• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AZ-SF

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You, sir, are apparently a complete idiot with regard to college basketball, if you seriously feel that way about anything you wrote about UofA. Do you really want me to pull stats, because I will give you an opportunity to admit that you are either joking, or completely full of shit.

Yes. I'll wait.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your an idiot. First off Bowman just gets tackles. While Washington is quicker, more of a force and is the best pass rushing MLB in the league, he has improved his coverage and added perfect weight to be an even better run stopper. Look at how well the defense played against the Panthers in Washington's return? He's a force and a glue guy. Bowman and Willis rack up tackles because teams double your defensive line.

First off, your comment regarding Burfict being the best run stopping MLB in the NFL. Stop it. Just stop. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Secondly, both Bowman and Willis have been and are considered two of the best run stopping ILB in the NFL and it's not really close. They are also considered the best coverage ILBs in the NFL and THAT's not really close either, really half the reason we can stay in our base package as often as we do. As far as pass rushing, our defense doesn't ask our ILB to provide much pass rushing pressure because we have OLB that are more then effective in rushing the passer but if you actually focused on pass rushing attempts and the productivity that come from it, then per attempt both Willis and Bowman are better then Washington in QB pressure as well.

And then there is the suspensions due to PED use....

I understand you like your guy, but cherry picking sacks stats in order to make the huge statement on a Niners board that your guy is sacking the qb a few times therefore he is the best in the NFL is laughable.

I like your passion though. Just tone down the hyperbole a bit.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are preparing somebody to ' get owned' you failed big time.

In his defense it is a difficult and time-consuming task to try and put together a highlight reel of Arizona sports highlights It takes a LOT of research.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his defense it is a difficult and time-consuming task to try and put together a highlight reel of Arizona sports highlights It takes a LOT of research.

UofA basketball = top ten program all-time

That's all I need to say, CTP will say the rest. I don't like getting into it with trolls. Because that is clearly what you are doing here. I didn't come on here to trash anyone's team, you started the shit talking. I wished you guys luck and said it should be a good game, but only on the niners boards will I get attacked for that. :clap: bravo

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UofA basketball = top ten program all-time

That's all I need to say, CTP will say the rest. I don't like getting into it with trolls. Because that is clearly what you are doing here. I didn't come on here to trash anyone's team, you started the shit talking. I wished you guys luck and said it should be a good game, but only on the niners boards will I get attacked for that. :clap: bravo

Oh, well, in that case, consider me "owned".

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I'll wait.

Alright little buddy. I guess the first thing I should do is define an "upset by an inferior team". Not sure if you know, but it wouldn't be an upset if they lost to a superior team, right? Just want to make sure we're on the same page here. So I began to look it up, and it got boring after about 5 minutes because it's already ridiculous how wrong you are. Anyway, to start with you idea that AZ somehow leads basketball in upsets since they won the NC in 1997, I just want to point a couple things out. AZ has lost twice to teams with a worse seed than them. While technically that qualifies as an upset, one of those losses was as a nine seed, so they lost to an eight seed. I think it's a stretch to call that an upset, but I'll give it to you, just to help you out. However, after about 2 minutes of a basic google search, I found that Notre Dame, Xavier, Florida, Duke, Marquette, Clemson, Temple, Vandy, Syracuse, and Indiana (I stopped there, just to keep it at the round number of 10) all have not only at least two upsets, but they have at least two upsets as either a 6 seed, 5 seed, 4 seed, 3 seed, or 2 seed. Typically, those are considered to be the actual upsets, but again, I'm not one to split hairs. I also decided not to look up any of THOSE teams, or the numerous others who have "been upset" at least twice as 7 seeds, or 8 seeds, because again, I don't want to nit-pick. Suffice to say, you are definitely talking out of your ass.

As far as AZ being a nowhere school in a nowhere town, I am assuming that we are talking about athletics, you I'll keep that as the topic.

As far as athletics are concerned, AZ has been ranked in the Director's Cup standings (nation's top athletic programs) in 8 out of its 20 years in existence. They are also one of only 4 school in the country to be ranked in football, basketball, and baseball all in the same year at some point in two out of the last three years. Aside from the fact that ESPN ranked AZ as the #10 basketball program in the last 50 years, the baseball team has also been to the CWS 16 times with 4 titles (the last in 2012). AZ softball has been to 13 SCWS in just over the last 20 years with 8 titles. Candrea, their coach, coached the US to Olympic Gold in the 2004 Games in Athens. I'm not sure how far you want me to go as far as naming athletic alumni from this nowhere school, but I guess by naming anyone from Terry Francona, Jennie Finch, Annika Sorenstam, Jim Furyk, Josh Pastner, Kenny Lofton, Trevor Hoffman, Rob Gronkowski, Teddy, Bruschi, Lance Briggs, Chuck Cecil, Amanda Beard, Coyotes' Coyote's owner Steve Kerr, and Angels' owner Arte Moreno, I guess you get the idea. As far as a nowhere town, it's produced Ian Kinsler, JJ Hardy, Shelly Duncan, Tom Wilhelmsen, Scott Hairston, Sean Elliott, Ron Hassey, the Bates Bros, Kerri Strug, and Vance Johnson.

In conclusion, with regard to AZ and their NBA talent, ESPN just ranked AZ #6 in NBA talent produced since 1988 (when the draft was cut to two rounds). They have produced 36 picks in the last 25 years, which is tied for the most with Kentucky (AZ was alone in first until UK went on their recent run of draft picks). Arizona is #3 in schools in terms of total salary by NBA players. They have made over 1 billion dollars and are only third behind Duke and UNC. As far as establishing players as great, that's obviously subjective, but I'll say that having Arenas in the top ten in scoring for a few years in a row, with Richard Jefferson in the Top 10 and top 15 for a nice stretch was pretty significant. Bibby, Damon Stoudamire, Jason Terry, and Andre Iguodala all either knee deep or hovering in the top ten range in assists isn't bad either. Obviously, for AZ to be #6 in basketball producing NBA talent in the last 25 years, they have to be doing something right. If you need a list of who from AZ is/was in the NBA, I'll let you look that up.

I guess ultimately, I would definitely not say that UofA is not the end-all-be-all of athletics. Certainly Cal, Stanford, Ucla, Florida, Texas, etc. are the top tier. However, for you to try and dismiss AZ basketball's success, and the success of UofA in general is extremely ignorant. AZ is pervasive in every major sport, the olympics, coaching, and ownership. Doesn't sound anything like a "nowhere school in a nowhere town" to me. But then again, please, don't let the facts get in the way of your ignorance.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright little buddy. I guess the first thing I should do is define an "upset by an inferior team". Not sure if you know, but it wouldn't be an upset if they lost to a superior team, right? Just want to make sure we're on the same page here. So I began to look it up, and it got boring after about 5 minutes because it's already ridiculous how wrong you are. Anyway, to start with you idea that AZ somehow leads basketball in upsets since they won the NC in 1997, I just want to point a couple things out. AZ has lost twice to teams with a worse seed than them. While technically that qualifies as an upset, one of those losses was as a nine seed, so they lost to an eight seed. I think it's a stretch to call that an upset, but I'll give it to you, just to help you out. However, after about 2 minutes of a basic google search, I found that Notre Dame, Xavier, Florida, Duke, Marquette, Clemson, Temple, Vandy, Syracuse, and Indiana (I stopped there, just to keep it at the round number of 10) all have not only at least two upsets, but they have at least two upsets as either a 6 seed, 5 seed, 4 seed, 3 seed, or 2 seed. Typically, those are considered to be the actual upsets, but again, I'm not one to split hairs. I also decided not to look up any of THOSE teams, or the numerous others who have "been upset" at least twice as 7 seeds, or 8 seeds, because again, I don't want to nit-pick. Suffice to say, you are definitely talking out of your ass.

As far as AZ being a nowhere school in a nowhere town, I am assuming that we are talking about athletics, you I'll keep that as the topic.

As far as athletics are concerned, AZ has been ranked in the Director's Cup standings (nation's top athletic programs) in 8 out of its 20 years in existence. They are also one of only 4 school in the country to be ranked in football, basketball, and baseball all in the same year at some point in two out of the last three years. Aside from the fact that ESPN ranked AZ as the #10 basketball program in the last 50 years, the baseball team has also been to the CWS 16 times with 4 titles (the last in 2012). AZ softball has been to 13 SCWS in just over the last 20 years with 8 titles. Candrea, their coach, coached the US to Olympic Gold in the 2004 Games in Athens. I'm not sure how far you want me to go as far as naming athletic alumni from this nowhere school, but I guess by naming anyone from Terry Francona, Jennie Finch, Annika Sorenstam, Jim Furyk, Josh Pastner, Kenny Lofton, Trevor Hoffman, Rob Gronkowski, Teddy, Bruschi, Lance Briggs, Chuck Cecil, Amanda Beard, Coyotes' Coyote's owner Steve Kerr, and Angels' owner Arte Moreno, I guess you get the idea. As far as a nowhere town, it's produced Ian Kinsler, JJ Hardy, Shelly Duncan, Tom Wilhelmsen, Scott Hairston, Sean Elliott, Ron Hassey, the Bates Bros, Kerri Strug, and Vance Johnson.

In conclusion, with regard to AZ and their NBA talent, ESPN just ranked AZ #6 in NBA talent produced since 1988 (when the draft was cut to two rounds). They have produced 36 picks in the last 25 years, which is tied for the most with Kentucky (AZ was alone in first until UK went on their recent run of draft picks). Arizona is #3 in schools in terms of total salary by NBA players. They have made over 1 billion dollars and are only third behind Duke and UNC. As far as establishing players as great, that's obviously subjective, but I'll say that having Arenas in the top ten in scoring for a few years in a row, with Richard Jefferson in the Top 10 and top 15 for a nice stretch was pretty significant. Bibby, Damon Stoudamire, Jason Terry, and Andre Iguodala all either knee deep or hovering in the top ten range in assists isn't bad either. Obviously, for AZ to be #6 in basketball producing NBA talent in the last 25 years, they have to be doing something right. If you need a list of who from AZ is/was in the NBA, I'll let you look that up.

I guess ultimately, I would definitely not say that UofA is not the end-all-be-all of athletics. Certainly Cal, Stanford, Ucla, Florida, Texas, etc. are the top tier. However, for you to try and dismiss AZ basketball's success, and the success of UofA in general is extremely ignorant. AZ is pervasive in every major sport, the olympics, coaching, and ownership. Doesn't sound anything like a "nowhere school in a nowhere town" to me. But then again, please, don't let the facts get in the way of your ignorance.

Lmao don't get CTP mad he will shred you up.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And they just got whupped last night by a school on probation with only 22 scholarship athletes, missing their best player, and coming off their coach being fired. You go Cats!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And they just got whupped last night by a school on probation with only 22 scholarship athletes, missing their best player, and coming off their coach being fired. You go Cats!

You're basically conceding defeat with that response.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're basically conceding defeat with that response.

I stand by my original statement that its gotta suck to be a fan of Arizona sports teams. U of A is a bush league school in a cow town. Their basketball team has underpeformed for years and the pro teams are awful and have inferiority complexes; especially the D'backs who face a hostile crowd in every home game.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I stand by my original statement that its gotta suck to be a fan of Arizona sports teams. U of A is a bush league school in a cow town. Their basketball team has underpeformed for years and the pro teams are awful and have inferiority complexes; especially the D'backs who face a hostile crowd in every home game.

That may be. But the response focusing on football, in response to a post that was clearly focusing on basketball, was a distraction from the main thrust of the conversation.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be. But the response focusing on football, in response to a post that was clearly focusing on basketball, was a distraction from the main thrust of the conversation.

Better look back a little further and you will see that the Basketball at U of A was a weak attempt to change the original subject which was "Its got to suck to be a fan of Arizona sports teams". I brought it back on topic.