• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Babe Ruth or Bernie Williams (seriously)

Who's better (lol)?

• Total voters

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we won't have to deal with some scrawny soccer faggot trying to tell us that Bernie fucking, rag armed, carried by the Yankees line-up Williams compares in any way, shape or form to George Herman Ruth.

Oh my.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we won't have to deal with some scrawny soccer faggot trying to tell us that Bernie fucking, rag armed, carried by the Yankees line-up Williams compares in any way, shape or form to George Herman Ruth.

Oh my.
It's almost comical and I'd feel bad if he wasn't such a prick

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
handicappers is so gay that he posted on the Penalty Box about how many bets he was winning, people went to his account and saw that he was actually losing and was thus lying, so he restricted who can view his profile so people can't see his losses. Seriously, try to click on his profile

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh my.

Another idiot who will claim that everyone in the Yankees lineup was carried by the rest of the Yankees lineup

"Derek Jeter? He Sucked, he was carried by Bernie and the rest of the Yankees lineup"

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only voted for Ruth because I knew that Mel Hall would beat the fuck out of me once he got out of jail if I picked Bernie "Mr. Zero" Williams.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh my.

How could one be carried by the lineup when during numerous seasons he was their best hitter?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh my.

Another idiot who will claim that everyone in the Yankees lineup was carried by the rest of the Yankees lineup

"Derek Jeter? He Sucked, he was carried by Bernie and the rest of the Yankees lineup"

How could one be carried by the lineup when during numerous seasons he was their best hitter?

Guys, guys, guys. We're taking away from the real point. Someone actually, non-facetiously claimed that Bernie Williams is better than Babe Ruth

You guys are like the Five Families meeting to discuss about how to take out Tony Soprano but instead you're arguing about who's going to pay the bill

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, guys, guys. We're taking away from the real point. Someone actually, non-facetiously claimed that Bernie Williams is better than Babe Ruth

You guys are like the Five Families meeting to discuss about how to take out Tony Soprano but instead you're arguing about who's going to pay the bill

LOL.......Yankees/Red Sox brings out the worst in some

I think its just too im-measurable.....How do you quantify for the fact that Ruth didnt play vs Blacks and Latinos, as already mentioned? Than there is the opinion, which is probably true, that Bernie played in an era of far better athletes and much further advanced pitching

With that said, I think I have to say Babe Ruth was better than Bernie Williams

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think its just too im-measurable.....How do you quantify for the fact that Ruth didnt play vs Blacks and Latinos, as already mentioned? Than there is the opinion, which is probably true, that Bernie played in an era of far better athletes and much further advanced pitching

As I posted earlier, the league ERA and FIP was substantially lower in 1920-1929 than from 1995-2005. If anything, Williams' production should be slightly discredited for playing in such a hitter's era. Not to mention, there are stats that take into account league, era, and park factors like wOBA, wRC+, and OPS+, all of which Ruth obviously leads by a huge margin

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just trolling the Yankee fans for shits and giggles.

Williams was a good ball player, but to claim that he was better than Ruth is foolish.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Williams played against better athletes because of a different time period, isn't it safe to say he was a better athlete because of it?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just trolling the Yankee fans for shits and giggles.

Williams was a good ball player, but to claim that he was better than Ruth is foolish.
I actually recently heard that Babe Ruth batted against the Village People. That might change things...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Williams played against better athletes because of a different time period, isn't it safe to say he was a better athlete because of it?

Well, he was obviously a better athlete....The Babe was picked up at the local pub and driven to the game, his best playing condition, he still looked like he ate Pablo Sandoval

As far as playing in a better "Hitters' era", i think thats mostly attributable to PED's and not really worse pitching (and dont get me wrong, Bernie could have easily been on PED's)....

Wasnt the raising of the mound also supposed to play in the pitchers' advantage?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he was obviously a better athlete....The Babe was picked up at the local pub and driven to the game, his best playing condition, he still looked like he ate Pablo Sandoval

As far as playing in a better "Hitters' era", i think thats mostly attributable to PED's and not really worse pitching (and dont get me wrong, Bernie could have easily been on PED's)....

Wasnt the raising of the mound also supposed to play in the pitchers' advantage?
They lowered the mound in '69, making it easier for hitters

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pitchers couldn't/didn't use PEDs?