• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Avs Name Landeskog Captain

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this interesting (as isn't it usually customary for the players to decide (i.e. vote on) who gets the "C".

The Colorado Avalanche Hockey Club announced today that forward Gabriel Landeskog has been named team captain. Landeskog was appointed captain by Avalanche head coach Joe Sacco after Milan Hejduk informed the coaching staff that he has relinquished his role.

Hejduk, who served as captain during the 2011-12 campaign, will remain as an assistant captain this upcoming season along with Paul Stastny.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though...what are they gonna do if he has some crazy sophomore slump? Once again comparing it to the Sid situation, they had a good core already at that point. What...what do the Avs have? Duchene...and...Steve Downie? An over paid Statsny?

Leadership traits don't have sophomore slumps. You either have it or you don't.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though...what are they gonna do if he has some crazy sophomore slump? Once again comparing it to the Sid situation, they had a good core already at that point. What...what do the Avs have? Duchene...and...Steve Downie? An over paid Statsny?

It won't be an issue seeing as there isn't gonna be a sophomore season for Gabriel.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who only watch your team play.. I'll take Landeskog any day, this kid led by example last year game in and game out.. It wasn't just about him scoring, he took a 100% with him every shift. He wasn't a flash in the pan Like Sid or the Robotic twinkies. He'll be around for a long time to come..

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I haven't seen much of the kid. I'm still never to keen on having such a young Capt.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I haven't seen much of the kid. I'm still never to keen on having such a young Capt.

Meh, I could care less about age, Sometimes actions are what counts, this kid never took a shift off last year. He is physical and can score, I can't say that about half the captains in the league.. Can you?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I could care less about age, Sometimes actions are what counts, this kid never took a shift off last year. He is physical and can score, I can't say that about half the captains in the league.. Can you?

Half? Probably not even a quarter.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OV... Weber... Nash... That's about all I can think of. And Nash isn't a Capt. anymore.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this interesting (as isn't it usually customary for the players to decide (i.e. vote on) who gets the "C".

The Colorado Avalanche Hockey Club announced today that forward Gabriel Landeskog has been named team captain. Landeskog was appointed captain by Avalanche head coach Joe Sacco after Milan Hejduk informed the coaching staff that he has relinquished his role.

Hejduk, who served as captain during the 2011-12 campaign, will remain as an assistant captain this upcoming season along with Paul Stastny.

Seriously, why are there so many writers that can't grasp that the "A" on the jersey stands for alternate captain? That's one of those things that always bothers me.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen and heard the "kid" is a true leader and total pro, but (like Giroux) I'm not so keen on the young bucks having to be strapped with the added pressure.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen and heard the "kid" is a true leader and total pro, but (like Giroux) I'm not so keen on the young bucks having to be strapped with the added pressure.

I agree, Tox - The kid looks like he's gonna be a good one for years to come and probably warrants the captaincy in a few years. Hey, it could work out just fine. I just find it kind of odd that Sacco named him captain when he was close to getting canned last season.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Tox - The kid looks like he's gonna be a good one for years to come and probably warrants the captaincy in a few years. Hey, it could work out just fine. I just find it kind of odd that Sacco named him captain when he was close to getting canned last season.

Dash, if you look at the run the AV's had late in the season, Varlomov and Landeskog carried that team on their backs, They probably saved Sacco his job, lol. If he just goes out and plays his game he will be a fine Captain, I see a lot of Joe Sakic in him.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you're right about that SF. We as fans deserve a player of his caliber playing at a high level.

His high level....not yours. lol :becky:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol The ol "thanks for saving my ass" promotion on the fly trick...

images

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll still take Captain Caveman. FTW !!!

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who only watch your team play.. I'll take Landeskog any day, this kid led by example last year game in and game out.. It wasn't just about him scoring, he took a 100% with him every shift. He wasn't a flash in the pan Like Sid or the Robotic twinkies. He'll be around for a long time to come..

notSureIfsrs.jpeg