• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AZ-SF

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck winning that internet argument fellas. Weird how every time you think you get closer to your goal it gets further away.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever argument you have with teams in the state, overall, are clearly separate from me calling you out on your ignorance of UofA, and specifically UofA basketball. I couldn't care less about any team in Phoenix. As far as you and I are concerned, our argument is centered on what I covered above. Clearly, the stats and facts indicate that you are almost exclusively full of shit, with regard to UofA (especially UofA basketball).

Truth is, although I follow all UofA athletics because I am an alum, I am definitely not a big fan of football (even UofA). I root for them, but I know that they are a fairly mediocre program. I won't go into the fact that this is only Rich Rod's 2nd year, in which last year he had the #16 passing QB, 3 1000 yard receivers, and the nations best RB. I understand that AZ had a defense full of freshman and walk-ons (because again, it was his first year), and yet they still managed to beat #18 OkSt, and #9 USC last year while barely losing to #18 Oregon State (by 3), and at Stanford in OT. I think many AZ fans feel that going 8-5 against a top 20 SOS with a bowl win was pretty respectable for Rich Rod's first year. And with only a slightly improved defense from last year, after having lost that QB (replaced with a pretty weak JC transfer), and having our best player out also (WR Austin Hill, the #6 receiver in the nation last year), that this year is going to be a challenge. I don't think that many AZ fans are expecting as much as you are from them. And if getting beat by 7 is getting "whupped" (I looked that up and couldn't find the definition to that word in the dictionary, maybe that means getting beat by a TD), then maybe you should temper your expectations.

But basketball is a completely different story. Your opinion that AZ basketball is anything less than one of the best programs in the country (top 10, hell, I'll even go top 12 if it makes you feel better) is clearly not supported by any facts.

And AZ basketball having "underperformed for years"? What are your facts on that? Is it because AZ has made the tourney in 27 of the last 29 years? Or do you want to focus on the two years that we didn't make it? Did you know that AZ went through 4 different coaches in 4 consecutive years and still had a coach who had never coached a single NCAA D1 game take them to the Sweet 16? That sounds like underperforming. Or maybe that when Sean Miller came in, the program was pretty much gutted from the lack of recruiting and the uncertainty in coaching that he basically started from scratch, and in his 2nd year made it to the Elite Eight, stomped the defending champs (Duke) by 16 and was a 3 ball away from beating the eventual national champs (UConn)? You're right, that sounds like some solid underperformance. How close or far back do you want to go so that your argument that AZ "has underperformed for years" fits into your nice little box of truth? Because from what I can see, since 1997 (your previous marker of AZ being the team most upset in the tourney), AZ has gone to 13 tournaments, 8 Sweet 16s, 5 Elite 8s, a Final Four, and a National Championship Runner-Up. They have also won 5 Pac 12 Championships, and had 20 draft picks. Again, all of that was with 4 different coaches.

Is that too far back? Did you only want to talk about a first round loss back in 1999 to Oklahoma, a first round loss in 2007 to Purdue, not making the tourney in 2010 for the first time in 25 consecutive years (which ties UNC for the most all-time), and a first round NIT loss (AZ's first and only NIT game) to Bucknell in 2012, as the facts that AZ has "underperformed for years"? Because if your argument rests on cherry-picking those four TEAMS spread out over 14 years of collective success, then I'm not sure that your statement holds any weight.

But please, go on with your infinite knowledge of all things AZ basketball. We are all waiting with bated breath for you to enlighten us with more opinions, without backing any of it up with facts or statistics.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, your comment regarding Burfict being the best run stopping MLB in the NFL. Stop it. Just stop. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Secondly, both Bowman and Willis have been and are considered two of the best run stopping ILB in the NFL and it's not really close. They are also considered the best coverage ILBs in the NFL and THAT's not really close either, really half the reason we can stay in our base package as often as we do. As far as pass rushing, our defense doesn't ask our ILB to provide much pass rushing pressure because we have OLB that are more then effective in rushing the passer but if you actually focused on pass rushing attempts and the productivity that come from it, then per attempt both Willis and Bowman are better then Washington in QB pressure as well.

And then there is the suspensions due to PED use....

I understand you like your guy, but cherry picking sacks stats in order to make the huge statement on a Niners board that your guy is sacking the qb a few times therefore he is the best in the NFL is laughable.

I like your passion though. Just tone down the hyperbole a bit.

Why does Burfict rack up so many tackles than? I think he should be up there it's not something that is so far out of the question he's big and strong. Can make goal line tackles and wrap up throw players to the ground and he has unbelievable technique it's not a crazy comment because it's not so crazy that I look like an idiot Burfict could be the best run stopping MLB.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Burfict rack up so many tackles than? I think he should be up there it's not something that is so far out of the question he's big and strong. Can make goal line tackles and wrap up throw players to the ground and he has unbelievable technique it's not a crazy comment because it's not so crazy that I look like an idiot Burfict could be the best run stopping MLB.
Good job by you and others throwing this way off of the topic of the OP...go away.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good job by you and others throwing this way off of the topic of the OP...go away.

I'd been making a point of avoiding this thread all week. Opened it up today to see if it was worth reading and first thing I see is a Zona fan claiming Burfict is the best run stopper in the league because he has lots of tackles.

GTFO with that.

I made the right decision originally, and will now go back to ignoring the Cardinal trolls.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd been making a point of avoiding this thread all week. Opened it up today to see if it was worth reading and first thing I see is a Zona fan claiming Burfict is the best run stopper in the league because he has lots of tackles.

GTFO with that.

I made the right decision originally, and will now go back to ignoring the Cardinal trolls.
Good call. I will do the same.