• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Awkward Overreaction from week 1: Are The Eagles The Best Team in the NFC East?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a reasonable review after 1 week, but remember that he too is a rookie. He was going against what will probably be the best DLine in the league this year. He spent all game helping block for his rookie QB, so he didn't get to hang out in the flat and get room to operate. I didn't see many times where I was thinking "why run into the pile when a hole is open over there". He just had no holes to hit last week. I think he can do much better against Washington. Thought I expect to see blitzing from WAS about 75% of the time. That keeps Zeke in the backfield and keeps Dak from standing tall.

Yeah, I know.....he may turn out to be the offensive ROY but I just wasn't impressed with him. Not talking about just his stats either, just his overall ability and running style.

I didn't see a lot of him at Ohio State, but I sure heard the hype.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week One Overreaction:

Clowney finally living up to being the #1 pick in the draft. (Check back in Week 4, he should be back on IR by then).

Now hold on,

This is a conversation about the Eagles, and this might be the only week of good talk about them sooo
take that stepson talk about the AFC south else where.......geez!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using this reasoning, the Niners are the best team in the NFC West.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a reasonable review after 1 week, but remember that he too is a rookie. He was going against what will probably be the best DLine in the league this year. He spent all game helping block for his rookie QB, so he didn't get to hang out in the flat and get room to operate. I didn't see many times where I was thinking "why run into the pile when a hole is open over there". He just had no holes to hit last week. I think he can do much better against Washington. Thought I expect to see blitzing from WAS about 75% of the time. That keeps Zeke in the backfield and keeps Dak from standing tall.

Don't the Cowboys have arguably the best OL in the league and a top tier blocking TE?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's not a dominant division right now, Eagles were in it last year until a week 16 loss to the Giants, and we can debate if losing Chip as a personnel guy/coach was a positive or not. So not like SF winning with Seattle and Arizona in the division.

I think they were in the conversation this year, certainly not leading it but depending on how Dak/Cousins do and how NY's free agents do it is an open division for all 4 teams.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating the Browns in a home opener, now more impressive than going into Dallas and kicking Ezeke Elliots' dick in now

Wonderfu

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know.....he may turn out to be the offensive ROY but I just wasn't impressed with him. Not talking about just his stats either, just his overall ability and running style.

I didn't see a lot of him at Ohio State, but I sure heard the hype.

i get it. Hard to be impressed when he is diving just to get back to the LoS.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't the Cowboys have arguably the best OL in the league and a top tier blocking TE?

Yes.

That doesn't mean that they won't run into an equally impressive DLine that puts up a fight.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not the best after week 1 but certainly in the mix.

A week ago a couple folk asked if the eagles were tanking because they started a rookie QB. Sheesh

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams. They looked awful last night.

The rams will be fine, I mean as usual they have been recently. So many people were dumb thinking LA would win week 1 considering SF has made it a pain for opposing offenses in Levi's.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is going to be just fine and I think they'll be in the mix for the NFC East title.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz will struggle... Soon! They are getting ready to lose one of the best RT in the game and he will face much better D's. Ertz could be severely hurt too cutting back on an all ready poor group of receivers. Tough times are coming.

I can't believe people are questioning Zeek all ready. AP got stoned this week too.

Lastly, the Eagles D is good and a star CB away from being dam good. Last week people were saying Philly was the worst team in the league which ant even close to true. They look like a 7-9 team to me. They need a young LT and desperately need a star WR to grow with Wentz.

Oh, those two deep TD passes were GORGEOUS Mr. Wentz!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is going to be just fine and I think they'll be in the mix for the NFC East title.

When you get a minute could you please change your avatar to a Cowboy helmet. You were in the Cowboys forum saying "We" when you were referring to the Cowboys. You could also register as the 100th Lakers/Cowboy fan on this board too. No rush though.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked as impressive as any of the other East teams this week, even if it was against the Browns.

I love Philly. They were a shit show until Chip Kelly showed up and helped install a winning attitude with back to back 10-6 seasons, and helped bring studs like Jordan Matthews to the team. He should have never been canned, but it's the Niners gain. Pederson should do a good job where Chip left off. Getting Schwartz as DC was the greatest under the radar move of the off season. Got them in both my FF leagues this year. They're gonna tear it up all year on D. If Wentz can do his part, they have as good a chance to win the East as anybody there.