• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B12 expansion

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said huskers blame Texas for everything, especially on these boards and you couldn't help yourself and blamed Texas for leaving the big ten. Thank you, I rest my case. See ya in the next big 12 thread huskers.

oh big 12

4c3bf4f0-dff6-0132-4637-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

LMAO

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not magic, it's being the flagship school in a talent rich state. Look, congrats on finishing around 25 in recruiting the past few years, that's pretty much where Nebraska will be from now on. And Texas beat Baylor last season, so if you want to edit your post to get your foot out of your mouth I won't judge.
Want a cookie for beating Baylor? Didn't know Texas had fallen so far. I'll go ahead and trust the experts' opinions on the future of Nebraska recruiting over a random Longhorn fan on the internet.
No, you guys didn't leave for more money, you left because of big bad Texas. Didn't anybody give you the husker fan playbook?
We left for a better opportunity in a better conference. End of story.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want a cookie for beating Baylor? Didn't know Texas had fallen so far. I'll go ahead and trust the experts' opinions on the future of Nebraska recruiting over a random Longhorn fan on the internet.

We left for a better opportunity in a better conference. End of story.

Yes you did, now tell your friends.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor will now revert back to their typical 8-10 loss selves and the B12 will take another step back as a conference.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU will pick up a lot of the recruits, they already have started to recruit a lot better. Kingsbury at Tech might gain the most from Baylor's downfall, he was lagging way behind UT, TCU, and Baylor in recruiting.
I was including TCU in the two teams.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, you seem bitter.

You need to read this book, by past KSU President Jon Wefald

The Transformative Years at Kansas State: The Years of President Jon Wefald from 1986 to 2009

hell I'm not bitter.

just tired of hearing from Husker fan that Texas is the reason civilization is heading down the crapper.

It's just like this Baylor tragedy. The delusion of some Baylor fans that actually think Texas brought all this on because Baylor beat Texas a few times. I mean, that's hardcore, blind delusion. Conspiracy theorists run amok. Guess they've migrated from the corn belt down to Waco.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The book that says Nebraska died when due to no more partial qualifiers?

If Texas was so high on academics, how come Texas athletes are not leading the nation in Academic All Americans?

Vince Young scores a 6 on the Wonderlic. Please, tell me, what his qualifications were. The look at lot less worse than partial. Just what kind of education do students get at Texas?

50 Question Wonderlic Sample Test Exam | WTS

I scored an 84 and did not answer the last four questions, so those were counted as incorrect. I was 42 for 46 on the ones I did answer.

There you go Texas Longhorns, lets see what you can do. I only took it once.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh Lord. Now it's the 'academics thing again', which is important because of the 'partial qualifiers' thing.

It just never ends.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh Lord. Now it's the 'academics thing again', which is important because of the 'partial qualifiers' thing.

It just never ends.

Oh Lord a Texas fan that thinks everything revolves around them.

It never ends.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It just never ends.

Your boy Lance Armstrong brought it up. Deal with it.

Texas got their wish, the Big 12 Conference. Texas is still trying to mold it to their vision.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the old days, there was Graduation Success Rate.

Now, during the formation of the Big 12, which school had one of the worst GSRs? University of Texas.

A New Way to Keep Score

The men's athletics director at the University of Texas at Austin, DeLoss Dodds, said that the statistics in Monday's report were "from classes that entered during the years 1995-98," and that today's Longhorns "were attending middle school at that time." He added: "These rates do not reflect the work of our current student-athletes and coaching staffs."

Texas at Austin
Football Team 31% according to Texas
Basketball Team 40% according to Texas
According to the Federal Data
Football 10%
Basketball 25%

University of Oklahoma
Football Team 38% according to Texas
Basketball Team 51% according to Texas
Football 25%
Basketball 33%

University of Memphis
Football Team 48% according to Texas
Basketball Team 61% according to Texas
Football 13%
Basketball 25%

University of Nevada Reno(now called University of Nevada)
Football Team 41% according to Texas
Basketball Team 56% according to Texas
Football 20%
Basketball 14%

Okay, lets get a little more current

Graduation rate numbers lag for UT men's teams | www.statesman.com

For the four classes that entered from 1999-2002 — and in each case were given six years to graduate under NCAA guidelines — only 49 percent of Longhorns football players earned their degrees. None of the 25 schools listed in this week's BCS rankings, where Texas sits at No. 3, had a lower rate.

Oregon and Georgia Tech matched Texas at 49 percent while No. 1 Florida had a 69 percent graduation rate. No. 2 Alabama had a graduation rate of 67 percent.

Of the Big 12 football programs, only Oklahoma, at 45 percent, had a lower rate than UT.

The Texas baseball team, at 37 percent, had the lowest graduation rate for the 10 Big 12 schools that play the sport. Men's basketball, at 47 percent, ranked eighth in the Big 12.

UT was the only Big 12 school to score under 50 percent in all three of those sports.

"We're into graduating kids," said University of Texas men's athletics director DeLoss Dodds, who added that he didn't consider the GSR to be the most accurate measure of academic success.

"That's what we rely on most, on the APR," Dodds said. "We're doing really well there."

A little more currrent

Academic Progress Rate keeps University of Texas out of bowl game

Texas fans really should not act like their football team is super dee duper in academics.

Last edited:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas fans really should not act like their football team is super dee duper in academics.
I ain't gonna defend the rusty cows or anyone else when it comes to graduation rates. IIRC, the student populations at large don't have real high ones much less the athletes. Especially in a four year window. Some students have to work so it takes 6-8 years....even if they stay with it!

Other than Stanford, Rice and Northwestern, just who would you say is "super dee duper" in academics? And those three might even be perception more than reality.

I view high ones and low ones with a skeptical eye. Those things can be manipulated just by lowering requirements, rigor of classes, etc. Just ask UNC...and I doubt they are the only ones that have done such...and may still be doing so.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Husker fan- His team cant beat Texas on the field, so dammit! They're going to win somewhere... athletic academia!

Plus he shows a list comparing Texas to Memphis, Nevada Reno and OU.

Does he understand that Texas is the number one public university in the country? That the level of academics, even in the shitty easy classes, has to be higher than those other illustrious institutions? No, of course not. Because it does not fit his view.

Good Lord, why in the hell did you let me get caught up in this nonsense. I'm not going to say another word about it...go ahead and hammer Texas all you want.

Know what it shows the entire world? That you are a poor loser.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just Nebraska fans butt hurt over Texas? Don't really see Missouri, Colorado or A&M fans hating Texas once they left. I mean A&M fans don't seem to like Texas but not obsessing while they left

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just Nebraska fans butt hurt over Texas? Don't really see Missouri, Colorado or A&M fans hating Texas once they left. I mean A&M fans don't seem to like Texas but not obsessing while they left
Dude the aTm fans hate pretty hard and here aren't any Colorado fans on the bd.

For the record the Texas fans hate on the buskers as well its a two way street. Don't believe me? Start a thread bashing Nebraska and watch em flock. Just be prepared that the Nebraska posters will stalk you for 6 months afterwards.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska hates it because they realize now that they sold their identity, tradition and very souls by leaving OU and Texas and the history they had in the Big12 for..... Iowa, Wisconsin and a little more money .

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska hates it because they realize now that they sold their identity, tradition and very souls by leaving OU and Texas and the history they had in the Big12 for..... Iowa, Wisconsin and a little more money .
Our history and tradition went out the window at the formation of the Big 12. We didn't even play OU every year after that. Funny that a WVU fan would be talking crap about that...you guys would have been SOL had we not left. I can guarantee the Big 12 would have much preferred to keep Nebraska than expand to West Virginia.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They should really let the 2009 championship game go.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude the aTm fans hate pretty hard and here aren't any Colorado fans on the bd.

For the record the Texas fans hate on the buskers as well its a two way street. Don't believe me? Start a thread bashing Nebraska and watch em flock. Just be prepared that the Nebraska posters will stalk you for 6 months afterwards.

A&M will hate Texas regardless, but I've just never heard about Missouri fans complaining about Texas and we have Colorado people on the radio all the time talking and I've never heard them once mention Texas once they came to the Pac12..maybe it's a message board thing, was just curious.