney said needs to get a life. Quit looking for something to be offended by. It’s absurd. The dude spoke the truth 100% and that is always right

You're arguing against the very need for civility that you would demand if someone was publicly discussing your wife on television. Oh, you'll argue otherwise of course.

I'm also not being partisan at all. When that Samantha Bee lady called Ivanka a feckless c_nt I was done with her too. You called the President's daughter a c_nt? Really? A local candy/novelty shop has Trump toilet paper for sale on a display. I won't walk in the place. You don't print the President's face on toilet paper.

Trump didn't start it but he sure has made it his brand. Do ya'll remember a short time ago when we collectively asked ourselves, did a presidential candidate, on National television during a debate just refer to his penis size? Did he just do that?

....wouldn't make a blip on the news radar here a few years later.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3