• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Thread

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay Minnesota's great. Don't forget they haven't won a CFB national championship since the 60's. And mentioning the other sports accomplishments doesn't change that. But I did like watching Antoine Winfield Jr. play.

And one more thing. I've never made fun of the Gophers. I'm making fun of you. There's a difference.
No, you may not have, but others have, and THOSE are the people I had fun with, and who my posts about Minnesota are directed towards.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you may not have, but others have, and THOSE are the people I had fun with, and who my posts about Minnesota are directed towards.

You've gone off on me plenty of times, and I've never badmouthed Minnesota. But you really take your pro-Gophers stuff way too far.

Nobody care about all americans in hockey, baseball, soccer, golf and any other sports you've mentioned in an attempt to overly pimp-up your team.

Tone it down a little. If you'd do that people wouldn't give you so much shit all the time. Because to be honest you bring most of it upon yourself.

I know this won't change anything. But just keep in mind what I've said.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've gone off on me plenty of times, and I've never badmouthed Minnesota. But you really take your pro-Gophers stuff way too far.

Nobody care about all americans in hockey, baseball, soccer, golf and any other sports you've mentioned in an attempt to overly pimp-up your team.

Tone it down a little. If you'd do that people wouldn't give you so much shit all the time. Because to be honest you bring most of it upon yourself.

I know this won't change anything. But just keep in mind what I've said.
If I went off on you, you probably deserved it. You claim that you've never badmouthed Minnesota? Doesn't mean you didn't badmouth someone or something else associated with Minnesota. And I could care less what you do or don't care about.

Apparently enough people care about hockey that the Miracle on Ice, for example, where a bunch of young Minnesotans, led by a genius Minnesota born and bred coach, did the impossible and beat an unbeatable team, lifting the entire nation out of a national funk, and so that Miracle on Ice was named the Greatest Sports Upset of the 20th Century.

Apparently enough people care about hockey that they pay a former Gopher 8 million a year to keep playing hockey in the NHL. Some of the former Gopher baseball players do pretty good for themselves as well. Like Dave Winfield who at one time in the past achieved the status of the Highest paid athlete in the world! ;)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I went off on you, you probably deserved it. You claim that you've never badmouthed Minnesota? Doesn't mean you didn't badmouth someone or something else associated with Minnesota. And I could care less what you do or don't care about.

Apparently enough people care about hockey that the Miracle on Ice, for example, where a bunch of young Minnesotans, led by a genius Minnesota born and bred coach, did the impossible and beat an unbeatable team, lifting the entire nation out of a national funk, and so that Miracle on Ice was named the Greatest Sports Upset of the 20th Century.

Apparently enough people care about hockey that they pay a former Gopher 8 million a year to keep playing hockey in the NHL. Some of the former Gopher baseball players do pretty good for themselves as well. Like Dave Winfield who at one time in the past achieved the status of the Highest paid athlete in the world! ;)

"If I went off on you, you probably deserved it."

You're such a dumbfuck. Find a comment of mine where I badmouthed the Gophers. Making fun of your stupid ass doesn't mean I took any shots at your Gophers.

And I stand by what I said. I've never made fun Minnesota. The only BigTen team I make fun of is that community college in ann arbor.

You're no different than some meeeechegan fans. Thinking Minnesota accomplishments of past makes them somehow relevant in today's game. Homer on! It's what you do best.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to basketball

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Gophers seem to have filled out their bb roster. Anyone have any ideas as to whether or not they will be any good?

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was preferring to hear from a Gopher fan who might know more about the players that are onboard. But again, I'm thinking you are right, lol.
they'll be brutal this year, but this year isn't about w/l

Ben had to balance recuriting for 2021 and 2022 and shifted his focus into 22

21 will be learning year, we'll belucky to win 5 B1G games, and probably in the 2-3 range

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they'll be brutal this year, but this year isn't about w/l

Ben had to balance recuriting for 2021 and 2022 and shifted his focus into 22

21 will be learning year, we'll belucky to win 5 B1G games, and probably in the 2-3 range
Is he doing a good job of recruiting for the future?

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gophers don't have nearly enough talent to do anything this year and I know 3 games is small sample size for coaching, but I've been impressed by spacing on offense and defensive rotations

our complete lack of front court depth and no true PG will hurt, but this season I wanted to see effort, offensive sets, and defense

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welp...
as of today the B1G is batting -100% against B.EAST in the Gavitt Games... Marquette punked Illinois 67-66; Providence dropped Wisconsin 63-58; Creighton plowed Nebraska 77-69; and Seton Hall plucked Michigan's cherry 67-65.

MSU @ Butler and St. Johns @ Indiana tonite.
OSU @ Xavier and Rutgers @ DePaul Thursday.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welp...
as of today the B1G is batting -100% against B.EAST in the Gavitt Games... Marquette punked Illinois 67-66; Providence dropped Wisconsin 63-58; Creighton plowed Nebraska 77-69; and Seton Hall plucked Michigan's cherry 67-65.

MSU @ Butler and St. Johns @ Indiana tonite.
OSU @ Xavier and Rutgers @ DePaul Thursday.
Creighton always beats nebraska....

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gophers now #1 in the RPI. lol First time EVER I'm bummed the RPI doesn't count for diddly. Stupidest rating system EVER created.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Purdue, Illinois and tbh MSU has looked like the 3rd best team. Michigan looks massively overrated and don't have a good starting PG.