• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, so? lol I've never claimed anything about UMn or Minnesota that wasn't true.

Well except that Minnesota has some of the most elite facilities in the country. Seriously that was a reason why you said Fleck will never leave the Gophers. You also claimed Minnesota has deep pockets and they'll be able to keep Fleck. They might have deep pockets. But their pockets aren't as deep as say Notre Dame's.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About damn time you posted something to back up what you're saying. Good for you. First time you've done that.
I've posted sh1t to back me up a lot. But like I already mentioned, some sh1t shouldn't need to be backed up. Everyone acknowledges certain things, like # of Natl Titles teams have, # of Hall of Famers teams have produced, shit like that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've posted sh1t to back me up a lot. But like I already mentioned, some sh1t shouldn't need to be backed up. Everyone acknowledges certain things, like # of Natl Titles teams have, # of Hall of Famers teams have produced, shit like that.

How many CFB national titles do you say Minnesota has, mention the year as well? I wanna see if you say they have more than what ncaa-.com has listed.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well except that Minnesota has some of the most elite facilities in the country. Seriously that was a reason why you said Fleck will never leave the Gophers. You also claimed Minnesota has deep pockets and they'll be able to keep Fleck. They might have deep pockets. But their pockets aren't as deep as say Notre Dame's.
That would depend on what you consider "elite". Minnesota has some of the NEWEST facilities in the country. Minnesota is also IN THE B1G. Fleck is also a very UNIQUE kind of coach. Most top programs don't want his kind of UNIQUE. By the time Fleck accomplishes enough to change those programs minds about taking him in, Minnesota fans will step up and pony up. Minnesota DOES have deep pockets, and if Fleck truly succeeds, and I mean things like Division Titles at the minimum, but maybe Conf Titles and CFP appearances, then Minnesota fans/alumni would definitely open up their deep pockets. Minnesota also has one of the largest alumni bases in the nation, along with OSU, of course. If I claimed anything, it was merely that there WAS A CHANCE, that Fleck MIGHT choose to retire at Minnesota. Minnesota COULD become a final destination program for the top coaches in the nation, if Fleck meets the high expectations some here in Minnesota have for him. And he may leave, in fact, he'll most likely leave, meaning 51% chance or higher, and it might be his replacement that reaches the pinnacle of Minnesota's potential, not Fleck. I only acknowledged THE FACT that it could be Fleck who gets Minnesota to that point?!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many CFB national titles do you say Minnesota has, mention the year as well? I wanna see if you say they have more than what ncaa-.com has listed.
Since when is ncaa-.com the end all and be all of authorities?

UMn, depending on who you ask, has SIX recognized Natl Titles, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941 & 1960.
UMn, depending on who you ask, has between one and four additional Natl Titles, 1903, 1904, 1911 & 1915.

I only rarely mention those 4, and when I do, I ALWAYS acknowledge that they are not officially "recognized" Natl Titles.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would depend on what you consider "elite". Minnesota has some of the NEWEST facilities in the country. Minnesota is also IN THE B1G. Fleck is also a very UNIQUE kind of coach. Most top programs don't want his kind of UNIQUE. By the time Fleck accomplishes enough to change those programs minds about taking him in, Minnesota fans will step up and pony up. Minnesota DOES have deep pockets, and if Fleck truly succeeds, and I mean things like Division Titles at the minimum, but maybe Conf Titles and CFP appearances, then Minnesota fans/alumni would definitely open up their deep pockets. Minnesota also has one of the largest alumni bases in the nation, along with OSU, of course. If I claimed anything, it was merely that there WAS A CHANCE, that Fleck MIGHT choose to retire at Minnesota. Minnesota COULD become a final destination program for the top coaches in the nation, if Fleck meets the high expectations some here in Minnesota have for him. And he may leave, in fact, he'll most likely leave, meaning 51% chance or higher, and it might be his replacement that reaches the pinnacle of Minnesota's potential, not Fleck. I only acknowledged THE FACT that it could be Fleck who gets Minnesota to that point?!

I'm not reading this. Break it up instead of using one big paragraph.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't give UMn/Minnesota more credit than it deserves. I only credit them for being the most important force that brought the North a win against the South in the Civil War, helping the Allies win WW2, winning the fight for Civil Rights for blacks/women/LGBTQ folk, helping America dominate the space race, helping America get out of the funk it was in, in the 70s. I mean, just little things like that. ;)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when is ncaa-.com the end all and be all of authorities?

UMn, depending on who you ask, has SIX recognized Natl Titles, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941 & 1960.
UMn, depending on who you ask, has between one and four additional Natl Titles, 1903, 1904, 1911 & 1915.

I only rarely mention those 4, and when I do, I ALWAYS acknowledge that they are not officially "recognized" Natl Titles.

So you need an explanation as to what the NCAA is? Too funny. Holy shit, figure it out yourself. 1903, '04, '11 & '15? Not according to ncaa-.com.

03- meeeechegan & Princeton
04- meeeechegan & Penn
11- Penn State & Princeton
15- Cornell

Well now that makes two super-duper fans here on h.oopla that take pride in so called titles from more than 100 years ago. The other being meeeechegan homer trustmeimright. You keep good company.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would depend on what you consider "elite".

Minnesota has some of the NEWEST facilities in the country.

Minnesota is also IN THE B1G. Fleck is also a very UNIQUE kind of coach.

Most top programs don't want his kind of UNIQUE. By the time Fleck accomplishes enough to change those programs minds about taking him in, Minnesota fans will step up and pony up. Minnesota DOES have deep pockets, and if Fleck truly succeeds, and I mean things like Division Titles at the minimum, but maybe Conf Titles and CFP appearances, then Minnesota fans/alumni would definitely open up their deep pockets.

Minnesota also has one of the largest alumni bases in the nation, along with OSU, of course. If I claimed anything, it was merely that there WAS A CHANCE, that Fleck MIGHT choose to retire at Minnesota. Minnesota COULD become a final destination program for the top coaches in the nation, if Fleck meets the high expectations some here in Minnesota have for him. And he may leave, in fact, he'll most likely leave, meaning 51% chance or higher, and it might be his replacement that reaches the pinnacle of Minnesota's potential, not Fleck. I only acknowledged THE FACT that it could be Fleck who gets Minnesota to that point?!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you need an explanation as to what the NCAA is? Too funny. Holy shit, figure it out yourself. 1903, '04, '11 & '15? Not according to ncaa-.com.

04- meeeechegan & Penn
15- Cornell

Well now that makes two super-duper fans here on h.oopla that take pride in so called titles from more than 100 years ago. The other being meeeechegan homer trustmeimright. You keep good company.
The NCAA didn't exist before 1915, moron. lol

in 1903, Minnesota went undefeated, played Michigan and DID NOT LOSE to them. So why would Michigan being given the nod by the NCAA in retrospect mean anything authoritative?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

04- meeeechegan & Penn
15- Cornell

Those 4 titles are easily documented dude, maybe if you had more than a shallow depth of knowledge about college football history?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

04- meeeechegan & Penn
15- Cornell

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA didn't exist before 1915, moron. lol

in 1903, Minnesota went undefeated, played Michigan and DID NOT LOSE to them. So why would Michigan being given the nod by the NCAA in retrospect mean anything authoritative?

Hey dumbbell their list of CFB national champs goes back to 1869. I'll go with what they say, not what some homer wants to think.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 4 titles are easily documented dude, maybe if you had more than a shallow depth of knowledge about college football history?

My bad for going by what ncaa-.com says and not you. I forgot you think you know everything.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do know more about cfb history than you, a lot more.

Of course you do.

@trojanfan12

What the hell was the name of the fella that started the Russell Wilson thread and told people he knew everything about sports? I'm drawing a blank. Because fredsdeadfriend kinda reminds me of him.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you do.

@trojanfan12

What the hell was the name of the fella that started the Russell Wilson thread and told people he knew everything about sports? I'm drawing a blank. Because fredsdeadfriend kinda reminds me of him.
I never said I knew everything about sports. And claiming I know more than you about cfb history is hardly saying much, as it's obvious you know very little about it, which is fine, you are an OSU fan, why would you need to know much about cfb history. See, I'm a Gopher fb fan, it helps alot to know a lot about cfb history as it helps my enjoyment of being a Gopher fb fan. DUH!!! lol

And I know a ton about the Univ of Mn and the state of Minnesota, because it was a fun to look all that up and then throw it in the face of people who dissed Minnesota. It was fun getting the best of ignorant people who didn't know any better, who thought Minnesota was an easy target to pick on. I enjoy the challenge of making it more challenging for people to do that. It's that simple, really.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you do.

@trojanfan12

You talking about Razon with his 2 Russell Wilson threads

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said I knew everything about sports. And claiming I know more than you about cfb history is hardly saying much, as it's obvious you know very little about it, which is fine, you are an OSU fan, why would you need to know much about cfb history. See, I'm a Gopher fb fan, it helps alot to know a lot about cfb history as it helps my enjoyment of being a Gopher fb fan. DUH!!! lol

And I know a ton about the Univ of Mn and the state of Minnesota, because it was a fun to look all that up and then throw it in the face of people who dissed Minnesota. It was fun getting the best of ignorant people who didn't know any better, who thought Minnesota was an easy target to pick on. I enjoy the challenge of making it more challenging for people to do that. It's that simple, really.

Okay Minnesota's great. Don't forget they haven't won a CFB national championship since the 60's. And mentioning the other sports accomplishments doesn't change that. But I did like watching Antoine Winfield Jr. play.

And one more thing. I've never made fun of the Gophers. I'm making fun of you. There's a difference.