• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Avs Name Landeskog Captain

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super, you make good points. He's a freaking beast. I guess I just tend to wonder about the team dynamic in these situations. I suppose that's why you have "A"s out there though. Vocal leadership. "Lead by example" has certainly been the trend of the young Captains across the league. Not necessarily your typical outspoken leader, but one that earns it. I just hesitate to think 82 games is earning it. But hey, I'm not in the locker room.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really. I hear ya Bro, Detroit should move to a city where a good team can sell out a few games, Quebec maybe??

NHL-Attendance3.png

I bet the Avs attendance is boosted by their "First 100 in the door get their numbers hung from the rafters" promotion.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a bit premature, but Hejduk gave up the C. Duchene had an injury riddled season last year. I guess they don't think Stastny is Captain material. The player I'm surprised they didn't give it too is Erik Johnson.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a bit premature, but Hejduk gave up the C. Duchene had an injury riddled season last year. I guess they don't think Stastny is Captain material. The player I'm surprised they didn't give it too is Erik Johnson.

That would be a really bad idea, it's a prerequisite that any legit Avs captain needs to be a proficient golf cart operator.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to have worked out well.

/injury not withstanding

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This joke will be a massive reach (much like the Avalanche naming Landeskog captain right now), but perhaps naming a "dreamy" Landeskog captain is a metaphor for the Avalanche's playoff chances being in the "in your dreams" territory...
Interesting take looking back.

Since naming him captain, the Avs have been to the playoffs 7 times, including each of the last 6 years.

Last edited: