• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Auction style drafts....you like, or no?

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, for year 1, I'd have to leave the cap to the draft as well.
Don't think I have the time to manage 12 people's caps on all trades.
That would get complex with the knuckleheads I play with.
Monkey i play with Knuckleheads as well are we related....

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not in auction leagues however a friend at work is
i bust his butt for the rules results etc all the time
it sounds really really interesting

however what everyone states about newbees to the idea does appear oh so clear

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they combine auction with keepers

and the keeper value goes up yearly

they must decide if they are keeping said player by signing each player to an extension

it really sound cool..

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they combine auction with keepers

and the keeper value goes up yearly

they must decide if they are keeping said player by signing each player to an extension

it really sound cool..
It is pretty cool. Thinking of trying to start a auction league since the one I was in is falling apart. Anyone here ever use NFL.com for a league?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty cool. Thinking of trying to start a auction league since the one I was in is falling apart. Anyone here ever use NFL.com for a league?

I have. Did not like it very much.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in a league on NFL.com. I actually like it- but I am just one of the guys, not the commish.
As far as auction site- Best way I have experienced is to hold auction off line and enter results. But for online auction I like CBS (won't be popular here).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in a league on NFL.com. I actually like it- but I am just one of the guys, not the commish.
Hoping not to have to be the commish. Admin isn't my strong suit, but I'll do it if need be. Thanks for responding. Don't suppose your league on NFL.com is auction?

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping not to have to be the commish. Admin isn't my strong suit, but I'll do it if need be. Thanks for responding. Don't suppose your league on NFL.com is auction?
No auction- regular draft.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best auction is together in a room and offline

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big fan of auction leagues. Probably because every time I have drafted auctions my teams have ended up as total disasters. I have always gone the route of values and not overspending on the most elite players. I have gone into drafts with clear targets. But normally get over spent. I have always done them on ESPN and they were fine. They take a really long time to draft though. Everytime I have done it they throw out the bids after the draft. So no salary ramifications for the huge bids.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big fan of auction leagues. Probably because every time I have drafted auctions my teams have ended up as total disasters. I have always gone the route of values and not overspending on the most elite players. I have gone into drafts with clear targets. But normally get over spent. I have always done them on ESPN and they were fine. They take a really long time to draft though. Everytime I have done it they throw out the bids after the draft. So no salary ramifications for the huge bids.
Biggest problem I've encounter is auto picks due to unforeseen problems. Those bots will kill a team by bidding thru the roof first three picks. Tried talking up a slow draft, went over like a lead balloon.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like ESPN, but you only get so many leagues for free. So if possible rather go some other route, yahoo is fine by me, but I'm sure there are better options for a auction league. Seems like they never heard of fantrax, because I get dead silence when I bring that site up.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best auction is together in a room and offline
Wish I had that option, anymore it's hard to have a barebones pick um at work, and seems I'm the only sports fan in the family, friends besides work no longer live any where close.:gaah:

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the limit these days? I never run into that problem because I have leagues over four sites. You could always check out MFL. Never used it before but they might have good auction options.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the limit these days? I never run into that problem because I have leagues over four sites. You could always check out MFL. Never used it before but they might have good auction options.
Think it's ten. Start with the B league, add suicide and coma also add now THATs a bust league. A Seahawk league couple more leagues like " now THATs a bust" league it about 7 leagues . Last year the auction league was on ESPN also, that made it 8. Also have leagues on yahoo, fantrax of course and your flea flicker ( looks like I'll have two on that site this year).
Isn't MFL pay for? Or do they have free leagues also?

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in 13 auction leagues last season( Auction drafts are very relaxing imo) 2 NFL, 4 Yahoo, 7 ESPN. Auction draft interfaces were all pretty close if i had to rank them i'd go ESPN(best auto-draft ranking system) > Yahoo > NFL. As far as the league interfaces i like ESPN the best, but Yahoo has more/better scoring option if you want to customize, NFL.com was a pain especially from a phone stuff was hard to find waivers were't as clear and it lacked some of the options the other provided.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year ESPN allowed 25 leagues and Yahoo allowed 8 not sure on the others