• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BA: Top 100

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will have the biggest impact this year? I like taijuan walker for this year.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will have the biggest impact this year? I like taijuan walker for this year.

I hope so. I have him in my farm system on my fantasy team but I can't imagine Tanaka not having the biggest impact this year. The guy is a prospect in name only.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. I have him in my farm system on my fantasy team but I can't imagine Tanaka not having the biggest impact this year. The guy is a prospect in name only.

True, i dont really consider tanaka a prospect myself though either, guess it makes sense. There are several players that came from japan with huge hype that had mediocre careers once they transitioned over here. I imagine its quite difficult. I actually like pineda this year for the yankees to be a great 2 behind CC.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People brag about prospects, but you know every year we get these top 100 list and how many actually pan out? It is great having a top rated prospect though, but it is damn hard to make it in the MLB.

Sometimes as a fan thats all you have, leave the royals fans alone. :)

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, i dont really consider tanaka a prospect myself though either, guess it makes sense. There are several players that came from japan with huge hype that had mediocre careers once they transitioned over here. I imagine its quite difficult. I actually like pineda this year for the yankees to be a great 2 behind CC.

Yeah, I'm confused why MLB teams continue to throw such big money at Japanese imports when they have such a poor record in relation to the money thrown. Tanaka is being paid ace money while the team itself seems to concede he's a middle of the rotation pitcher. It's a bit odd.

I think throwing big money at pitchers is always a mistake though.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm confused why MLB teams continue to throw such big money at Japanese imports when they have such a poor record in relation to the money thrown. Tanaka is being paid ace money while the team itself seems to concede he's a middle of the rotation pitcher. It's a bit odd.

Agree, i guess because simply put, they can...and theres no cap.

Anyhow so besides tanaka are is there any "true" prospect you think that will have the biggest impact for his team in 2014?

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, i guess because simply put, they can...and theres no cap.

Anyhow so besides tanaka are is there any "true" prospect you think that will have the biggest impact for his team in 2014?

I think the Mets' Travis d' Arnaud has a bright future if he can stay healthy. He certainly is going to get every opportunity to be the club's everyday catcher. A lot of guys on this list have tons of potential but they're so young and inexperienced that they won't even be called up in 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if they make the majors, I expect that highly rated prospects will be called up. It's whether or not they actually become good to great players. Lots of prospects come up and end up sucking.

Shitty old players are expensive too. Even top prospects that are average at the ML level have value. Even #4 or #5 starters from the farm have significant value.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
having only one Brewer on this list is a true testament to the piss poor drafting the organization has done and continues to do

:gaah:

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol Cashman said hes a #3 starter because hes trying to lower expectations. He doesn't need to come out saying "we expect him to be an ace". The Yankees will pitch Sabathia and Kuroda over him, but you don't pay someone $155 mil to be just a solid #3, you have to expect more.

And there are plenty of good Japanese pitchers in the MLB. The 2 most dominant Japanese pitchers I have seen come to the MLB are Darvish and Tanaka, no others compare to how good these 2 were over there. I really wanted the Yankees to go after Darvish and am happy they got Tanaka.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Cashman said hes a #3 starter because hes trying to lower expectations. He doesn't need to come out saying "we expect him to be an ace". The Yankees will pitch Sabathia and Kuroda over him, but you don't pay someone $155 mil to be just a solid #3, you have to expect more.

And there are plenty of good Japanese pitchers in the MLB. The 2 most dominant Japanese pitchers I have seen come to the MLB are Darvish and Tanaka, no others compare to how good these 2 were over there. I really wanted the Yankees to go after Darvish and am happy they got Tanaka.

Exactly how much pitching have you seen Tanaka do?

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what baseball is all about. I love seeing the rise and fall of prospects... Only about half of this will actually become good MLB players....

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what baseball is all about. I love seeing the rise and fall of prospects... Only about half of this will actually become good MLB players....

Or if your a mariners fan,,,,,tthe fall and fail.

Smoak, ackley, montero, saunders if you want to go further back jeff clement who seattle drafted ahead of tulo, bruan and zimmerman.

Ahh atleast i have the seahawks

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Mets' Travis d' Arnaud has a bright future if he can stay healthy. He certainly is going to get every opportunity to be the club's everyday catcher. A lot of guys on this list have tons of potential but they're so young and inexperienced that they won't even be called up in 2014.

Nice, thats what Im curious about...prospects that could have an impact this season if given the opportunity. I see besides yourself that my question did not facilitate too much discussion. Ah well, thanks for your input harang!