• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G bowl games

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G added "Holiday Bowl" and "Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl". They have also developed a tier system for their bowl games.

Top Tier

*Capitol One
*Outback
*Holiday

Middle Tier

*Gator/Music City Bowl (sharing a tie-in during six-year agreement)
*Kraft Fight Hunger
*Pinstripe

Lower Tier

*Heart of Dallas/Armed Forces (sharing a tie-in during six year agreement)
*Detroit (new bowl managed by the Detroit Lions)

The Big Ten could add another lower-tier bowl on the East Coast, and the Military Bowl in the Washington D.C. area is a possibility. Dropping out of the Big Ten's lineup are the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl, the Meineke Care Care Bowl of Texas and the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl.

The Rose Bowl remains in its own tier for the Big Ten, and the league also will appear in the Orange Bowl at least three times between 2014-26. In those seasons, an ACC team would take the Big Ten's spot in the Capital One Bowl, sources have told colleagues Brett McMurphy and Heather Dinich.

B1G to adopt tiered bowl selection process - Big Ten Blog - ESPN

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of tie ins. Gonna need to expand to more teams just to fill all the spots......

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like adding the Holiday Bowl to bring in more games in CA. The Pinstripe Bowl is rather :meh: but oh well.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ohio State is playing in any of those games their season sucked.

Careful, I said similar things about Alabama and got called pathetic.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is great if the Detroit Bowl will be called that and not the stinking Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl!

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is great if the Detroit Bowl will be called that and not the stinking Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl!

I think that when Delaney mentioned this bowl he said that it wouldn't be Pizza Bowl. I can guarantee you though that it won't be the Detroit Bowl. Maybe something like the SPORTSHOOPLA.COM Detroit Bowl.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that when Delaney mentioned this bowl he said that it wouldn't be Pizza Bowl. I can guarantee you though that it won't be the Detroit Bowl. Maybe something like the SPORTSHOOPLA.COM Detroit Bowl.

:10:

I am excited about getting the ACC vs. B1G match up in the Pinstripe bowl game. Should be huge for the NY fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be sweet. We could give the players a hundred "Thumbs Up" in the SWAG bag.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10:

I am excited about getting the ACC vs. B1G match up in the Pinstripe bowl game. Should be huge for the NY fans.

I'm excited about the Orange Bowl deal. Hell, I'm just excited that they are shaking things up. I mean we had 3 bowl games against the SEC and Big 12 but only one against the Pac and none against the ACC. Now we'll have 3 against the Pac and potentially 2 against the ACC. Pretty sure we are done with the MAC game altogether also. Good stuff!!!

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so as of 2014 CFP the B1G goes....

1 CFP semi or auto berth
2 CFP auto spot #2
3 Cap One
4 Outback
5 Holiday
and so on.

Surprised Gator slipped so low.

I love the Holiday move. San Diego is a great destination bowl and it always seems to have a big game atmosphere for a non BCS/CFP/NewYear bowl.

PAC
goes

1 CFP auto
2 CFP (at large) Would be my guess most years PAC gets 2, but isnt guarenteed.
3 Alamo
4 Holiday
5 KFH
6 Sun
and the rest

So this means Holiday will be B1Gs #5 vs PAC #4 and KFH B1G #7 vs PAC #5.

Should be some good matchups.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check this out from: Report: ACC, Pinstripe Bowl Agree To New 6-Year Deal - Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Magician

According to this article:

"Beginning in 2014, the Pinstripe Bowl will share the ACC's third through sixth selections with the Belk, Sun and Gator/Music City bowls, sources said. The Orange Bowl will get the ACC champion -- or the league's first selection after any ACC teams that have qualified for the College Football Playoff semifinals.

The Russell Athletic Bowl will get the ACC's next selection after the Orange Bowl, sources said. The ACC also will have a deal with the Capital One Bowl that will allow the league to replace the Big Ten in the bowl if the Big Ten sends a team to the Orange, where it would play the ACC, a source said. In the Capital One Bowl, the ACC would play a team from the SEC.

In the ACC's new bowl lineup, the league also is expected to be part of a new Detroit bowl against the Big Ten, ESPN reported in May.

So Detroit is kicking that MAC to the curb? How rude of them!

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check this out from: Report: ACC, Pinstripe Bowl Agree To New 6-Year Deal - Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Magician

According to this article:

"Beginning in 2014, the Pinstripe Bowl will share the ACC's third through sixth selections with the Belk, Sun and Gator/Music City bowls, sources said. The Orange Bowl will get the ACC champion -- or the league's first selection after any ACC teams that have qualified for the College Football Playoff semifinals.

The Russell Athletic Bowl will get the ACC's next selection after the Orange Bowl, sources said. The ACC also will have a deal with the Capital One Bowl that will allow the league to replace the Big Ten in the bowl if the Big Ten sends a team to the Orange, where it would play the ACC, a source said. In the Capital One Bowl, the ACC would play a team from the SEC.

In the ACC's new bowl lineup, the league also is expected to be part of a new Detroit bowl against the Big Ten, ESPN reported in May.

So Detroit is kicking that MAC to the curb? How rude of them!

That's why I was saying the B1G looks to be about done with the MAC. They Pretty much said they were planning to schedule them less during the season also. Trying to beef up schedules. So it may be possibly 3 bowls in a season with the ACC. Good stuff!!

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't be more sick of going to Cap 1 and Holiday bowls.

2 of each in the last 4 years if I'm not mistaken.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I was saying the B1G looks to be about done with the MAC. They Pretty much said they were planning to schedule them less during the season also. Trying to beef up schedules. So it may be possibly 3 bowls in a season with the ACC. Good stuff!!

I like this deal a lot, too. The Big Ten gets to go to the Orange Bowl at least 3 out of the next 6 years while the ACC gets to go to the Capital One Bowl when the B1G rep goes to the Orange. That's sweet for both conferences.

We'll share the tie-in for the Gator and Music City Bowls, rotating between the two. Each conference gets to add a new bowl to its list.

And we'll play each other in the Pinstripe and in Detroit. Not bad for Swofford and Delaney to come up with this.

The B1G got a real steal with the Holiday Bowl and kept the Cap One & Outback.

The Military Bowl might take the ACC #10 team vs. the B1G #10 team as well. We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the same time as long as it's a different team in the cap 1, like say Florida or Alabama, I would be all for us playing there again.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the same time as long as it's a different team in the cap 1, like say Florida or Alabama, I would be all for us playing there again.

I imagine you guys have a hunkering to go to the Tournament of Roses parade - oh, and the bowl game, too!

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine you guys have a hunkering to go to the Tournament of Roses parade - oh, and the bowl game, too!

No we don't play second fiddle to anyone at Nebraska.

Making it to the Rose Bowl is nice and all, but point blank that's a failed season.

We are about National Championships around here.

Some programs in this conference preach to their team that the Rose Bowl is the ultimate goal.

That's a losers attitude and you're never going to win a title with that kind of attitude. Maybe that explains why Wisconsin's never done anything.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiscy has this up in their facilities.
ncf_e_wisconsin-sign01jr_576.jpg

Might as well say "The Road to Never Being Remembered Begins Here."