• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bad Look For Hank Haney

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're arguing against the very need for civility that you would demand if someone was publicly discussing your wife on television. Oh, you'll argue otherwise of course.

I'm also not being partisan at all. When that Samantha Bee lady called Ivanka a feckless c_nt I was done with her too. You called the President's daughter a c_nt? Really? A local candy/novelty shop has Trump toilet paper for sale on a display. I won't walk in the place. You don't print the President's face on toilet paper.

Trump didn't start it but he sure has made it his brand. Do ya'll remember a short time ago when we collectively asked ourselves, did a presidential candidate, on National television during a debate just refer to his penis size? Did he just do that?

....wouldn't make a blip on the news radar here a few years later.
Huge difference between what you are saying and Haney saying LPGA golf is terrible and a Korean would win the U.S. Open.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twice this year on the course I've seen young Korean girls 13-15 walking with their mothers following them in the fairway.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Hank was spot on. The event was boring as hell, a Korean won and he even got the last name right of the winner. Good job HankHaney!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twice this year on the course I've seen young Korean girls 13-15 walking with their mothers following them in the fairway.
It’s sickening

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge difference between what you are saying and Haney saying LPGA golf is terrible and a Korean would win the U.S. Open.

So you agree that there's a general decline in civility but you'll still argue that Haney's comments weren't uncivil because he was right. Got it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Hank was spot on. The event was boring as hell, a Korean won and he even got the last name right of the winner. Good job HankHaney!

Considering probably half the field was Korean, his chances went way up.

I played late morning yesterday so I didn't get to see the final, but I'm sure if Lexi had won, it would've been a much bigger deal for the LPGAT in general, but 73 on Sunday did her in.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hank Haney weighed in on a Korean named Lee winning the U.S. Women's Open. It didn't go perfectly

This is kinda funny...in one breath he said he couldn't name 6 LPGAT players by name, and now he's supporting his "prediction" based on "statistics and facts".

Maybe he knew more about the LPGAT than he was letting on.

Anybody watching the LPGAT at all on any level the last 10 yrs have seen a huge demographic swing to more players of Asian decent.

Finally...you and I can say the LPGAT is boring and we can debate back and forth on that issue...if that's how you feel, it is what it is. But if we're hosting a golf media radio show and nationally known swing instructor, you cannot.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you agree that there's a general decline in civility but you'll still argue that Haney's comments weren't uncivil because he was right. Got it.
Yes to the former, but Haney's comments lacked no civility,. he said nothing wrong. Lastly, the truth is always good, its never bad. It may hurt someone to know it but it always benefits them.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank Haney weighed in on a Korean named Lee winning the U.S. Women's Open. It didn't go perfectly

This is kinda funny...in one breath he said he couldn't name 6 LPGAT players by name, and now he's supporting his "prediction" based on "statistics and facts".

Maybe he knew more about the LPGAT than he was letting on.

Anybody watching the LPGAT at all on any level the last 10 yrs have seen a huge demographic swing to more players of Asian decent.

Finally...you and I can say the LPGAT is boring and we can debate back and forth on that issue...if that's how you feel, it is what it is. But if we're hosting a golf media radio show and nationally known swing instructor, you cannot.
I don't see why not but you are certainly entitled to your belief.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why not but you are certainly entitled to your belief.

Why not...it's America so in that sense I support his ability to say it. From a professional standpoint, I think demeaning a pro golf tour on a public media forum is just bad business whether it's true or not.

I think a more interesting topic would be talking about the elephant in the room. Delving into why Koreans have started to dominate the LPGAT.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not...it's America so in that sense I support his ability to say it. From a professional standpoint, I think demeaning a pro golf tour on a public media forum is just bad business whether it's true or not.

I think a more interesting topic would be talking about the elephant in the room. Delving into why Koreans have started to dominate the LPGAT.
I don't think that's a mystery if you've ever been there and see how disciplined they are as a society and how willing they are to work hard and accept advice and guidance from their teachers.
My daughter went to an American high school there when I worked in Korea and their softball team would play against women's teams from Samsung or Dae Woo or Hundai and the discipline in fundamentals and respect they had for their manager was light years ahead of our girls. I suspect the same is true for their professional golf program.
In my opinion, you'll soon see the same with their men though not to this extent. But for a small country, they will be well-represented on the men's tour.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's a mystery if you've ever been there and see how disciplined they are as a society and how willing they are to work hard and accept advice and guidance from their teachers.
My daughter went to an American high school there when I worked in Korea and their softball team would play against women's teams from Samsung or Dae Woo or Hundai and the discipline in fundamentals and respect they had for their manager was light years ahead of our girls. I suspect the same is true for their professional golf program.
In my opinion, you'll soon see the same with their men though not to this extent. But for a small country, they will be well-represented on the men's tour.

Never been there, a lot of Koreans are somewhat isolated to themselves socially probably because of the culture and language barriers, but we have a fairly large Korean population here and there are a few guys at the golf club that I know, play golf with and have asked that question of them.

The feedback that I've gotten, before Si Ri Pak, golf was strictly looked at as a male, rich person sport in Korea. Very few if any public access courses back then. After her USO win, which the entire country watched and embraced (she literally was a superstar back in Seoul).

The government started partially funding a golf training program and the girls in these programs shouldered a tremendous opportunity to improve their lives through golf.

On the boys side, they had KJ Choi, but his impact wasn't nearly the same.

This is my opinion now...we're seeing some male Asian players popping up around the world including the PGAT but I don't expect that we're going to see anywhere near the same kind of dominance the LPGAT has seen....a larger presence for sure, but the competition is so much more difficult than it was for the girls. You touched on it, but sometime ago the LPGAT lack of depth was quite obvious 5-10 yrs ago....you look at the scores on Saturday to see who made the cut, and there would be quite a few gals that were not breaking 80 on a weekly basis...that's not the case today.

We see the Asian girls on the LPGAT, but there are many more playing college golf and getting that free ride on scholarship. I just think they are more driven and the discipline aspects you mentioned are also factors.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been there, a lot of Koreans are somewhat isolated to themselves socially probably because of the culture and language barriers, but we have a fairly large Korean population here and there are a few guys at the golf club that I know, play golf with and have asked that question of them.

The feedback that I've gotten, before Si Ri Pak, golf was strictly looked at as a male, rich person sport in Korea. Very few if any public access courses back then. After her USO win, which the entire country watched and embraced (she literally was a superstar back in Seoul).

The government started partially funding a golf training program and the girls in these programs shouldered a tremendous opportunity to improve their lives through golf.

On the boys side, they had KJ Choi, but his impact wasn't nearly the same.

This is my opinion now...we're seeing some male Asian players popping up around the world including the PGAT but I don't expect that we're going to see anywhere near the same kind of dominance the LPGAT has seen....a larger presence for sure, but the competition is so much more difficult than it was for the girls. You touched on it, but sometime ago the LPGAT lack of depth was quite obvious 5-10 yrs ago....you look at the scores on Saturday to see who made the cut, and there would be quite a few gals that were not breaking 80 on a weekly basis...that's not the case today.

We see the Asian girls on the LPGAT, but there are many more playing college golf and getting that free ride on scholarship. I just think they are more driven and the discipline aspects you mentioned are also factors.
In my experience the Korans are a very strange culture. Its all about how Korea looks to the outside world but they treat each other horribly; especially between the class levels. The Korean is very goal oriented and single minded in almost every endeavor so it does not surprise me that they do well in sports like golf where it takes a lot of determination and perserverence to succeed. It comes out in some very ugly ways in their society but works well in sports. Remember the Korean boxer who got the "victory" over Roy Jones in the Seoul Olympics? Classic example of Korean culture.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaye Marie Green, damn she looked fine on Sunday.

Not sure why most of you find the LPGA boring. These women are reaching a par 5 544 yds in two, I think they're very talented golfers.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From hank Haney: “it’s amazing how Tiger Woods has become the moral authority on matters pertaining to women”
Lol! You tell’em Hank! Oh the irony! Woods is the last person who should express fake outrage over this

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow the NBA all that closely, but i think a black guy is going to win Finals MVP. ohhhh,I'm just the worst .

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure why most of you find the LPGA boring. These women are reaching a par 5 544 yds in two, I think they're very talented golfers.

Not the whole field is reaching 544 yd par 5s in two, probably 30% can, but I agree they're very talented players....considering most of us male weekend hacks are playing from 6000 to 6500 yds (about the same as a LPGAT layout) and the conditions (really fast fairways) shortens the course a little. But, the scores these women shoot compared to us is comical, they're so much better than we are.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes she did!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lookout world!!! This is my little girl at age 2 and she’s striping range balls offthe practice green with her plastic club. Lefty too

515E934E-AF7E-4149-87E7-5F30F5964746.jpeg