• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Austin gets 4 year 42 million dollar deal

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kool aid + HOPE = Ram wood with possible future success

Never have I seen an organization :hope::hope::hope::hope: build a franchise based on HOPE and potential

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kool aid + HOPE = Ram wood with possible future success

Never have I seen an organization :hope::hope::hope::hope: build a franchise based on HOPE and potential
Until now. :thumb:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one pretty much sums it up. This Austin deal is really a crazy deal and it exposes the nonsense of the Snisher 7-9 bullshit approach to a lot of what has transpired in the last four years.

Has LA Rams GM Les Snead Dropped The Ball?

As the article states, Snead has some better productive players that will need to be signed in the near future Brockers/Ogletree/Tre Johnson. Why dump so much into a guy that hasn't really done anything in this league? Sure he scores a td now and then, but you cannot ignore all of the dropped passes he's made either. I cant even remember the last time this team had a 1000 yard rec. Because of this signing, now there is a probable good chance that one of the 3 mentioned earlier will end up not signing here.:L

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the article states, Snead has some better productive players that will need to be signed in the near future Brockers/Ogletree/Tre Johnson. Why dump so much into a guy that hasn't really done anything in this league? Sure he scores a td now and then, but you cannot ignore all of the dropped passes he's made either. I cant even remember the last time this team had a 1000 yard rec. Because of this signing, now there is a probable good chance that one of the 3 mentioned earlier will end up not signing here.:L

Holt in 2007.

This signing impacts 2018 and forward. Austin already had a cap number of $12M+ for 2017.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holt in 2007.

This signing impacts 2018 and forward. Austin already had a cap number of $12M+ for 2017.

2007?? ...Wow that's pretty sad actually. Just goes to show how pathetic our receiving corp has really been as of late. Its pretty ironic in a sense that you mention Tory Holt as he was pretty much drafted in the same spot as Tavon. Its just too bad Tavon hasn't lived up to his so called super hype of a wr. I guess when you compare the 2 stats its clear to see who was the real bargain. What's even more sad if you total up all of Tavons career passing yards, it still doesn't equal what Tory did in just one season! :L What baffles me is why is Tavon being awarded?:trash:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2007?? ...Wow that's pretty sad actually. Just goes to show how pathetic our receiving corp has really been as of late. Its pretty ironic in a sense that you mention Tory Holt as he was pretty much drafted in the same spot as Tavon. Its just too bad Tavon hasn't lived up to his so called super hype of a wr. I guess when you compare the 2 stats its clear to see who was the real bargain. What's even more sad if you total up all of Tavons career passing yards, it still doesn't equal what Tory did in just one season! :L What baffles me is why is Tavon being awarded?:trash:
Not just our WR's but our coaching and our offensive lines has been trash pretty much since Vermeil left.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What baffles me is why is Tavon being awarded?
If you saw the Rams at Broncos with the Rams booth airing, you may have heard Marshall Faulk talk about why he thought it was a good signing.

He compared Tavon to the other WR's who were drafted in the same year as Tavon and there after. Tavon's numbers looked good when you look at his All purpose numbers. Even then, when you look at the numbers Tavon missed out on, at no fault of his own, in terms of yards and TD's due to unnecessary penalties that wiped out his stats he could have had much greater stats.

If you recorded the game with Faulk and Dickerson in the booth, go back a take a listen to them talking about it. Company men :noidea: Maybe, but they do answer some of the questions like you have here zeke.

FWIW - I think with the addition of Mike Groh, the maturation of Tavon, and the addition of guys on the Offensive line, Gurley and Goff, the stars may align for once and we hit this one out of the park and we end up getting to keep a guy we really want rather than see him walk like we saw with Jenkins.

Honestly, think back a season prior to last year, a lot of Rams posters on this site had big problems with Jenkins, fast forward to this off season and we can't afford the guy we drafted, that most here thought we would try hard to keep.

Jenk was the guy some here thought we drafted too high, thought he was too small, he issues and some here thought we should have never taken a chance on but in the end we couldn't afford him long term.

Had we not locked up Tavon long term and he had a breakout season under all the emphasis and focus we invested in the offense, a lot of you guys would be screaming about Snisher's lack of foresight, and not learning a thing from the Jenkins deal.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you saw the Rams at Broncos with the Rams booth airing, you may have heard Marshall Faulk talk about why he thought it was a good signing.

He compared Tavon to the other WR's who were drafted in the same year as Tavon and there after. Tavon's numbers looked good when you look at his All purpose numbers. Even then, when you look at the numbers Tavon missed out on, at no fault of his own, in terms of yards and TD's due to unnecessary penalties that wiped out his stats he could have had much greater stats.

If you recorded the game with Faulk and Dickerson in the booth, go back a take a listen to them talking about it. Company men :noidea: Maybe, but they do answer some of the questions like you have here zeke.

FWIW - I think with the addition of Mike Groh, the maturation of Tavon, and the addition of guys on the Offensive line, Gurley and Goff, the stars may align for once and we hit this one out of the park and we end up getting to keep a guy we really want rather than see him walk like we saw with Jenkins.

Honestly, think back a season prior to last year, a lot of Rams posters on this site had big problems with Jenkins, fast forward to this off season and we can't afford the guy we drafted, that most here thought we would try hard to keep.

Jenk was the guy some here thought we drafted too high, thought he was too small, he issues and some here thought we should have never taken a chance on but in the end we couldn't afford him long term.

Had we not locked up Tavon long term and he had a breakout season under all the emphasis and focus we invested in the offense, a lot of you guys would be screaming about Snisher's lack of foresight, and not learning a thing from the Jenkins deal.

Then in that case Vita we deal with it when it comes..You can't just pay a guy and hope he out performs his 175 lb frame when the numbers haven't done any justice. Hell resign every key piece on the defense with that money because Donald is gonna need an extension, Tree, etc... I give Marshal his props sometimes but at the end of the day, I trust him running between the lines rather than his evaluation of talent. He's not a true #1 or #2 but a #3 in a decent offense hell maybe a #4, but of course it has to be the shit for brains franchise that makes another stupid move and they haven't even got the stadium built yet.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then in that case Vita we deal with it when it comes..
And by this you mean we would lose him if he does have a break out year because we still do need to figure in and lock down guys like TJ, Tree, Donald, Gurley and more to long term deals and that's the point.

Teams walk a fine line here is all I'm saying & it's not as easy as it's made out to be. Snisher is criticized in their attempt to project out and be proactive and then if the player does not live up to the potential, Snisher is criticized once again. Now if Snisher sits on it and it turns out we have situation like Joyner & McLeod Snisher gets criticized again. Well, I guess it comes with the paycheck, you just can't please 'em all.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the reason why I don't have a big problem with it is because it is not an out of the ball park type of deal and we need to do all we can to keep talent on the offensive side of the ball.

They need to keep whatever offensive playmakers they have here in LA!

That he too brings great value to special teams is a big factor for me reconciling his new contract.

Really when you think about it, the Rams have a young offensive line with talent and upside, they have a decent group of running backs led by No. 30, a decent blocking TE in Kendricks and the rookie Higbee looks pretty good too. They have the new offensive coordinator in Boras coupled with WR coach and Passing Coordinator Mike Groh who did a pretty good job coaching up Alshon Jeffery in Chicago. They traded up for Goff, whether you agree or not they had a plan to improve that roster spot but even then, this is the best trio of QB's I can ever remember the Rams having.

So with this we see the WR corp is the weak link. They had to consider if the Coaching, OL, QB's, RB's, & TE's finally all get it going this year, that it would be critical, moving forward, to keep their most talented WR and ST player on the roster.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then in that case Vita we deal with it when it comes..You can't just pay a guy and hope he out performs his 175 lb frame when the numbers haven't done any justice.

Not sure why you're harping on 175 lbs. Antonio Brown is 2" taller and only 181.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the reason why I don't have a big problem with it is because it is not an out of the ball park type of deal and we need to do all we can to keep talent on the offensive side of the ball.

They need to keep whatever offensive playmakers they have here in LA!

That he too brings great value to special teams is a big factor for me reconciling his new contract.

Really when you think about it, the Rams have a young offensive line with talent and upside, they have a decent group of running backs led by No. 30, a decent blocking TE in Kendricks and the rookie Higbee looks pretty good too. They have the new offensive coordinator in Boras coupled with WR coach and Passing Coordinator Mike Groh who did a pretty good job coaching up Alshon Jeffery in Chicago. They traded up for Goff, whether you agree or not they had a plan to improve that roster spot but even then, this is the best trio of QB's I can ever remember the Rams having.

So with this we see the WR corp is the weak link. They had to consider if the Coaching, OL, QB's, RB's, & TE's finally all get it going this year, that it would be critical, moving forward, to keep their most talented WR and ST player on the roster.

I don't know V-Mike, you keep bringing up the term "playmaker" here, I just don't see it. Not trying to be a Negative Nancy, but just take a second and look at TA's production the last 3 years. Its actually below average. He completely disappears at times! His production has always been low, and he doesn't require double teaming! He's easily jammed at the LOS. Sure he had opportunity's called back, but he has also had missed opportunities as well. You cannot tell me that he hasn't dropped passes in 3rd and long situations. He's a great punt returner no doubt. If I remember correctly he has scored a few times on punt/kick off returns and had them called back due to holding or some penalty. I agree that we should have waited until the end of the season to consider a new contract.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you're harping on 175 lbs. Antonio Brown is 2" taller and only 181.

Well then lets compare production between Antonio Brown vs Tavon Austin!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then lets compare production between Antonio Brown vs Tavon Austin!

Yep, because I was clearly saying they are equals. Lets also compare targets and QB play.

The obvious point was that it's not Austin's size that is holding down his production. It's scheme, QB play, and his slow adjustment to the league.

Many here wanted Cordarrelle Patterson or Ace Sanders instead of Austin in that draft; anyone care to compare those stats?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, because I was clearly saying they are equals. Lets also compare targets and QB play.

The obvious point was that it's not Austin's size that is holding down his production. It's scheme, QB play, and his slow adjustment to the league.

Many here wanted Cordarrelle Patterson or Ace Sanders instead of Austin in that draft; anyone care to compare those stats?

LOL....according to some here our ex-qbs faltered because they had NO Targets!

I wont mention the #8 name either!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....according to some here our ex-qbs faltered because they had NO Targets!

Who, fragile Sammy? He's not here because you can't invest heavily in a part time QB. Anyone else that played is backup quality at best (Foles, Hill, Davis, Keenum).

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade up the year before and get Julio... If we just pick Sammy Watkins the year after Tavon instead of Grob? We just seem to be 1 year off on stud WRs or just pick the wrong guy - Alshon. :L It's not been our strong point in the draft, but maybe this year changes that and we end up with some talented sleeper WRs & TE.

I'd rather have Tavon than Janoris when it comes to that kind of money. And i WAS a Janoris fan until his last 2 years of getting burnt so badly. No way in hell was JJ worth that kind of cash and we'll see how he plays now after getting paid.

THE problem with the Rams when it comes to drafting on offense is that they seem more reactive than proactive. Meaning, they seem to react when desperate to trading up for a WR or QB when their backs are against the wall, INSTEAD of grabbing an elite talent when they see it like they did with Gurley. Gurley fell right to the Rams. So did Aaron Donald. They didn't reach and didn't have to.

Julio, Alshon or Mariota and Winston last year. These guys are proven studs and not projects that you trade up for.

Tavon needs to turn into Steve Smith this year and play with a chip on his shoulder.

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ace Sanders was a 4th rounder. So if he bombs not a huge deal. If a top 7 overall pick never produces it is a much bigger deal. That 2013 WR class was one of the weaker WR classes in the last 5 years. And Goff is in one of the weakest QBs classes in years. :L

Desperation man..