• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Avengers 4: Endgame (2019)

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't you need peak human strength and athleticism, like Cap, to effortlessly throw the shield?

Basically, the new Cap will be weaker because the serum doesn't exist anymore, right?

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start by giving it a 8/10. Now for some of the issues I had...

1.Too many convenient plot points. (Captain Marvel showing up at random, Nebulas head going haywire, Ironman knowing everything about quantum physics while simultaneously having an AI computer system being able to do every-fucking-thing for him, Ironman somehow knowing about the stone and pym particles in the 70s BEFORE he was even born... which means Stark isn't even 50 but he sure as hell looks it) Etc.

2. Thanos. He isn't the same guy. For starters he destroys the stones in the beginning. The reason he gives? To avoid temptation. But he just got done talking about having the strongest wills (do you or don't you), even shedding a tear for having to sacrifice Gamora, someone he cared about. He should have left it at 'so no one else could use them' or 'undo what he's done'. Then in this new timeline, Thanos finds out about all this. Meaning he KNOWS he succeeds in his timeline even though he doesn't know how (essentially implying destiny)... so he decides to fuck that up by leaving his timeline even though he has the 'strongest will' out of greed or impatience. Also, in the first movie, it seemed as though he knew everyone and damn near everything. He was "cursed with knowledge", nothing surprised him. Now? He doesn't seem to know dick. Then, in the end, he talks about enjoying the killing and destruction of this planet (which would make sense), but in the first movie his fighting/killing seems merely a byproduct of his mission. He sees himself as a good guy making an incredibly hard decision. Now he just seems like an ordinary bad guy.

3. As I said about Captain Marvel, some feminist scenes can be done right and feel organic like the ending scene with Jude Law and her say 'I don't have to prove myself to you'. It was a smart, classy, intelligent, superior move. In here there is a MASSIVE battle underway and SOMEHOW all the women ended up around each other in that 'she has help' scene... as if she needs any help. Spiderman asks her 'how are you going to get through them'.... BRO, she JUST flew through a giantic spaceship, why would feeble bodies be more difficult? Never mind the fact that she can fly fucking UPWARDS and away from everyone.

4. In the beginning, Tony mentions that they are lightyears away and only have one day left of oxygen. Captain Marvel shows up (conveniently, but whatever) and somehow gets them back to Earth in at least a day.... from being LIGHTYEARS away. She can do all this shit and is insanely strong and NOW I have to believe she can travel faster than the speed of light? C'mon man.

5. I don't care that Falcon is the new 'Captain America', I like Mackey. But how is it going to make sense if he isn't a 'super soldier' like Rogers was?

6. Why did Cap age? I understand he went back and lived in that time, but I could have swore that in the first Captain America movie it is hinted that he regenerates too fast to age or something like that. Plus he was in ice for 70 years... the cold will slow aging, not eliminate it and realistically, he would have died in those conditions. So he didn't die and didn't age.... all because of ice. It isn't a fucking cyrogenic chamber.

7. He met his girl in the 40's during WW2. Why the hell is it now the 70s, arguably at least 25 years later and she looks the same?

I'll stop there. Let me know if I am wrong about something and am just forgetting a piece of information that makes something make more sense.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now for what I liked...

1. Acting was solid.

2. CGI was fantastic.

3. The motivations of the Avengers actions made sense. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

4. Dr. Hulk worked. I was worried about it, but I thought it worked rather well. Pretty convenient given there is no REAL story to show how it all worked out, but just take it in stride.

5. Cap becoming "worthy". Using the hammer was pretty sweet. Thor's litle 'I knew it' and 'You have the little one' were awesome lines. Some realization from the foreshadowing in Age of Ultron.

6. Thor being fat, lazy, depressed, and anxious worked. I almost got annoyed with it, but once Rocket slapped him and told him about it, the audience knew it wasn't over-acting, it is just part of how Thor handled the situation.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically, the new Cap will be weaker because the serum doesn't exist anymore, right?
They can go back in time anytime they want now. Serum is just a transport away.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think this spoils anything but I dont want to chance revealing anything to anyone. I was super annoyed Paul Bettany/Vision didnt show up in the end credits when each character got their time. Jarvis/Vision was in more than most of the characters.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think this spoils anything but I dont want to chance revealing anything to anyone. I was super annoyed Paul Bettany/Vision didnt show up in the end credits when each character got their time. Jarvis/Vision was in more than most of the characters.

Jarvis was in the movie. Just not Bettany. He was the driver for Howard Stark when Tony and Cap went to the 70's.

But I know what you mean. They made mention at the end that they couldn't bring Vision back though when Scarlet Witch says something to the effect of 'they couldn't bring either of them back'. That was who I thought she was talking about since it came from her.

Granted now that they can time travel and apparently pulling Gamora from her own timeline doesn't hurt anything... they should be able to do the same for BW and IM. And it wouldn't really hurt anything story wise lol

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarvis was in the movie. Just not Bettany. He was the driver for Howard Stark when Tony and Cap went to the 70's.

But I know what you mean. They made mention at the end that they couldn't bring Vision back though when Scarlet Witch says something to the effect of 'they couldn't bring either of them back'. That was who I thought she was talking about since it came from her.

Granted now that they can time travel and apparently pulling Gamora from her own timeline doesn't hurt anything... they should be able to do the same for BW and IM. And it wouldn't really hurt anything story wise lol
i was more talking about the end credits when others got their individual time on the screen

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. In the beginning, Tony mentions that they are lightyears away and only have one day left of oxygen. Captain Marvel shows up (conveniently, but whatever) and somehow gets them back to Earth in at least a day.... from being LIGHTYEARS away. She can do all this shit and is insanely strong and NOW I have to believe she can travel faster than the speed of light? C'mon man.

So, she can't directly travel faster than the speed of light. She uses jump points.

This is actually related to something you asked a while back in the Captain Marvel thread:

A few more things... 1. why do they need a "lightspeed drive" when all these spaceships use jump points?

Jump points exist at specific locations in space. Captain Marvel and spaceships can't travel at lightspeed, not directly, but they can use jump points to instantaneously "jump" to other jump points, even if those other jump points are light-years apart in space.

However, again, jump points exist at specific locations in space. This is a significant drawback to them, as they don't let you go anywhere, but only to other jump points. So it's easy to get to places near jump points, but hard to get to places that are far away from jump points. This is where the lightspeed drive came in, and why it was so valuable: in the Captain Marvel movie, it would let the Skrulls flee to places far away from jump points, so that the Kree could not pursue them easily.

To use an analogy, think of jump points as train stations and the lightspeed drive as a car. Train stations are really useful for getting from one train station to another. But what do you do if the place you need to get to is far away from any train station? Well, you take the train to the nearest station, and then you drive the rest of the way in a car.

:suds:

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it...

Fat Thor
“Avengers Assemble”
Cap wielding Mjolnir
Decent use of time travel, and I HATE time travel as a solution

Professor Hulk
Hulk handling a stone with his bare hand without batting an eye
Girl Power Unite
Mary Sue to the rescue

i have no idea if others have come up with this theory already, but...

When Fat Thor summons Mjolnir from the Asgard timeline, I don’t think he took Muscle Thor’s Hammer. I think he took Cap’s Hammer.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen it, so don't want any details but will it really make much difference if I don't see Captain Marvel before End Game?
You won’t know who Mary Sue is if you don’t see Mary Sue: The Motion Picture

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, I liked it. The effects and acting were solid, with some really compelling and emotional scenes.

I'm not thrilled with the time travel plot, but they did not go about in an overly lazy, convenient way, like most movies or shows do.

Also, the oversaturation of characters in these last few movies bothers me a bit. I understand why they do it, but it comes across as a bit forced and messy.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These 8 Chinese posters form a polyptych: ;)

k5ndoe7xf0v21.jpg

They're actually releasing these posters as a series to celebrate reaching specific box office milestones. Thus, as more milestones are reached, more posters are getting released. It's now up from 8 to 14 posters:

b34qofqiq6w21.png

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, when I saw that 10 second clip of the women all together I knew that there would be a bunch of dudes offended that a comic book movie would try to appeal to non-males. How dare they try to appeal to the other 50% of the population.

Because they are deplorable.

:peep:

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the new captain America

Falcon takes over the role in the comics. Bucky does for a bit too.

It wouldn’t make sense for Thor to do it, he has no real connection to America.

Without taking the super serum stuff CA did, I don't see how he can be such a bad ass. Just with his wings? He gets popped in face and he won't get up and say, "I can do this all day".

I am about done with these movies but will watch some Guardians as it still looks fun.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s exactly the same as he was in the comics when he was able to make a Bruce/Hulk combo.

If we are doing "it is the way of the comics" then stick to it. If we are going with what is in the movies, don't switch up to "well, it is the way of the comics" People will complain.

Hulk was just bad.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll probably go off this;
main-qimg-db0995b4656daef5c57459072ca98abf-c

It looks like GOTG 3 will be the team searching for her.

So you do not like RESCUE in the comics or was it just the movie version you have a problem with?

It's not a movie, it's a tv series with them set in the 1950's.

GOTG was delayed because James Gunn is working on Suicide Squad for DC, Marvel was willing to accommodate that because they know how valuable he is to them.

As someone who did not read the comics I have no idea what peppers name is and didn't know she had a suit of her own. Making an assumption that the people who watch the movies read the comics is going to fail every time.

So the new captain america is going to have super strength like the white CA? If so, how? Cause he got a shield?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who did not read the comics I have no idea what peppers name is and didn't know she had a suit of her own. Making an assumption that the people who watch the movies read the comics is going to fail every time.

I never made any assumptions. I was pointing out who Pepper Potts is. And of course I know everyone who watches the movies don’t read the comics, hell I don’t read the comics I just know a lot about them and what happens. But that doesn’t mean that comics don’t exist and what happens in them don’t matter when they translate them to the big screen.

So the new captain america is going to have super strength like the white CA? If so, how? Cause he got a shield?

Who said anything about Falcon having super strength because he’s the new Captain America? Captain America is a persona it’s not based on who has super strength and who doesn’t.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pepper flew her suit in Iron Man 3 as well. Not just a comic canon item.