• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Thread

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave OSU too much credit.
Yup. I should have known better. Oral Roberts was a tough draw, but no excuse losing this game. Liddell is overrated and can't make free throws. We shot like 9-18 from the free throw line. That's mind boggling to me. They were slow on defense, almost lazy. Oh and the turnovers was the dagger that sealed our fate. Good luck to you guys!

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I should have known better. Oral Roberts was a tough draw, but no excuse losing this game. Liddell is overrated and can't make free throws. We shot like 9-18 from the free throw line. That's mind boggling to me. They were slow on defense, almost lazy. Oh and the turnovers was the dagger that sealed our fate. Good luck to you guys!
As long as you aren't talking shit because you beat us by 1 without Livers, I am fine with it. You guys should step up recruiting tho. Lidell and Washington are not players to build around.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as you aren't talking shit because you beat us by 1 without Livers, I am fine with it. You guys should step up recruiting tho. Lidell and Washington are not players to build around.
No way we beat you that game had Livers.played. Is he out of the tournament? I have you guys in the final four.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's against my religion to cheer for either Wisconsin or Iowa, so I guess, realistically, it's up to the Illini and Purdue to rep the B1G. The Illini could be the favorite in their region to get to the FF, and they've started off well. Purdue is probably a little more of a longshot, but could do it if they bring their A game to each game.

I love how Michigan fans and many other B1G fans acknowledge the Wolverines probably won't make the F4 with Livers out, and that his absence contributed to the loss to OSU. But Gopher fans refuse to acknowledge that being down 2-4 players can EVER be used as an excuse, any loss they suffered was purely Pitino's fault, now they are talking about hiring some guy with like 2 years of head coaching experience? lol Dumbsh1ts. I don't think any of you all will have to worry about the Gopher bb program anytime soon if the majority of fans get their way.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's against my religion to cheer for either Wisconsin or Iowa, so I guess, realistically, it's up to the Illini and Purdue to rep the B1G. The Illini could be the favorite in their region to get to the FF, and they've started off well. Purdue is probably a little more of a longshot, but could do it if they bring their A game to each game.

I love how Michigan fans and many other B1G fans acknowledge the Wolverines probably won't make the F4 with Livers out, and that his absence contributed to the loss to OSU. But Gopher fans refuse to acknowledge that being down 2-4 players can EVER be used as an excuse, any loss they suffered was purely Pitino's fault, now they are talking about hiring some guy with like 2 years of head coaching experience? lol Dumbsh1ts. I don't think any of you all will have to worry about the Gopher bb program anytime soon if the majority of fans get their way.

LOL at putting any hopes in Purdue in the tourney....that's like trying to boink the hot bartender...if she's not your gal, she's not your gal

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at putting any hopes in Purdue in the tourney....that's like trying to boink the hot bartender...if she's not your gal, she's not your gal
Well, losing to a team called North Texas, who had a worse record from playing in a putz conf, is pretty damned embarrassing.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if some of the guys in this thread were part of this group.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illinois' coach's and recruiters have to hate this draw. So much pressure to beat Loyola soundly. Otherwise, a recruiting war for Chicago area kids will be intense. If Loyola gets to the Sweet 16 and Elite Eight, they could be on the way to major uptick. Maybe even joining or replacing DePaul in the Big East.
It is time that Mid Majors with 20 up to 25 wins are not left out of the tournament in favor of Power Five teams with 8, 9 , 10 and even 12 losses that get bounced in the first weekend.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illinois' coach's and recruiters have to hate this draw. So much pressure to beat Loyola soundly. Otherwise, a recruiting war for Chicago area kids will be intense. If Loyola gets to the Sweet 16 and Elite Eight, they could be on the way to major uptick. Maybe even joining or replacing DePaul in the Big East.
It is time that Mid Majors with 20 up to 25 wins are not left out of the tournament in favor of Power Five teams with 8, 9 , 10 and even 12 losses that get bounced in the first weekend.
I think you are overselling recruiting impact a bit, but it is unfair that they have to play a top 10 kenpom team in the second round.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on all the above.

But Kyle Young was an essential ingredient to the team. Losing him made a difference, just like livers being out really puts a dent in scUM's ability to go all the way.

I'd like to know WTF happened to Illinois?!?!?!?! JFC. that was an unseen shitshow. They are better than that. they looked horrible.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on all the above.

But Kyle Young was an essential ingredient to the team. Losing him made a difference, just like livers being out really puts a dent in scUM's ability to go all the way.

I'd like to know WTF happened to Illinois?!?!?!?! JFC. that was an unseen shitshow. They are better than that. they looked horrible.
Loyola was just really really really under seeded . Ramblers were top 10 in the country by pretty much every advanced metric. I mean its still an upset just not as big a one as the seeds would tell you . Loyola probably should've been more like a 4 seed maybe even a 3

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on all the above.

Loyola is a sound, fundamentally good shooting team. They play as ultimate team and I think they can beat any team they play. IL didn't seem to know how to handle their disciplined D.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loyola was just really really really under seeded . Ramblers were top 10 in the country by pretty much every advanced metric. I mean its still an upset just not as big a one as the seeds would tell you . Loyola probably should've been more like a 4 seed maybe even a 3
You have to take a long look at the conference. Teams need to step up recruiting. I am looking at Iowa, OSU and Purdue and I don't see division 1 athletes. Illinois was the only team in the conference that I would call an above average athletic team. And yes they got screwed by playing a top 10 kenpom team in the second game.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to take a long look at the conference. Teams need to step up recruiting. I am looking at Iowa, OSU and Purdue and I don't see division 1 athletes. Illinois was the only team in the conference that I would call an above average athletic team. And yes they got screwed by playing a top 10 kenpom team in the second game.
Eh athleticism is overblown in basketball. This year aside the B10 has had as many F4 teams as any other conference so not winning a title for 20 years is more an aberration than anything. 1 and done tourney play often lends itself to the best team not always winning. I agree on recruiting but really it's tough in cbb. Lots of the best guys are 1 and done so you have to decide whether you want to build your program thar way

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh athleticism is overblown in basketball. This year aside the B10 has had as many F4 teams as any other conference so not winning a title for 20 years is more an aberration than anything. 1 and done tourney play often lends itself to the best team not always winning. I agree on recruiting but really it's tough in cbb. Lots of the best guys are 1 and done so you have to decide whether you want to build your program thar way
Let me rephrase. Big just needs to get better players overall but the three teams I listed in my previous post definitely lack team athleticism. I can actually say the same for the Wolverines. Austin Davis shouldn't even see a rotation in the Big. Dude is barely a MAC level player.

North Texas looked way more athletic than Purdue. That is a disgrace in itself.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me rephrase. Big just needs to get better players overall but the three teams I listed in my previous post definitely lack team athleticism. I can actually say the same for the Wolverines. Austin Davis shouldn't even see a rotation in the Big. Dude is barely a MAC level player.

North Texas looked way more athletic than Purdue. That is a disgrace in itself.
I just think "athleticism " is a convenient catchall when a team gets beat . Lots of teams who have lost so far this year were more athletic than the team who beat them. The reality is the B10 teams who got upset all played a bad game. OSU and Iowa played terrible D. Illinois turned it over and couldn't shoot. Same for Purdue. It happens . I don't think athleticism is the reason any of them lost though