• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

awesome

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kiper gave the Niners draft a C+. Same as last year!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

not surprising cause AJ Jenkins doesn't have the name recognition. if we took say Reuben Randle or Fleener or Konz, grade would've jumped up to 'A'. also, is he counting additional picks for next season?

like most here, not worried about it now. if we hope to do well again LAST years class is more key.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't have insider but let's see if I can sum it up..

"They have WR's and RB's on the team, why did they draft more? They should have taken guard in the first 2 rounds. Also, they didn't even pick in the third, horrible management."

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If that draft class ends up being as good as last years, I'll take a C+ every year.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Lol SI gave us a D with this priceless quote in their note about us.

grabbed LaMichael James at 61 — James has home-run potential, but the 49ers already have a crowded backfield with similar players.

Yea because Jacobs, Gore, Dixon, and even Hunter are similar to James.............
Might be nice if you actually know the team's roster before commenting on their draft.

SI Draft grades

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WHAAAAAAAT??? Trading down from the 3rd round was a great move! What a stupid statement.

not going so far as 'great' but certainly looks good to me? mainly because Looney appears as good a guard prospect as we'd get in round 3? so we obtain additional picks and didn't lose much, if any, on an OG prospect.

those picks next draft will make a difference, those aren't just 'flyer' picks.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think the move was great because the Niners got a 3rd rounder in next year's draft. That was my #1 goal for this draft: future picks.

...Well, it was my #2 goal. My #1 goal was drafting Poe, but that wasn't gonna happen.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the move was great because the Niners got a 3rd rounder in next year's draft. That was my #1 goal for this draft: future picks.

...Well, it was my #2 goal. My #1 goal was drafting Poe, but that wasn't gonna happen.

haaaa, well i certainly agree that 3rd rounder is a big difference.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol SI gave us a D with this priceless quote in their note about us.

grabbed LaMichael James at 61 — James has home-run potential, but the 49ers already have a crowded backfield with similar players.

Yea because Jacobs, Gore, Dixon, and even Hunter are similar to James.............
Might be nice if you actually know the team's roster before commenting on their draft.

SI Draft grades

Why are we being graded on what we have and not on the potential of what we drafted? Makes no sense to me.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can somebody with NFL insider please post the grades?

Here is the 49ers grade by Kiper, if you are interested in any other teams let me know

San Francisco 49ers

Top needs: RG, WR, S, CB, RB

Summary: San Francisco is working a "no excuses" plan. Meaning, the 49ers have added enough pieces to this offense via both free agency and the draft that Alex Smith should continue to develop. If he can't get to the next level with this group, my guess is Jim Harbaugh will look for someone who can. A.J. Jenkins was a bit of a reach on my board, but I know the 49ers really liked him. I'm a huge fan of LaMichael James, and I had a change-of-pace running back as one of their needs. Joe Looney is a decent player, though he's no immediate upgrade like I felt they needed. Trent Robinson has a chance to be a starter at some point, but I thought they could have used a corner. Not a bad draft at all, and you could see their strategy. It's tough to add early impact to a good roster.
Round Pick Position Player College
(1) 30 WR A.J. Jenkins Illinois
(2) 61 RB LaMichael James Oregon
(4) 117 G Joe Looney Wake Forest
(5) 165 LB Darius Fleming Notre Dame
(6) 180 S Trent Robinson Michigan State
(6) 199 C Jason Slowey Western Oregon
(7) 237 LB Cam Johnson Virginia

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just more reason to be excited about next years draft.

Indeed, it is starting to show that we are not just going to be a one year team, but a team that is building for the future as well

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was really excited about all the picks we picked up in next years draft. If the franchise doesn't think Kap is our QB of the future then we have the ability to move up to draft one.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter King LOVED what the team did in his column today. And said Balkke was the co-best GM of the weekend.